Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
Thank you for reply do you think its worth trying to find a 4th work experience or should I just stick with my three?
More the better but quality > quantity. It’s going to be how you write about it that counts.
Elissamoor123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Laycity)
More the better but quality > quantity. It’s going to be how you write about it that counts.
thank you are you applying aswell?
Riyaan567
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Obviously medicine is a hard course to get onto no matter where you go, but on the scale of uk universities is keele Medicine relatively hard or relatively easy to get onto?
Mayomikun123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
So I’m quite concerned because I’m not quite sure what to put in the boxes about hours and role titles. I volunteered at my local library for 2 years as an IT buddy and I had a summer job as a pharmacy assistant but apart from that the rest of my experience has been shadowing😬. I have had quite a few roles in school where I had responsibilities, like Charity rep and sports captain but if I put those down, I wouldn’t know how many days and hours it would be.
Someone please help ( I’m in year 13 btw)
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mayomikun123)
So I’m quite concerned because I’m not quite sure what to put in the boxes about hours and role titles. I volunteered at my local library for 2 years as an IT buddy and I had a summer job as a pharmacy assistant but apart from that the rest of my experience has been shadowing😬. I have had quite a few roles in school where I had responsibilities, like Charity rep and sports captain but if I put those down, I wouldn’t know how many days and hours it would be.
Someone please help ( I’m in year 13 btw)
The role titles would be as above so: Pharmacy Assistant. With this role you’d probably have your hours written down somewhere in a diary or maybe a supervisor has it on the system.

Obviously it’s just an approximation. They know something like a charity rep you can’t give a set number of hours, so just give a ball park figure based on the number of events, meetings and setting up etc you did.
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
The role titles would be as above so: Pharmacy Assistant. With this role you’d probably have your hours written down somewhere in a diary or maybe a supervisor has it on the system.

Obviously it’s just an approximation. They know something like a charity rep you can’t give a set number of hours, so just give a ball park figure based on the number of events, meetings and setting up etc you did.
Oh okay, thank you so much for the help
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Another question, when it says up to 4 work experience, does that mean that I have to have 4 or can I have less?
Elissamoor123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
u

Another question, when it says up to 4 work experience, does that mean that I have to have 4 or can I have less?
up to four so it can be less.
krups2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anyone got r&r form email today
kubes_04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by krups2001)
yeah, I got mine and I'm really worried as to what to put down, I started volunteering at a care home in late July for 6 hours a week for 5 weeks and then it turned into an hour a week until now. Also since last December, I've been a part of my school's Student Support Team since the start of the year, I've also been a prefect from last April as well. How do I put in the hours for these things?
Elissamoor123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by krups2001)
I did
bbqchicken
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got the R&R email today but I haven't gotten the acknowledgement email yet with the stuff about accessing the applicant portal ? You can only access the R&R form via the applicant portal right ?
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bbqchicken)
I got the R&R email today but I haven't gotten the acknowledgement email yet with the stuff about accessing the applicant portal ? You can only access the R&R form via the applicant portal right ?
I got the email today too, but I thought it was me just being stupid lol because I couldn't find the link. It was the same for my friend too, so I think the email will be sent soon.
Sh_A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh, haha! I was panicking about this too trying to figure out where the actual form was.
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sh_A)
Oh, haha! I was panicking about this too trying to figure out where the actual form was.
Don't worry you aren't the only one lol
krups2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im not sure either ivr been volunteering for the past three years at my temple for 2hrs a week

And at school as a mentor for 5 years how do i put that into hrs
bbqchicken
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got the email today too, but I thought it was me just being stupid lol because I couldn't find the link. It was the same for my friend too, so I think the email will be sent soon.
oh thank god I was freaking out lol
Kinghhfduj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hey, you know the R R form, I don't know know what to write as I only have one week of work experience and I have done nothing apart from that. I go gym and swimming but that's just for my health. do you think I am wasting my choice by applying to Keele as I have nothing to put on the R R form. please let me know. many thanks
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kinghhfduj)
hey, you know the R R form, I don't know know what to write as I only have one week of work experience and I have done nothing apart from that. I go gym and swimming but that's just for my health. do you think I am wasting my choice by applying to Keele as I have nothing to put on the R R form. please let me know. many thanks
Possibly - they suggest a minimum of a 160 hours of volunteering/relevant work experience, many applicants will have much more than this.
Last edited by Laycity; 4 months ago
JTawn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Submitted my R+R form. Hope it’s enough 😩
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads