Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kinghhfduj)
hey, you know the R R form, I don't know know what to write as I only have one week of work experience and I have done nothing apart from that. I go gym and swimming but that's just for my health. do you think I am wasting my choice by applying to Keele as I have nothing to put on the R R form. please let me know. many thanks
There are some guidance notes for the Roles and Responsibilities form on this link -

https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/...ance-notes.pdf

You might find it useful in deciding whether or not your experiences are what they are looking for!
As.1997
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Guys,

I've received the email regarding the R & R but on the email, it says, "You must log into your applicant portal to complete the form and see a copy of the guidance notes. Instructions about accessing the portal can be found in the acknowledgment email, which is sent a day after receipt of application."

I have not received this acknowledgment email. What should I do? Can I still access the portal that it refers to? If so can someone please help me out.
Sh_A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by As.1997)
Guys,

I've received the email regarding the R & R but on the email, it says, "You must log into your applicant portal to complete the form and see a copy of the guidance notes. Instructions about accessing the portal can be found in the acknowledgment email, which is sent a day after receipt of application."

I have not received this acknowledgment email. What should I do? Can I still access the portal that it refers to? If so can someone please help me out.
The username and password required for the portal are also supplied in the email. I sent off my UCAS quite last minute (on the 14th) and received portal access on the 16th.

I would contact them directly tomorrow to make sure since the deadline is quite tight being a fortnight away.
As.1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sh_A)
The username and password required for the portal are also supplied in the email. I sent off my UCAS quite last minute (on the 14th) and received portal access on the 16th.

I would contact them directly tomorrow to make sure since the deadline is quite tight being a fortnight away.
Thank you for your response. Will definitely call them up.
Elissamoor123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
if my three volunteering/work expereinces equate to 400 hours in total, do I need to find a fourth one?
Sh_A
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
if my three volunteering/work expereinces equate to 400 hours in total, do I need to find a fourth one?
In the guidance it says that you don’t need to fill out all of them nor reach a specific hour quota. They mark a maximum of 160 hours, so just put whatever you believe paints a good picture for the admissions team.
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For the R+R form, I used one of my year 11 form tutors for my reference for when I was charity rep (as I did it in year 11), I have his email but not his number (cause I thought it would be a bit weird to ask) and I also don't know his first name just the initial. do you think that will be a problem???? on the form I just put 'Mr (his first name initial)(surname)' if that makes sense:confused:
Sh_A
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Mayomikun123)
For the R+R form, I used one of my year 11 form tutors for my reference for when I was charity rep (as I did it in year 11), I have his email but not his number (cause I thought it would be a bit weird to ask) and I also don't know his first name just the initial. do you think that will be a problem???? on the form I just put 'Mr (his first name initial)(surname)' if that makes sense:confused:
I don’t see any reason for this to cause an issue. It says phone or email and as long as that person is contactable if needed, I don’t see any reason for that to be a problem.
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Sh_A)
I don’t see any reason for this to cause an issue. It says phone or email and as long as that person is contactable if needed, I don’t see any reason for that to be a problem.
okay, thank you
username2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi would it be possible if you could pm me your r and r form.Not to copy by any means just as an influence on how it should be structured.There are no example r and r forms so it is difficult to know what they are looking for so this would be really helpful! Thank you!
username2019
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BadLashes)
yes they do not credit shadowing - they want to know what your hands on stuff is. I applied last year with completed A Levels as I did not get any interviews on my first application. By the time I filled in my R&R form I had been working full time (40 hours/week) for about 2 months as a health care assistant in the community. I wrote about several of the clients I cared for and detailed exactly what I had to do in order to deliver patient centered care etc. I was responsible for showering my clients, changing soiled pads and beds. emptying urinal bags. Plus preparing meals and probably most importantly being prepared to have a cup of tea and a chat with them.

Do not just list what you have done try also say the qualities that you have learnt while doing the job. Like the importance of preserving client dignity while carrying out difficult personal care etc

I got an interview and offer from Keele
Hi would it be possible if you could pm me your r and r form.Not to copy by any means just as an influence on how it should be structured.There are no example r and r forms so it is difficult to know what they are looking for so this would be really helpful! Thank you!
Lucario_Moon
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi there,
Honestly I just wanted to get people's opinions on a few things about the form that I think I'm just a little confused about/don't know how to use to my advanatge. Firstly do we or do we not include actual work experience/shadowing as one of our 4 experiences in section 1? I think the fact that they're calling it all work experience is really throwing me off but I realise in the initial email they said they don't assess shadowing. I wasn't planning to talk about it, just include that I did it and how many hours in section 1 but if this is a complete waste of a space that would be useful to know. :')

I currently have down academic/peer mentoring, brownies volunteer and my volunteering at a dementia care home, if I didn't include the work experience I would probably write about the after school maths class I helped out with? But I realise this is very similar to the mentoring so am kind of reluctant to.

Oh and finally how accurate should I be with calculating my hours? Only asking as some of my roles were very varying with me taking up more over the holidays, less during school time and with varying lengths depending on when I was needed, so would be very difficult to calculate the total time taken accurately

Probably just otherthinking but any advice is seriously appreciated as Keele is my first choice so really want to do my best here :') Thanks!
Keele Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lucario_Moon)
Hi there,
Honestly I just wanted to get people's opinions on a few things about the form that I think I'm just a little confused about/don't know how to use to my advanatge. Firstly do we or do we not include actual work experience/shadowing as one of our 4 experiences in section 1? I think the fact that they're calling it all work experience is really throwing me off but I realise in the initial email they said they don't assess shadowing. I wasn't planning to talk about it, just include that I did it and how many hours in section 1 but if this is a complete waste of a space that would be useful to know. :')

I currently have down academic/peer mentoring, brownies volunteer and my volunteering at a dementia care home, if I didn't include the work experience I would probably write about the after school maths class I helped out with? But I realise this is very similar to the mentoring so am kind of reluctant to.

Oh and finally how accurate should I be with calculating my hours? Only asking as some of my roles were very varying with me taking up more over the holidays, less during school time and with varying lengths depending on when I was needed, so would be very difficult to calculate the total time taken accurately

Probably just otherthinking but any advice is seriously appreciated as Keele is my first choice so really want to do my best here :') Thanks!
There are some guidance notes for the Roles and Responsibilities form on this link -

https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/...ance-notes.pdf

You might find it useful in deciding what to put in your R&R form!
As.1997
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm finding it difficult to address this, " Please provide details of what you actually did within one or more of the experiences you have recorded in section 1.
You should reflect upon the personal attributes you have demonstrated in this work, especially those that are mentioned in the NHS Constitution, but you must be explicit about how you demonstrated them
."

Can someone please give examples of "personal attributes" that they have found in the NHS constitution as I am finding it difficult to see any.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...tution_WEB.pdf
username3626988
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey!!
Just wanted to ask why people are all talking about hours because on mine I don't see any space to put in the hours??? I'm confused as the online form doesn't have space for it but if you type in keele university r&r form on google and click on the document it does???

Also does what we write in sections 2-5 have to be experiences from the 4 places we put in section 1??

Thank you!!!
Sh_A
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by princesslife)
Hey!!
Just wanted to ask why people are all talking about hours because on mine I don't see any space to put in the hours??? I'm confused as the online form doesn't have space for it but if you type in keele university r&r form on google and click on the document it does???

Also does what we write in sections 2-5 have to be experiences from the 4 places we put in section 1??

Thank you!!!
You input your hours on the first page in the roles tables where you’re allowed to put up to 4 experiences.

I would definitely talk about experiences that you inputted, otherwise they’re just empty roles.
Last edited by Sh_A; 3 months ago
myra17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BadLashes)
yes they do not credit shadowing - they want to know what your hands on stuff is. I applied last year with completed A Levels as I did not get any interviews on my first application. By the time I filled in my R&R form I had been working full time (40 hours/week) for about 2 months as a health care assistant in the community. I wrote about several of the clients I cared for and detailed exactly what I had to do in order to deliver patient centered care etc. I was responsible for showering my clients, changing soiled pads and beds. emptying urinal bags. Plus preparing meals and probably most importantly being prepared to have a cup of tea and a chat with them.

Do not just list what you have done try also say the qualities that you have learnt while doing the job. Like the importance of preserving client dignity while carrying out difficult personal care etc

I got an interview and offer from Keele
Hey!

I have few questions regarding the form.

For the first question, do they require you to elaborate what it taught you. For instead, I was a volunteer at hospital where I had opportunity to discuss with patients about research projects we were doing, disease outbreak etc and I discussed information about disease, healthy lifestyle etc improving well being of patients. Do I have to state what it taught me as well ? Or thats enough. Thanks!
Sh_A
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by princesslife)
Mine doesn't have space to input hours???
Huh?? It should be layout in the format:

Dates - Total Hours - Organisations - Roles

Unless they decided to change the form after sending other people a different one.
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Sh_A)
Huh?? It should be layout in the format:

Dates - Total Hours - Organisations - Roles

Unless they decided to change the form after sending other people a different one.
Oh it's ok!! I found it, sorry. Thank you!!!
krups2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
My form Name:  ABC141C4-46D7-4C42-AF08-2F3E2EB8B94A.jpg.jpeg
Views: 85
Size:  39.6 KB does not have hes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads