GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Mc.illyssaa)
I wrote my UCAT yesterday and achieved a score of 635 Band 3. Do you think it is worthwhile to still apply to King's or medicine in general? I may also apply to Anglia Ruskin.
It is fine to apply for medicine. Kings use UCAT and GCSEs 50-50 and the lowest UCAT to get an interview in recent years has been around 640 with all A* GCSEs so it is probably not a good idea to look at kings, I’m afraid.
ARU, Plymouth, possibly the 2 new ones would be ok for UCAT med schools and there may well be lots of other options depending on your GCSEs/A levels, eg Liverpool, hyms, UEA, Aberdeen
southlondonmedic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Mc.illyssaa)
I wrote my UCAT yesterday and achieved a score of 635 Band 3. Do you think it is worthwhile to still apply to King's or medicine in general? I may also apply to Anglia Ruskin. My GCSE Equivalent grades were excellent.
I'm not sure about the exact boundaries King's use, maybe check out other threads here.
smscku
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by southlondonmedic)
Hey guys,

I've just finished my 3rd year at KCL for Medicine. feel free to AMA about the course, uni or London!
Hi, I'm applying internationally and I was wondering if it is easy to meet people outside of the course. I'm worried because I'll be 22 when I start and most of my peers will be 18. Obviously I'll be spending the most time with classmates, but I'd like to make some older friends. Do you think that there is a group of older students who are in the same boat as me?
Jassam17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by smscku)
Hi, I'm applying internationally and I was wondering if it is easy to meet people outside of the course. I'm worried because I'll be 22 when I start and most of my peers will be 18. Obviously I'll be spending the most time with classmates, but I'd like to make some older friends. Do you think that there is a group of older students who are in the same boat as me?
Hi, I'm applying to KCL 2020 entry and I'm 30. im sure there will be plenty of people of all ages (at least I hope so) 😊
Gashbash
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello
I’m planning to apply to Kings London for 2020 entry and sat the UCAT last week.
Score- 695 Band 2
GCSEs- 9999998888A*
Predicted grades A*A*A ( Chem Bio Maths)
EPQ - hope to get an A*
I was wondering if my Band 2 will disadvantage me as I’ve heard Band 1 will get double the points.
Would Kings see an EPQ as points worthy? Or would I be disadvantaged by not having a 4th A level subject?Thank you!
Last edited by Gashbash; 6 months ago
hillarious_cow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Gashbash)
Hello
I’m planning to apply to Kings London for 2020 entry and sat the UCAT last week.
Score- 695 Band 2
GCSEs- 9999998888A*
Predicted grades A*A*A ( Chem Bio Maths)
EPQ - hope to get an A*
I was wondering if my Band 2 will disadvantage me as I’ve heard Band 1 will get double the points.
Would Kings see an EPQ as points worthy? Or would I be disadvantaged by not having a 4th A level subject?Thank you!
No one will disadvantage for not having a 4th a level purely because 3 is the standard, band 2 won't disadvantage you especially given how strong your other stats are, you have definitely got what they want so if you want to apply you stand a good chance of getting to interview
Gashbash
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you very much for your reply
Skylar.J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,
Just wondering, i scored 720 average and band 2 but my predicted grade is A* A D3 (with another D3 for my forth subject but might drop)
8A* and 3 A for igcses
Do i stand a chance getting an interview or are my predicted grades too low? Many people has predicted grades with all A* or at least 2 A*

Thank you
xoharrypotter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
does anyone know what sort of UCAT score you'd be looking for, for kings? im a grad applicant applying to the 5 year course (A100)
Last edited by xoharrypotter; 6 months ago
topazz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MechDoge)
Sat the UCAT and got 705 OVR but SJT band 3. I'm so upset because King's doesn't like anything below band 2 apparently . I'm also international so my dream of doing medicine at KCL is out of the window. Good luck everyone.
Hey your ucat score is competitive, but don't worry about the sjt band. I applied to dentistry last september with 660, and sjt band 3, and out of all 4 of my unis, kcl was the only one that gave me an interview. Was pretty shocked, but you've definitely got a chance!
Jassam17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by xoharrypotter)
does anyone know what sort of UCAT score you'd be looking for, for kings? im a grad applicant applying to the 5 year course (A100)
At the open day admissions said they dont have a specific cut off number. But then at the welcome talk they did say 650 is a good score to aim for for the 5 year programme. good luck 😊
xoharrypotter
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jassam17)
At the open day admissions said they dont have a specific cut off number. But then at the welcome talk they did say 650 is a good score to aim for for the 5 year programme. good luck 😊
thank you!
sachinxrao
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was hoping to study Dentistry at KCL but I messed up my AS grades (B in bio, C in chem and phys, D in maths) and not sure whether to resit the year or go to university in Spain. My UCAT was 2680 Band 3. Any help or advice would be taken! Thanks.
selenasvogue
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello

Just did my UCAT a few days ago and I'm a little bit disappointed with my score

VR: 590
DM: 680
QR: 740
AR: 680
SJ: Band 2
Total: 2690 (average 672.5)

Do you think I still have a shot at getting an offer from King's? My GCSE grades are 8A*s, 1A and I am predicted 43/45 points for the IB. I am nervous because I know KCL usually has a very high cut-off for UCAT scores!
smscku
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by selenasvogue)
Hello

Do you think I still have a shot at getting an offer from King's? My GCSE grades are 8A*s, 1A and I am predicted 43/45 points for the IB. I am nervous because I know KCL usually has a very high cut-off for UCAT scores!
King's is a holistic school so they will look at the entire applicant profile. I just looked at my spreadsheet for schools (lol) and the minimum UCAT score they interviewed (not sure of the year) was 2540, and accepted was 2550. I don't know how they determine who gets an interview but your score alone won't inhibit you. It sounds like you have really great grades from my understanding of the UK system! So in my unprofessional opinion you'd have a shot still

And in the post above, someone mentions at King's open day they tell people 650+ is a good score to aim for 5 yr program
Last edited by smscku; 6 months ago
selenasvogue
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by smscku)
King's is a holistic school so they will look at the entire applicant profile. I just looked at my spreadsheet for schools (lol) and the minimum UCAT score they interviewed (not sure of the year) was 2540, and accepted was 2550. I don't know how they determine who gets an interview but your score alone won't inhibit you. It sounds like you have really great grades from my understanding of the UK system! So in my unprofessional opinion you'd have a shot still

And in the post above, someone mentions at King's open day they tell people 650+ is a good score to aim for 5 yr program
Thank you so much for your reply, I am going to try and stay positive I would really like to go to KCL so I think I'll give it a shot!
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by selenasvogue)
Hello

Kings use UCAT and GCSEs with contextual data to select for interview and in previous years 8 A*s would require 650+ for an interview, so you should be fine
selenasvogue
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Kings use UCAT and GCSEs with contextual data to select for interview and in previous years 8 A*s would require 650+ for an interview, so you should be fine
Thank you so much, I feel less anxious now
rimm12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by southlondonmedic)
Hey guys,

I've just finished my 3rd year at KCL for Medicine. feel free to AMA about the course, uni or London!
hi i really want to apply to KCL but i think my gcse english’s language grade is letting me down since i got a grade 5 in it. I was wondering if i could still get an interview based on my UCAT score
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by rimm12)
hi i really want to apply to KCL but i think my gcse english’s language grade is letting me down since i got a grade 5 in it. I was wondering if i could still get an interview based on my UCAT score
Kings require a 6 in Eng Lang (and maths) and if you do not meet their minimum requirements, your application will not be considered further, regardless of your other stats
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills โ€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads