The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I’m feeling the same way, but we have come so far so don’t be demotivated. If anything let the wait be a motivator as you’re doing revision in having the want to do the best in the final exams. Hope we all get the news we want, but we shouldn’t be anxious just hopeful. We’re in for the long run
(edited 4 years ago)
Remember there’s like 90 offers, so we shouldn’t worry too much.
Original post by mofradarshia15
Remember there’s like 90 offers, so we shouldn’t worry too much.

how do you know that?
Original post by yes0712
how do you know that?

Whoops, I’m not too sure about offers but it will probably be the 90-110 mark. I was meant to say places, just checked and it’s 77 to be exact. But remember more offers are given out than places.
Whoops, I’m not too sure about offers but it will probably be the 90-110 mark. I was meant to say places, just checked and it’s 77 to be exact. But remember more offers are given out than places.

Nope nope nope , they always go over the offer limit. 2018 they gave out 200 offers. They must give everyone who passed the interview threshold an offer even if no spaces. They confirmed this in my interview when i asked them questions. Will be higher this uear as more people applied

I was a bit confused because someone asked them this in 2018 and they replied that they look at the application holistically. So it may be due to threshold or holistically but its more than that
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aalixyh
Nope nope nope , they always go over the offer limit. 2018 they gave out 200 offers. They must give everyone who passed the interviee threshold an offer even if no spaces. They confirmed this in my interview when i asked them questions. Will be higher this uear as more people applied

The number of places hasn’t increased since 2018 but yeah, 217 offers were given out in 2018 which is amazing as there were only 279 interviews.
Original post by aalixyh
Nope nope nope , they always go over the offer limit. 2018 they gave out 200 offers. They must give everyone who passed the interviee threshold an offer even if no spaces. They confirmed this in my interview when i asked them questions. Will be higher this uear as more people applied

So are they giving out offers only based on the interview score or are they looking at each applicant holistically?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yes0712
So are they giving out offers only based on the interview score or are they looking at each applicant holistically?

The lady at the interview said they look at the interview only. They admitted and chose people for interview holistically but they chose people for offers via interview scores. I was a bit confused because i thought it was holistically but she said nope. I think for some students, exceptoons will be made and for k students they may be reconsidered.

This made me super confused because on the website ot says differently snd that it had not been like that in past years.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by yes0712

I’m not too sure about this year but according to information released in 2019 Interviewees are assessed on content knowledge and communication skills at each station. Post interview, applicants are made offers based on interview performance and average UKCAT score.“
(edited 4 years ago)
Tells you here 217 offers in 2018 though, could be just a mix up of numbers.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/540067/response/1287587/attach/4/740.18%20Response.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/540067/response/1287587/attach/4/740.18 Response.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Heres better statistics guys 279 people got an interview and 217 got an offer in 2018. This was only for 77 places

Edit: this got posted above i think woops
(edited 4 years ago)
The number of places hasn’t increased since 2018 but yeah, 217 offers were given out in 2018 which is amazing as there were only 279 interviews.

Never mind ignore my response to an increase in places. I cant confirm this as this was just told me during kplus . Dont know if its true tho
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aalixyh
Never mind ignore my response to an increase in places. I cant confirm this as this was just told me during kplus . Dont know if its true tho

Would be good if it has though.
Reply 594
Original post by Hallowkin
I congratulate everyone on their recent offers, but excuse me when I say this- the empty inbox of my gmail account sends me into deep spirals of anxiety every time I check.

I really hope we get a response soon, I have so much dread building up inside of me, I really don’t want to be rejected. It’s getting harder to sleep at night these days because I can’t get rid of my fear of rejection.

Try not to stress they send interview and offers in batches. Last year i had my interview at the start of February and got my offer at the end of March. Ik the waiting is horrible but hang in there!!!
Reply 595
Has anyone with interview 5th Feb got an offer?
Original post by Anon/0
Has anyone with interview 5th Feb got an offer?

No people keep asking this lol. I think 5th of feb alot of people had interviews. I even had my interviee then. Be patient. Even if some people did more would go out
Reply 597
I’m sorry, my friend was interviewed on the same day and time as me (5th Feb) got one and now I feel as if it’s over for me now😭😭😭🙁Do they give offers for ppl interviewed on the same day all at once? Or is it spread out??😭😭😭
Original post by Anon/0
I’m sorry, my friend was interviewed on the same day and time as me (5th Feb) got one and now I feel as if it’s over for me now😭😭😭🙁Do they give offers for ppl interviewed on the same day all at once? Or is it spread out??😭😭😭

Oh really, was yours morning or afternoon?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 599
Oh **** really, was yours morning or afternoon?

Morning, was urs 5th Feb too?

Latest

Trending

Trending