The Student Room Group

Lincoln A10L 2020 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Note: This is a University of Nottingham at University of Lincoln Degree, rather than a University of Lincoln standalone degree.

Welcome to the University of Lincoln A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/mdcmdcub/

For entry requirements click: https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/course/mdcmdcub/#collapse222020-21

Lincoln Medicine 2020 Offer Holders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6344712

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
i'm hoping to apply to lincoln for the 2020 entry and just wanted to ask about how you guys are finding it
Reply 2
i’m think of applying for medicine in the uk. i was wondering what the difference was between the nottingham/ derby pathway and the lincoln pathway was for the uni of nottingham. also does anyone have any opinions on which one i should choose.
Original post by renitha
i’m think of applying for medicine in the uk. i was wondering what the difference was between the nottingham/ derby pathway and the lincoln pathway was for the uni of nottingham. also does anyone have any opinions on which one i should choose.

The main difference is that the Lincoln programme is based in Lincoln and Lincolnshire for 6 years, whereas the Derby/Nottingham programme is in Derby for 1 year then Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire for 5 years. Both are University of Nottingham degrees.

However, perhaps worth saying (since your message implies that you live outside of the UK) that both programmes are only eligible to UK students or those living in the UK with settled status.
Original post by renitha

I am referring here to the A108 and A18L programmes. The main difference is that the Lincoln programme is based in Lincoln and Lincolnshire for 6 years, whereas the Derby/Nottingham programme is in Derby for 1 year then Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire for 5 years. Both are University if Nottingham degrees.

However, perhaps worth saying (since your message implies that you live outside of the UK) that both programmes are only eligible to UK students or those living in the UK with refugee status.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by LMSAssocDean
I am referring here to the A108 and A18L programmes. The main difference is that the Lincoln programme is based in Lincoln and Lincolnshire for 6 years, whereas the Derby/Nottingham programme is in Derby for 1 year then Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire for 5 years. Both are University if Nottingham degrees.

However, perhaps worth saying (since your message implies that you live outside of the UK) that both programmes are only eligible to UK students or those living in the UK with refugee status.

hi,
thanks for your reply.
would i be able to apply for the 5 year courses (A100 and A10).
Reply 6
also i’m applying from Ireland
Original post by renitha
hi,
thanks for your reply.
would i be able to apply for the 5 year courses (A100 and A10).

Yes, there are places available for international students on both A100 and A10L. Contact Nottingham colleagues for numbers.
Original post by renitha
also i’m applying from Ireland

If you are Irish then 2020 entry you would be considered home/EU. No-one currently knows what the situation will be for 2021 entry, due to the uncertainty over Brexit.
Reply 9
Original post by LMSAssocDean
If you are Irish then 2020 entry you would be considered home/EU. No-one currently knows what the situation will be for 2021 entry, due to the uncertainty over Brexit.

that’s perfect thank you, i’m applying for 2020 entry.
Any ideas on what score you need to have out of 40 to be eligible for an interview at Nottingham?
For reference my top 9 GCSE's are 988887776. I'm predicted A*AA in AS and got 620 in ucat and band 1.

I'm quite confused, is Lincoln and Nottingham the same uni now? and what is the minimum cutoff for UCAT? Do I have a chance of getting an offer?

Help would be greatly appreciated thankyou
Reply 12
Original post by As.1997
Any ideas on what score you need to have out of 40 to be eligible for an interview at Nottingham?

This is the Lincoln thread (though interviews are at Nottingham!)? The score is out of 56, not 40
Original post by GANFYD
This is the Lincoln thread (though interviews are at Nottingham!)? The score is out of 56, not 40

If someone applies for, and is shortlisted for both A10L and A100 then they can choose to be interviewed in Lincoln or Nottingham. If they apply for or are shortlisted for only one pathway they will be interviewed in Lincoln for A10L or in Nottingham for A100.
Nottingham University is in Nottingham, and is very nice - quite an older established place, good with science, reliable, sensible choice

Lincoln is obviously the capital town of Lincolnshire, where it is quite hard to get to (no motorway there, just a twisty road across a bridge owned by a farmer - I had to pay 2 quid to cross his bridge - it was worth it as it is a gorgeous town). Time has passed the place behind, it felt to me like England in the nineteen-seventies. Lots of happy people walking purposefully around, a busy & vibrant town centre, not stuffed with closed shops, with a very steep hill up to the big castle & cathedral where they have a copy of the Magna Carta.

Lincoln uni is quite modern , was originally an offshoot of University of Hull, then started life by itself around 1999/2001,

what you are referring to is presumably https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/lincoln-course/index.aspx

quote: Medicine with a Foundation Year BMBS, based in Lincoln. The University of Lincoln’s inspiring, waterfront campus is right in the heart of the friendly and vibrant city of Lincoln. Yes, there are Swans

So, Lincoln is a city, but felt like a small, lovely town - I think Nottingham is just sponsoring this easier-access course at Lincoln, in part to increase the number of med students who will train in Lincolnshire with profs from both universities taking part, remember that applications to some medical colleges are ten times oversubscribed

Notts: Five-year Medicine (A100/A10L) for 2020 entry
Lincs: Medicine with a Foundation Year BMBS (A108 and A18L) - 2020 entry

I think that's how I'm reading it, don't rule it out - I've no idea what the grades are , compared to say Cardiff or Exeter or Lancaster
Original post by LuigiMario
Nottingham University is in Nottingham, and is very nice - quite an older established place, good with science, reliable, sensible choice

Lincoln is obviously the capital town of Lincolnshire, where it is quite hard to get to (no motorway there, just a twisty road across a bridge owned by a farmer - I had to pay 2 quid to cross his bridge - it was worth it as it is a gorgeous town). Time has passed the place behind, it felt to me like England in the nineteen-seventies. Lots of happy people walking purposefully around, a busy & vibrant town centre, not stuffed with closed shops, with a very steep hill up to the big castle & cathedral where they have a copy of the Magna Carta.

Lincoln uni is quite modern , was originally an offshoot of University of Hull, then started life by itself around 1999/2001,

what you are referring to is presumably https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/lincoln-course/index.aspx

quote: Medicine with a Foundation Year BMBS, based in Lincoln. The University of Lincoln’s inspiring, waterfront campus is right in the heart of the friendly and vibrant city of Lincoln. Yes, there are Swans

So, Lincoln is a city, but felt like a small, lovely town - I think Nottingham is just sponsoring this easier-access course at Lincoln, in part to increase the number of med students who will train in Lincolnshire with profs from both universities taking part, remember that applications to some medical colleges are ten times oversubscribed

Notts: Five-year Medicine (A100/A10L) for 2020 entry
Lincs: Medicine with a Foundation Year BMBS (A108 and A18L) - 2020 entry

I think that's how I'm reading it, don't rule it out - I've no idea what the grades are , compared to say Cardiff or Exeter or Lancaster

Yeah cheers for the reply but I don't really care whether or not you find swans in Lincoln I just wanted to know what the UCAT cutoff is for each one. Did you just copy and paste this from some website?
OK :-), No i physically visited Uni of Lincoln recently (a friend was there for 3 years - I popped over for last years reading week), and was impressed!

as this is a completely new arrangement Notts/Linc I'm not sure if you will find any UCAT/BMAT cutoff data, so you should ensure to also apply direct to the english division at the second faculty of Warsaw medical university where my mate got in for 2019 after all the UK A100's rejected her, after the whole f**ked up year of interviews & tests, she got in to Warsaw on merit too, post results, took about 15minutes to apply & 1 day for them to accept!

compare with what you are doing with UCAS/UCAT
Reply 17
Original post by LuigiMario
OK :-), No i physically visited Uni of Lincoln recently (a friend was there for 3 years - I popped over for last years reading week), and was impressed!

as this is a completely new arrangement Notts/Linc I'm not sure if you will find any UCAT/BMAT cutoff data, so you should ensure to also apply direct to the english division at the second faculty of Warsaw medical university where my mate got in for 2019 after all the UK A100's rejected her, after the whole f**ked up year of interviews & tests, she got in to Warsaw on merit too, post results, took about 15minutes to apply & 1 day for them to accept!

compare with what you are doing with UCAS/UCAT

thank you so much for the advice :smile:)
To put the record straight:
A10L - 5 year medicine at Lincoln (the same as Nottingham A100, just at Lincoln)
A18L - medicine with foundation year (the same as A180 at Nottingham, just at Lincoln)

Both courses are Nottingham courses just hosted by Lincoln. The students at the Lincoln Medical School are students of both Nottingham and Lincoln. They have ID cards for both universities. The degree is awarded by Nottingham.

The road to Lincoln as taken by me was long, straight and fast. No farmers or toll bridges involved. It's the A46. The A15, the A58 and the A158 also lead to Lincoln.
Original post by sam72016
Yeah cheers for the reply but I don't really care whether or not you find swans in Lincoln I just wanted to know what the UCAT cutoff is for each one.

If you look on the Nottingham website you can calculate your chances of getting an interview. It is not as simple as UCAT cutoff - it is points scored from a combination of specific GCSEs and each separate section of the UCAT.

Latest

Trending

Trending