ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago

Welcome to the King's College London A101 Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 5 months ago
username3670876
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Kings do an extended year programme for medicine for people who want a slower paced first year or perhaps can't get the entry requirements for the typical medicine course. Do you think this would be accepted as a fifth choice even though it is technically a medical degree? (you can only apply for a medicine degree at 4 unis, your fifth choice must be a different Course)
Last edited by username3670876; 4 months ago
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MADDYMYERS16)
Kings college do this extended year programme for medicine for people who don't get into the normal medicine course or for people who want a slower paced first year.
If you actually read their website, this course is neither of those things.
kirsty_gander
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by MADDYMYERS16)
Kings college do this extended year programme for medicine for people who don't get into the normal medicine course or for people who want a slower paced first year. Do you think this would be accepted as a fifth choice even though it is technically a medical degree? (you can only apply for a medicine degree at 4 unis, your fifth choice must be a different Course)
Pretty sure the course you are referring to is a foundation course, aimed at those who don't have the 'traditional' a levels for medicine/ have a disadvantaged background
username4879754
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Etomidate)
If you actually read their website, this course is neither of those things.
The website does talk about it being for people from non-selective state schools yes however it does also talk about it being suitable for people who want a slower paced first year on the website.
Hallowkin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys! I wanted to make a thread for people applying through EMDP for Medicine!

My current stats:
Predictions: AAB
GCSE's: A*AAABBBBCC
UCAT: 612.5
SJT: Band 2

Share your current stats on this thread! We can also discuss interview offers, placement offers, as well as interview prep, etc. when the time comes!
aalixyh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
UCAT score is soon to come (26th) hopefully I can do well and get into this course

for now stats are
predictions : A* A* A
GCSES : 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 A* 7

really nervous about UCAT next week
Varyse
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My current stats are

A levels: BBC (resitting the C subject with predicted A + A in an new additional subject)
GCSE: 9,8,8,A*,A, A, A, A, B, C
UCAT : 620 Band 2

I'm unsure if my UCAT will be enough to get an interview and if the EDMP even accepted resits. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
shreya kc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
guys do you think i can get in with my low ukcat ?
predicted: AAA GCSE: 8 8 7 7 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 UKCAT: 550 BAND 2
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
With the ucat this year it seems everyone has been receiving lower scores from what Ive heard. EMDP does take into account your grades and ukcat but not as harshly as A100 would. Im not sure though give it a shot if you can
Hallowkin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nice stats! Anyone else who's applying?
wxgmak
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by aalixyh)
UCAT score is soon to come (26th) hopefully I can do well and get into this course

for now stats are
predictions : A* A* A
GCSES : 9 9 9 9 8 8 8 8 A* 7

really nervous about UCAT next week
OMG my ucat is on the 26th too! I wish you the best of luck! I get clever, medic vibes from you!
Zain5633
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all,

My stats:
Predictions: A*BB (bio,chem,math)
GCSE's: A*887777766
UCAT: 622
SJT: Band 2

Do they still use the personal statement?
rose_11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

I'm trying to contact them to know if they accept Indian CBSE qualifications for entry to medicine (interview) after the foundation year, but didn't get any replies for a long time now. Can anyone please suggest how I can get that information?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Okay guys I sat my UCAT today and I got 645 and a band 2 do you think this is enough?
Onikaminaj
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know if you can apply for this course even if you meet the standard course ?
rose_11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by chelseafc141)
I’m an EMDP student. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask
Hey, I know its a been a long while since you posted this comment.

But can you please, please find out- If I meet the lowest requirement given on their website, THEN, Indian qualifications (CBSE) can be used for direct entry to medicine.

Any help from you will be really great for me, because they're not replying to any emails.

Thanks
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mosope17)
Does anyone know if you can apply for this course even if you meet the standard course ?
yes you definitely can. As long as you are eligible for EMDP you can apply. But you arent allowed to randomly transfer courses as they would say just because you got higher. You would apply seperately and be assessed seperately. The EMDP has its own admissions department and so does A100 so they wouldnt know if you applied to either. You will be judged accordingly.
Last edited by aalixyh; 2 months ago
Flowerpot678
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am extremely keen on applying to this course as it is one of my dream universities but I am gutted that my SJT Band is 4. I am a gap year student and I have achieved the grades to apply and I am eligible for the course. Can someone please guide me giving advice as in what I am supposed to do? Help is very much appreciated! Thank you.
rose_11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by wxgmak)
OMG my ucat is on the 26th too! I wish you the best of luck! I get clever, medic vibes from you!
Hey,
How did u do on the UCAT?
What did u use for sjt? which was most representative of the real test?
Passages in VR were the same length as in medify? Are the official resources more representative?
Were there any conditional patterns for AR like in medify? And also the ones where each shape is assigned points?
Was medify representative of the difficulty of the logic puzzles in the real test? I've heard there are some pretty weird ones too

Any advice on the above would be a great help!!
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (201)
18.72%
Labour (554)
51.58%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.41%
Green Party (60)
5.59%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.58%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)