(Original post by ChooseWisely)
So what would it be in points?
tireddoc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Would a UCAT score of 2540 equal to 25.5 points?
25 only
adamhassan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hi there,im really confused on where to apply to with my current qualifications,i have:GCSE:maths: 8english lang: 8english lit: 9chem: 9physics: 8RS: 8history: 8french: 7biology: 7graphics: Apsychology: Ai am predicted to get A* A* A in my A- LEVELS with biology, chem, and maths respectivelyand i got an average of 655 and band 3 in my UCAT this year.do you think the band 3 would put me at an advantage ?
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by adamhassan)
hi there,im really confused on where to apply to with my current qualifications,i have:GCSE:maths: 8english lang: 8english lit: 9chem: 9physics: 8RS: 8history: 8french: 7biology: 7graphics: Apsychology: Ai am predicted to get A* A* A in my A- LEVELS with biology, chem, and maths respectivelyand i got an average of 655 and band 3 in my UCAT this year.do you think the band 3 would put me at an advantage ?
Leicester do not score SJT (though they have in the past used it as a virtuall MMI station, I do not think they do any more)
Elissamoor123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
how is it that even though the ucat average dropped last year the cut off increased by 1 point, surely it should have gone down or stayed the same as less people did well
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
how is it that even though the ucat average dropped last year the cut off increased by 1 point, surely it should have gone down or stayed the same as less people did well
Over 27,000 people sat the UCAT. That means that there are plenty of people with high UCAT scores, and many of them may have chosen to apply to Leiceseter. Or GCSE grades went up. Or people with better GCSE grades decided to apply to Leicester. There are any number of reasons for the cut off to go up
ChooseWisely
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does Leicester's scoring system only take into account UCAT score and your top 8 GCSE's?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does Leicester's scoring system only take into account UCAT score and your top 8 GCSE's?
It is exactly as per the detailed information they give on their website
Last edited by GANFYD; 4 months ago
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If I am a contextual applicant, will I be be able to secure an interview with less points?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Abzy2002)
If I am a contextual applicant, will I be be able to secure an interview with less points?
This is also fully discussed on their website
https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/appl...-participation
swiftab97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is their a universal cut off for school leavers and graduates? Or is it different for each group?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by swiftab97)
Is their a universal cut off for school leavers and graduates? Or is it different for each group?
Different for each group. Thye publish the stats on their website
https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/applying/statistics
swiftab97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Different for each group. Thye publish the stats on their website
https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/applying/statistics
Thank you! Any reason why graduate cut off's seem to be lower than non graduate cut offs? I'm a third year student who scored 55.5/64? Do you reckon Leicester is a safe place to apply to for an interview? The cut off has never been higher than 54.5 based on the link you gave me, but I'm worried the cut off may increase by at least 1.5 points?
behx
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For my GCSE's I got 5 grade 9, 5 grade 8 and an A in additional maths but my UCAT was low only 605, how likely am I to get invited to interview?

Thankss
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you! Any reason why graduate cut off's seem to be lower than non graduate cut offs? I'm a third year student who scored 55.5/64? Do you reckon Leicester is a safe place to apply to for an interview? The cut off has never been higher than 54.5 based on the link you gave me, but I'm worried the cut off may increase by at least 1.5 points?
Numbers of applicants and places available, I would guess.
As you see, cut off for school leavers went up by 1 point last year and this was pretty unusual, so I would have thought you would have been fine
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by x.beheshta)
For my GCSE's I got 5 grade 9, 5 grade 8 and an A in additional maths but my UCAT was low only 605, how likely am I to get invited to interview?

Thankss
Work out your score and compare it to recent cut offs
swiftab97
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Numbers of applicants and places available, I would guess.
As you see, cut off for school leavers went up by 1 point last year and this was pretty unusual, so I would have thought you would have been fine
Thanks for the reply! If im not mistaken, the 2018 entry cut off was 50.5/64 for graduates, and this increased to to 54.5 for 2019 entry for graduates, so this was a 4 point jump! As a graduate, im just worried that the cut off score may increase for this year! As 55.5 is cutting is cutting it rather close.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks for the reply! If im not mistaken, the 2018 entry cut off was 50.5/64 for graduates, and this increased to to 54.5 for 2019 entry for graduates, so this was a 4 point jump! As a graduate, im just worried that the cut off score may increase for this year! As 55.5 is cutting is cutting it rather close.
It is most likely about the numbers of people applying. I am not an expert on grads, but look at what is needed to make up the score and ask yourself it is statistically likely to increase by much
behx
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Do you know what last years cut off was?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by x.beheshta)
Do you know what last years cut off was?
Have you read through the thread? Or their website?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads