EvaMariaNicola
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
@ArcherBear Do you think there is a chance to get an interview with a predicted first in Psychology BSc. UCAT score 2650, Band two. And loads of volunteering experience? Thank you!
ArcherBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EvaMariaNicola)
@ArcherBear Do you think there is a chance to get an interview with a predicted first in Psychology BSc. UCAT score 2650, Band two. And loads of volunteering experience? Thank you!
I'm not sure if KCL class psychology as a biological science. But your UCAT I think would be incredibly risky to apply to KCL GPEP with. You might be better served applying to Warwick, potentially Sheffield also.
IndigoBloom
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This freedom of information request shows that the lowest total UCAT score from the 2018/19 cohort was 2710: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._london_medica

KCL also accepted SJ results from bands 1–3.

Since the overall mean UCAT score for this year (results released yesterday) was only very slightly lower than the 2018 average, presumably a score of around 2700 is needed (+ SJ band 1–2, to be on the safe side).

KCL do state on their website, though:

'When considering those students which will be shortlisted for interview the selectors consider the following; predicted or achieved 2.1 (or equivalent) in a Biosciences degree; the personal statement, the reference and the score in the UCAT. These contribute to the shortlisting of candidates, and we do assess for this programme holistically, taking in to account all these factors and your performance in the context of your educational background. Examination results and the UCAT score are perhaps the most important factors when considering applications. These are highlighted as they provide us with the fairest and most consistent method of assessing applicants.'

So presumably a 1st can help compensate a little for a UCAT score that's a little on the lower side?

My general feeling if that you're very, very keen on King's and meet the entry requirements, you might as well give it a shot?
whisperoxy49
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, Well done on getting in! I am thinking of applying to King's this year but was wondering if you could answer some qs I have?I know you haven't been there long but do you have any insights about the uni already? Why did you want to go there? Is there sufficient support (I have heard this as a negative?)Also, do you know how many weeks of the year the course runs for each year? It's something that I know varies hugely between courses but couldn't find the info anywhere on the website.Thanks!
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by whisperoxy49)
Hey, Well done on getting in! I am thinking of applying to King's this year but was wondering if you could answer some qs I have?I know you haven't been there long but do you have any insights about the uni already? Why did you want to go there? Is there sufficient support (I have heard this as a negative?)Also, do you know how many weeks of the year the course runs for each year? It's something that I know varies hugely between courses but couldn't find the info anywhere on the website.Thanks!
I actually decided to defer my entry to 2020 so I'll be in the same class as you lovely people

I can say though that I did my MSc at kings and it was one of the best times of my life. really supportive staff when I was there, great facilities and just the vibe has always been positive.

I've got friends at kings medicine now and those that have graduated. the main complaints I've heard are sometimes the admin is less than stellar. also due to the large size of the cohort, it's not so easy to develop closer relationships with professors and them knowing your name may be unlikely at times.

oh the length of the course is a really good question. I think the first year of the GEM course ends in July however what you don't see online is the first year of GEM starts in August, usually second week of August. this is to bring the GEM students up to speed with a four week introductory module prior to joining the second year of the 5 year course in September.
so you'll need to have completed any studies by August
Last edited by ArcherBear; 4 months ago
Puzzled11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Did you have to submit transcripts or was it just entering the data on the UCAS form? When I called they said to upload the transcripts onto UCAS but there isn't any section to do that. Is everything through UCAS or do they request for additional information following that? Thanks!
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Puzzled11)
Did you have to submit transcripts or was it just entering the data on the UCAS form? When I called they said to upload the transcripts onto UCAS but there isn't any section to do that. Is everything through UCAS or do they request for additional information following that? Thanks!
so you don't submit transcripts via ucas.
what will happen is you submit your UCAS application as normal. you'll then receive confirmation from KCL which will include a link to KCL application portal. any messages, updates and interviews will be via the KCL portal. they will send you a message on the portal asking you for certificates, transcripts and any other additional info they need.
Puzzled11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ArcherBear)
so you don't submit transcripts via ucas.
what will happen is you submit your UCAS application as normal. you'll then receive confirmation from KCL which will include a link to KCL application portal. any messages, updates and interviews will be via the KCL portal. they will send you a message on the portal asking you for certificates, transcripts and any other additional info they need.
That's great, makes more sense, thanks! Do you remember what type of additional information they were asking for other than certificates and transcripts and when they request for them? Want to get organised!
Last edited by Puzzled11; 4 months ago
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Puzzled11)
That's great, makes more sense, thanks! Do you remember what type of additional information they were asking for other than certificates and transcripts and when they request for them? Want to get organised!
They only asked for certificates and transcripts. If you took the UCATSEN, they'll ask for proof also.

FYI interview invites went out last year from the 13th December.
Puzzled11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They only asked for certificates and transcripts. If you took the UCATSEN, they'll ask for proof also.

Thanks! This is really helpful!
gradmed98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has anyone received their confirmation email?
cocoabeaneo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gradmed98)
Has anyone received their confirmation email?
Yep I received mine the day after submitting, maybe check your junk email?
gradmed98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
cocoabeaneo Cheers for that found it. Does anyone know when the KCL Interview is for GEM?
supergrad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gradmed98)
cocoabeaneo Cheers for that found it. Does anyone know when the KCL Interview is for GEM?
previous applicants mentioned above (see below) last year it was 13th Dec..we may hear around that time too

Last edited by supergrad; 3 months ago
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello KCL applicants.

I've noticed word that UG applicants have started reviving invites. Good news, put on your anxiety boots because it was KCL that has sent them out. Maybe they'll be sending out A102 out soon too?

Regardless, here's a spreadsheet to keep track of how things are going and cut off points. I'm sure that many of you may find it of use this year to compare amongst eachother throughout the process, and future applicants will enjoy the fruit of this collaboration as they, as you once have, figure out where to apply.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1543972251

I have removed the time slot column from last year, feel free to add it back in, or ask me to add it in. It's up to yourselves as to what you find useful and redundant.
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

Good luck guys.
EvaMariaNicola
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm not sure if KCL class psychology as a biological science. But your UCAT I think would be incredibly risky to apply to KCL GPEP with. You might be better served applying to Warwick, potentially Sheffield also.
Thank you! Great to hear that you have a place for 2020. Well done!
medinc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
does anyone know when interview invites went out last cycle?
cocoabeaneo
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by medinc)
does anyone know when interview invites went out last cycle?
The first invite posted on last year’s thread went out on 13th December, though could be different this year
Carena.guthrie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Any one had an offer for Sports and Exercise Medical Sciences yet ?
phillymed
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Carena.guthrie)
Any one had an offer for Sports and Exercise Medical Sciences yet ?
This is a feed for graduate entry medicine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads