Schminky94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Interview yay! 2880, 2.1 biomed & MSc in Cancer. Don’t know when my interview is yet tho. Already nervous
EvaMariaNicola
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview.
KingLadoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by EvaMariaNicola)
I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview.
I got rejected for the same reason too last night. I kinda predicted i would with a low score (lower than yours) but i wonder what the cut off was
EvaMariaNicola
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KingLadoo)
I got rejected for the same reason too last night. I kinda predicted i would with a low score (lower than yours) but i wonder what the cut off was
Sorry to hear that you got rejected too. I actually was quite hopeful (probably wishful thinking)... its just a shame that the UCAT counts so much more than grades...
kmc07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ah I’m 2:1 Biomedical Science with a UCAT score of 2600 (band 2) it looks like my rejection is pending
supergrad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm really sorry to hear that and honestly wish you all the best with your remaining medical applications.

I got rejected with a predicted distinction in BSc Psychology and a UCAT score of 2650 (Band 2), which they stated was not high enough to get an interview
I'm really sorry to hear that you got rejected and honestly wish you all the best with your remaining choices. It’s worrying 2650 is actually quite a good ucat score
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sorry to hear about your rejection, did you apply anywhere else?

I also hate to ask, but did you clarify with KCL whether Psychology would have been accepted as a degree for the course or not?
EvaMariaNicola
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 548)
Sorry to hear about your rejection, did you apply anywhere else?

I also hate to ask, but did you clarify with KCL whether Psychology would have been accepted as a degree for the course or not?
I did contact them and they said if the majority of my subjects are bio science subjects, then I should apply. I somehow though that they look at the UCAT score and the predicted grades. But from what I can gather from their feedback, the UCAT score was too low and they did not even bother looking at anything else.
I also have applied at Queen Mary, but have not heard anything yet...
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did contact them and they said if the majority of my subjects are bio science subjects, then I should apply. I somehow though that they look at the UCAT score and the predicted grades. But from what I can gather from their feedback, the UCAT score was too low and they did not even bother looking at anything else.
I also have applied at Queen Mary, but have not heard anything yet...
QM really like a achieved or predicted distinction or first by their graduates so i hope you get an invite from them; good luck!
EvaMariaNicola
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by supergrad)
QM really like a achieved or predicted distinction or first by their graduates so i hope you get an invite from them; good luck!
Thank you! Have you achieved to get an interview?
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you! Have you achieved to get an interview?
I haven't heard back.. King's is the only grad entry med I've applied to.. what are your other choices?
KingLadoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sorry to hear that you got rejected too. I actually was quite hopeful (probably wishful thinking)... its just a shame that the UCAT counts so much more than grades...
its ok, its not the end of the world. Having spoken to Doctors and dentists alike, both say the UCAT is an unforgiving exam, alot of people with the right qualities/skillset get straight up rejected because of their score. But that is the game unfortunately.
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
@kingladoo i have to say it; nice username
missr6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I haven't heard back yet- First in biochemistry, UCAT 2840 B2
Really thought I'd get the interview this year, guess I am waiting for my rejection
notochord
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Looks like theyve only really given interviews to people with a band 1 situational judgement so far
Bio.Sam
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not really sure on cut-off either as based on the spreadsheet (unless it's a typo) UCAT range is 2600 to 3050 and Band 1 (with 1 Band 2)
supergrad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bio.Sam)
Not really sure on cut-off either as based on the spreadsheet (unless it's a typo) UCAT range is 2600 to 3050 and Band 1 (with 1 Band 2)
could you post the link to the spreadsheet please?
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
could you post the link to the spreadsheet please?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1543972251
Bio.Sam
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks!
KingLadoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
@kingladoo i have to say it; nice username
hahah thanks, its been my go-to username for anonymity on the internet since my club penguin days back in 05 👀😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads