The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuhaNav
Hi! I asked for a deferral 30th May. My offer on UCAS says start 2020. Does this mean my deferral request was rejected? Is there any possibility I can still defer?

Hi there.

Unfortunately the only advice I can give you for this is to contact the team as they will be able to give you the answers you need. Their number is +44(0) 1782733632 or you can e-mail using [email protected].
Original post by _kaimccann
It’s totally fine:smile: I have called the School of Medicine but it won’t go through, and have sent an email earlier today as this was advised on the applicant’s area of the Keele University website. I know it must be hectic thank you for your help.

I am sorry I couldn't be on any help. If it makes you feel better, when I was applying to university, my UCAS track took a while to be updated as well! It wasn't until the end of results day that I heard back from my choices! Therefore, I don't think it is a very unusual situation. Hang on tight! I've got my fingers crossed for you! :smile:
Original post by ZuhaNav
Hi! I asked for a deferral 30th May. My offer on UCAS says start 2020. Does this mean my deferral request was rejected? Is there any possibility I can still defer?

Hello there! Did you receive any email from the university or updates on UCAS that said if your request was rejected or not? You have until the 30th September to request a deferral and I think it might be safe for you to do it again. If you do it today, you can always call the School of Medicine tomorrow or next week and explain the situation to them, since they won't be as busy next week!
Original post by unlimited123456
Thank you so much, this whole situation is so stressful, and you being so helpful really puts me at ease.

Don't worry about it! This is what we are here for! :smile:
Hello, I got 4A*s and a 6.2 and 4.8 in BMAT 2019, I don't suppose that there are any places available for Clearing/Adjustments for Medicine?
Original post by Mephistopheles07
Hello, I got 4A*s and a 6.2 and 4.8 in BMAT 2019, I don't suppose that there are any places available for Clearing/Adjustments for Medicine?

Give Cambridge a call. I doubt they have anything for you but you never know.

Have you done UCAT?

Post originally created by ecolier.

Hello there! The clearing vacancies page on the Keele website says that there are no vacancies available in medicine at the moment. However, the best advice I can give you is to try calling the clearing hotline on +44(0) 178220491120 and the School of Medicine on +44(0) 1782733632.
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hi there.

Unfortunately the only advice I can give you for this is to contact the team as they will be able to give you the answers you need. Their number is +44(0) 1782733632 or you can e-mail using [email protected].

Okay, Thank you!
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Don't worry about it! This is what we are here for! :smile:

Thank you for all your help, my portal works now, I'm so excited to be joining Keele soon.
Original post by unlimited123456
Thank you for all your help, my portal works now, I'm so excited to be joining Keele soon.

Amazing! I can confirm that the issues were due to load capacity! Congrats again! :smile:
Hello there! Did you receive any email from the university or updates on UCAS that said if your request was rejected or not? You have until the 30th September to request a deferral and I think it might be safe for you to do it again. If you do it today, you can always call the School of Medicine tomorrow or next week and explain the situation to them, since they won't be as busy next week!

Thank you for your reply. I haven't recieved anything addressing my deferral since I sent in the request.
I have to accept my accommodation place in the next three days. Would you recommend I do this as well or wait for a reply first?
Says Cambridge Adjustments are now closed. It appears that I missed it by 45 mins..
Says Cambridge Adjustments are now closed. It appears that I missed it by 45 mins..

You posted in the Keele A100 forum so I assume you're asking Keele.

They require BMAT for international students (so I assume you're one), and as far as I know Keele is not (yet) in Clearing for Medicine.

No, Home student unfortunately-- is there any chance of being accepted with the BMAT as a home student?
No, Home student unfortunately-- is there any chance of being accepted with the BMAT as a home student?

Oh that makes it even less likely... Keele has specifically stated that they only accept BMAT for international students.

I don't think your chance is high in the first place (Keele is not even officially in Clearing for medicine), so it's no big loss.

Actually they were in clearing this year. They had a few places i don't think they publicised it though, but when i called them, they said they had few clearing places.
Original post by Akanya31x
Actually they were in clearing this year. They had a few places i don't think they publicised it though, but when i called them, they said they had few clearing places.

Yep, I have updated the Clearing thread first post with that information. Keele was publically in Clearing last year though.

Original post by ZuhaNav
Thank you for your reply. I haven't recieved anything addressing my deferral since I sent in the request.
I have to accept my accommodation place in the next three days. Would you recommend I do this as well or wait for a reply first?

Could you please talk to one of the Senior Lecturers in Medicine, Dr Gordon Dent about this? You can do so on our Unibuddy scheme, which can be accessed through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/?unibuddy=buddies/staff/5ea6d60e4b90e1085c5425f6
Could you please talk to one of the Senior Lecturers in Medicine, Dr Gordon Dent about this? You can do so on our Unibuddy scheme, which can be accessed through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/?unibuddy=buddies/staff/5ea6d60e4b90e1085c5425f6

Thank you so much for your help. I've now contacted him
Hello again. The School of Medicine got back to me with this- We do say that we will reinstate conditional offers for 2021 as long as the applicant informs us before 30th September that they intend to reapply. It does not distinguish between firm or insurance offer holders, so that will be fine.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Hi i have another question regarding this statement. If you could please ask the medicine team and get back to me that would be much appreciated. I dropped grades in two of my subjects, does this mean for summer 2021 i will only take those two subjects which in my case is biology and chemistry or will i have to take all three a-levels again in the summer 2021.

Latest