Tina13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm currently doing a biomedical science degree at university and I have just completed my first year and going to my second year in September 2019. I thought that I would enjoy biomedical science and maybe even do a masters in something related however I just found myself to no favour laboratory work and I couldn't imagine working in a laboratory in the future with limited patient contact. I was thinking about going to postgraduate degree and doing physician associate but from online research I see that it is a fairly new job in the UK and compared to America I am not sure how in demand this job role will be when I graduate. I'm really confused, is anyone going through the same??
RegisteredBMS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The job is probably 5 years old now. There is demand for it. You don't need any other postgraduate qualification, just your undergraduate degree.
Rikk26
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I did a biomed degree and I am starting the Physician Associate Studies course this August. Feel free to ask any questions
Roo99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How are you funding your course? I am very confused by the government funding and bursaries. Is the £10,000 student loan from Student finance only for the first year of study or as it is a 2 year masters can you receive the loan twice to cover each year, also can you receive the £5,000 NHS bursary along with the SFE loan amount?
Rikk26
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am self-funding and have been saving for 4 years to pay for the course. As i am doing a PGDip in PA studies, i am not entitled to any loan from SFE as that is for people completing the masters course, however I will get the 5K bursary. The masters loan is for the 2 years, so the 10K is split over the two years and yes you will receive the 5K and the loan.
(Original post by Roo99)
How are you funding your course? I am very confused by the government funding and bursaries. Is the £10,000 student loan from Student finance only for the first year of study or as it is a 2 year masters can you receive the loan twice to cover each year, also can you receive the £5,000 NHS bursary along with the SFE loan amount?
Roo99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are there any benefits/drawbacks to doing PGDip over masters?
(Original post by Rikk26)
I am self-funding and have been saving for 4 years to pay for the course. As i am doing a PGDip in PA studies, i am not entitled to any loan from SFE as that is for people completing the masters course, however I will get the 5K bursary. The masters loan is for the 2 years, so the 10K is split over the two years and yes you will receive the 5K and the loan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?