shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can someone explain why lincoln offers only prosection and nottingham offers full body dissection - i thought lincoln and derby would both be exactly the same just different locations ?
paulkisho
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by shum1614)
can someone explain why lincoln offers only prosection and nottingham offers full body dissection - i thought lincoln and derby would both be exactly the same just different locations ?
LMSAssocDean
LMSAssocDean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paulkisho)
LMSAssocDean
(Original post by shum1614)
The teaching of Anatomy on UoN Medicine programmes has varied according to site since 2003. GEM students based in Derby do not undertake dissection although their peers on the A100 programme do. There is no evidence of difference in attainment of anatomical knowledge on these two programmes. Hence when the A10L and A18L programmes were planned, the decision was taken to offer prosection-based Anatomy teaching in Lincoln, akin to that on the GEM programme in Derby. We have an excellent academic and technical team in Anatomy at Lincoln and we are confident that our students will achieve similar outcomes in their anatomical knowledge as their peers based in Nottingham.
shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LMSAssocDean)
The teaching of Anatomy on UoN Medicine programmes has varied according to site since 2003. GEM students based in Derby do not undertake dissection although their peers on the A100 programme do. There is no evidence of difference in attainment of anatomical knowledge on these two programmes. Hence when the A10L and A18L programmes were planned, the decision was taken to offer prosection-based Anatomy teaching in Lincoln, akin to that on the GEM programme in Derby. We have an excellent academic and technical team in Anatomy at Lincoln and we are confident that our students will achieve similar outcomes in their anatomical knowledge as their peers based in Nottingham.
Okay thank you !
a.ahmadzs786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
so has lincoln given out all its interviews?
wiktxriaxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a.ahmadzs786)
so has lincoln given out all its interviews?
They come in batches I think, so the first set must have gone out x
a.ahmadzs786
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by wiktxriaxo)
They come in batches I think, so the first set must have gone out x
Ohhhh thank you
LMSAssocDean
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a.ahmadzs786)
Ohhhh thank you
All interviews have now taken place.
a.ahmadzs786
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LMSAssocDean)
All interviews have now taken place.
Is that for both the five and six year courses ?
LMSAssocDean
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. All interviews for A18L and A10L were completed in early January.
RaRa1002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Does anyone know if offers are still being given out?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (425)
67.57%
No (204)
32.43%

Watched Threads