z2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GeoElectric)
For those interested in applying to Kcl, this is a complete list of all applicants last year, their gcses, predicted grades, ucat scores and whether they got an interview, an offer or a rejection.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1
Hey where did you find this, I was wondering to find something similar to this for other universities and for gateway courses
MEA Medic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
Hey where did you find this, I was wondering to find something similar to this for other universities and for gateway courses
http://whatdotheyknow.com/
username4985358
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by z2002)
It’s a website called ‘what do they know’ (FOI). By the way, I posted this to the wrong thread- it’s for undergrad medicine
THEallstar2111
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It’s a website called ‘what do they know’ (FOI). By the way, I posted this to the wrong thread- it’s for undergrad medicine
Isnt EDMP an undergraduate coourse?
username4985358
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by THEallstar2111)
Isnt EDMP an undergraduate coourse?
Yes it is- sorry! I was referring to the 5 year (a100) course
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes it is- sorry! I was referring to the 5 year (a100) course
Yh thats what i was thinking aswell lol, its alright
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys,
to be eligible for this course did you have to do your GCSE's at a non selective state school in Greater London?

I didn't know this but it said on a pdf, I thought u just had to go to a non selective state school and have a ACORN 4/5 postcode. Am I right?
aalixyh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
That data sheet someone posted made me feel so much better because if normal people can get into A100 With avg ucat then i think i will be moderately okay with the EMDP! 😭🥺🥺
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1 this is for EMDP but not sure its recent idk.
bubblegumflavour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi does having 3A* predicted grades reduce your chance of getting in?
MEA Medic
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bubblegumflavour)
Hi does having 3A* predicted grades reduce your chance of getting in?
depends if you meet their widening criteria .. the most you meet the more you likely to get an interview ...
at interview everyone ll be considered equally regardless how many A* they have
bubblegumflavour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
yh I meet their widening criteria

okay thnx

(Original post by Mohammad Eisa)
depends if you meet their widening criteria .. the most you meet the more you likely to get an interview ...
at interview everyone ll be considered equally regardless how many A* they have
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by aalixyh)
That data sheet someone posted made me feel so much better because if normal people can get into A100 With avg ucat then i think i will be moderately okay with the EMDP! 😭🥺🥺
yhh, what was your score?
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by THEallstar2111)
yhh, what was your score?
645 b2 😫
Govvyghost
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I've applied too but I've been told that despite me meeting the widening participation criteria, I might be put at a disadvantage due to my high predicted grades. Do you think this is the case?

My current stats:
Predictions: A*A*A*
GCSE's: 9,9,9,9,8,8,7,7,7,7
UCAT: 645
SJT: Band 1
auha54321
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Govvyghost)
Hey, I've applied too but I've been told that despite me meeting the widening participation criteria, I might be put at a disadvantage due to my high predicted grades. Do you think this is the case?

My current stats:
YES! The whole point of this course is that it's for people that did bad at gcse's and A-levels. Your stats seem perfectly fine for a normal 5 year course and they'll question you on why you applied to the 6/7 year course....
Zain5633
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Govvyghost)

My current stats:
if you look at the data from 2017/18 year people with similar grades to yours didn't get it. I think this is because you could apply for the A100 courses. Why don't you apply for the A100 Course it seems as though your grades are fine for it.
Ellieann19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by auha54321)
YES! The whole point of this course is that it's for people that did bad at gcse's and A-levels. Your stats seem perfectly fine for a normal 5 year course and they'll question you on why you applied to the 6/7 year course....
I’m a bit confused about where you got this information from? I went on the Sutton trust summer school at Kings and met the director of the EMDP. She said that even if we’re predicted above the entry requirements we’re still looked at equally. I’m starting to stress out about this now so could you clear this up lol? Thank you.
aalixyh
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ellieann19)
I’m a bit confused about where you got this information from? I went on the Sutton trust summer school at Kings and met the director of the EMDP. She said that even if we’re predicted above the entry requirements we’re still looked at equally. I’m starting to stress out about this now so could you clear this up lol? Thank you.
hey there, i started stressing out too when i saw this. it doesnt put you at a disadvantage, the data is not even out for 2019/2020 so he cant simply judge from that. the truth is that emdp looks at you holistically and no predicted grades doesnt put you at a disadvantage, it simply says on the website consider applying to a100 if you exceed entry requirements as both courses are competitive. i have done k+ too so i dont they could reject us for being too good you know what i mean?

ALSO wth the point of this cours eisnt bad for people that did bad on GCSES, its for people that have gone to a state school. They arent expecting students with D's or c's with predicted to get in. Im just saying. also theres no point applying to standard cours ebecause i know my ucat would be too low. you guys need to stop assuming from the data because they assess applicants on a number of facts. the data is also 2 years old. I also met the people in charge of EMDP and they do look at you equally, its a fact. also dont let random people off TSR make you stressed out.
Last edited by aalixyh; 4 months ago
Ellieann19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by aalixyh)
hey there, i started stressing out too when i saw this. it doesnt put you at a disadvantage, the data is not even out for 2019/2020 so he cant simply judge from that. the truth is that emdp looks at you holistically and no predicted grades doesnt put you at a disadvantage, it simply says on the website consider applying to a100 if you exceed entry requirements as both courses are competitive. i have done k+ too so i dont they could reject us for being too good you know what i mean?

ALSO wth the point of this cours eisnt bad for people that did bad on GCSES, its for people that have gone to a state school. They arent expecting students with D's or c's with predicted to get in. Im just saying. also theres no point applying to standard cours ebecause i know my ucat would be too low. you guys need to stop assuming from the data because they assess applicants on a number of facts. the data is also 2 years old. I also met the people in charge of EMDP and they do look at you equally, its a fact. also dont let random people off TSR make you stressed out.
Thank you so much for this, you’ve really put my mind at rest!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads