nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
However, it is the only figure that is widely available...
Perhaps we [TSR] should do something about that.
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nexttime)
Perhaps we [TSR] should do something about that.
Crack on! Make giving advice much easier and I have often felt that the pressure TSR could bring to bear on unis would count for far more than ignored SARs. The info from the TSR competition ratios is exactly what is needed, it just needs to be updated every year!
And whilst you are at it, get them all to do what Sheffield, Oxford, Leicester, etc do and clearly post on their websites how they select and past cut offs, then we could all have a few hours of our lives back!
HHaricot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Then call them up and ask. This is not something that anyone on here is likely to know the answer to, I'm afraid, as it is a very individual situation
Just to update. I need to submit a form [should have done already] for mitigating circumstances with school confirming i will have taken 2 years only in a-level. Must be done by Oct 1st.
However, now they are also concerned that the gcse were taken over 3 years [home educated.]

I think their website and the med schools application booklet really could have been clearer around this and the process, as initially I hadn’t noticed this. And it doesnt have the ‘what to do’. The team tho was very helpful, ty.

I have put this here mostly for future readers.
Since my UCAT is in the top decile, i think i am just going to apply to the alternatives and use this as as a way to reduce the shortlist. Newcastle and Aberdeen being my current top choices, with Sheffield next and then Bristol, Kent and Medway and UEA being 2 out of 3.
Rouge1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have 55/64. How risky would be Leicester?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by HHaricot)
Just to update. I need to submit a form [should have done already] for mitigating circumstances with school confirming i will have taken 2 years only in a-level. Must be done by Oct 1st.
However, now they are also concerned that the gcse were taken over 3 years [home educated.]

I think their website and the med schools application booklet really could have been clearer around this and the process, as initially I hadn’t noticed this. And it doesnt have the ‘what to do’. The team tho was very helpful, ty.

I have put this here mostly for future readers.
Since my UCAT is in the top decile, i think i am just going to apply to the alternatives and use this as as a way to reduce the shortlist. Newcastle and Aberdeen being my current top choices, with Sheffield next and then Bristol, Kent and Medway and UEA being 2 out of 3.
I suspect the A levels would be accepted with clarification in your reference that it had only been a 2 year period, but the GCSEs are more tricky.
Sounds like you have a good plan!
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rouge1234)
I have 55/64. How risky would be Leicester?
Cut off 54.5 last year, 53.5 the year before
he3456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Banshee123)
I fit criteria for automatic interciew at Leicester, what i would like to know is the interview : offer ratio
By the looks of the information you have given me, in 2015 it was 693 : 503 which are decent odds. However since this information is almost 5 years old, it doesn't really give a great representation.

Thx
what is the criteria for automatic interview?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by he3456)
what is the criteria for automatic interview?
As per the selection process - achieved A levels and acceptable UCAT score
tireddoc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Simrankpy)
I have a question..... what was the least score that you know of out of 64 that was invited for an interview last year? As I'm aware the score used to be out of 64 but now it's changed to 84 and just wanted to see whether I have a chance with a score of 70.5/84
who said that it is changed to 84? this year is also from 64. Last year the minimum was 54.5
Simrankpy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
don't know where I got 84 from, but yes your right the score is out of 64. So will anyone with a score below that not bother applying? I score 53.5/64 and I'm applying
tireddoc
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
don't know where I got 84 from, but yes your right the score is out of 64. So will anyone with a score below that not bother applying? I score 53.5/64 and I'm applying
Leicester school released the minimum score for 2019 entry, it was 54.5, it raised up one point above the year before score, which was 53.5. So for 2020 entry, the minimum score will depend on the GCSE and the UCAT for the students applying. They calculate their score and rank them and take the top according to the number they need. So the minimum score can not be predicted exactly, may be as last year or the year before or maybe less or more. If you can apply for more safer school, do that because in all situations you are borderline, Good luck
Last edited by tireddoc; 5 months ago
Simrankpy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
"all situations you are borderline"

what do you mean?
HHaricot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

what do you mean?
That since Leicester had 53.5 one year and then 54.5 last year, at a score of 53.5 you hover right on the border for being offered an interview - since we don’t know what this years cut off might be.
Doesnt mean dont apply, but just look to maximise your interview offers with the choices you pick, and be aware that this one may be OK, but also may not.
tireddoc
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

what do you mean?
May or may not get an offer
swiftab97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For graduates, is it only A levels, degree classification and ucat score taken into account for the point scoring? As all it says is "Provided the minimum GCSE requirements have been met"? Also, would a score of 55.5/64 guarantee me an interview you reckon? Lastly, do Leicester take your ucat into account after interview? Or are offers made solely on interview performance?
Last edited by swiftab97; 4 months ago
aneyran
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’m considering applying to the university of Leicester for Medicine in 2020 and wanted to ask people who have previously applied or study there wheter i have a chance.
Here are my stats

Gcse
Chemistry-A
Maths -A*
Biology -A
English lit-B
English lan -A
Physics -A*
Economics-A
Geography-A
Computer Science-B

A levels prediction
Chemistry-A*
Maths-A*
Physics-A*

UKCAT 645

I have done work experience in hospitals and Also volunteered working with refugee and disabled young adults Will it be worth applying?
ChooseWisely
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Would a UCAT score of 2540 equal to 25.5 points?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ChooseWisely)
Would a UCAT score of 2540 equal to 25.5 points?
No
katiel2_01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by aneyran)
I’m considering applying to the university of Leicester for Medicine in 2020 and wanted to ask people who have previously applied or study there wheter i have a chance.
Here are my stats

Gcse
Chemistry-A
Maths -A*
Biology -A
English lit-B
English lan -A
Physics -A*
Economics-A
Geography-A
Computer Science-B

A levels prediction
Chemistry-A*
Maths-A*
Physics-A*

UKCAT 645

I have done work experience in hospitals and Also volunteered working with refugee and disabled young adults Will it be worth applying?
This is the scoring system that Leicester is using this year:

https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/scoring

Last year's cut off was 54.5 and 53.5 in 2018
ChooseWisely
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No
So what would it be in points?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads