ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago

Welcome to the Lancaster University A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medi...e-and-surgery/

For entry requirements click: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medi...-requirements/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Langsett
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anybody else considering Lancaster ?
iwannabefree
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yeip for 2020, will make final decision once I get BMAT result on 20 Sep’19. Any idea of 2018 BMAT cut off?
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by iwannabefree)
Yeip for 2020, will make final decision once I get BMAT result on 20 Sep’19. Any idea of 2018 BMAT cut off?
I am not sure I think it was 11.5 where are else are you thinking sitting the BMAT in October
iwannabefree
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thanks. I sit the BMAT in August. Hopefully I’ll be able to apply to Leeds and Keele (as back up)..
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi everyone,
I just finished my second year at Lancaster doing Biological Sciences with Biomedicine and if you have any questions about Lancaster (the uni, or the town, or the course), please let me know!
Good luck with your applications & BMAT exams everyone,
Charlotte
iwannabefree
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi everyone,
I just finished my second year at Lancaster doing Biological Sciences with Biomedicine and if you have any questions about Lancaster (the uni, or the town, or the course), please let me know!
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte -

Do you know if anyone has transferred from biological science degrees after the first year to the medicine course?
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by iwannabefree)
Hi Charlotte -

Do you know if anyone has transferred from biological science degrees after the first year to the medicine course?
Hello!
I've not heard of anyone who has done this and this is their official statement: 'Lancaster Medical School will consider applications from those who wish to defer entry for one academic year. We do not accept transfers into the medical degree programme from any other undergraduate degree programme. In the absence of significant personal mitigating circumstances, we are unable to consider applications from current medical students or from applicants who have previously attended another medical school. Such applications would only be considered if the applicant could demonstrate satisfactory academic achievement in their current or previous medical school, in addition to the serious and significant mitigating circumstances.' Biological Sciences would not be appropriate to swap and Biomedicine possibly would be but I think it's so unlikely that it would better to take a year out and reapply or apply as a graduate after studying a Bioscience degree. Hopefully you manage to get a place though!
Charlotte
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Have to say I loved it at Lancaster when I visited
Abzy2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hi everyone,
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

I'm from London and considering applying to lancaster. I was just wondering how the ethnic diversity is at the uni?
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Abzy2002)
Hi Charlotte,

I'm from London and considering applying to lancaster. I was just wondering how the ethnic diversity is at the uni?
It's nothing like London because it's quite a small city and small uni. Overall it's quite diverse but most of the diversity comes from international students. Unfortunately the majority of British students are white, from a mix of background but mostly from the north and north-west. There's definitely non-white students and you should meet them but it also depends on your course. So for example, on my course nearly all the students and teaching staff are white with not many internationals (and the ones that are tend to be European) but subjects within Management School tend to have more diverse teaching staff and students.
The town is mostly white working class as well.
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions,
Charlotte
Yashchou
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
what bmat cut off Lancaster would be using for 2020 entry please? Do u need GCSE at all 9 or 8? how is experience of students at Lnacaster? is it PBL?
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Anyone else applied to Lancaster ?
Crumblexcrackers
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I applied to Lancaster this year! I’m not too sure on the BMAT cutoff but I don’t think it’s too high.
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Good luck to everyone glad the bmat is done with
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It’s very quiet on here anybody else applied ?
I don’t know my bmat result yet
What’s everybody else’s stats
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just wondering what BMAT score is competitive For Lancaster
Langsett
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
Just wondering what BMAT score is competitive For Lancaster
Last years on their website
Amna_07
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi i just got my bmat results which were 3.1, 3.2 and 2.5A and I'm not sure what my chances of scoring an interview is.
HarryPetes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
anyone heard from admissions yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise