The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicjwil
Are there any particular Halls that first year medics stay in? Which ones are the most sociable? Thanks

I would like to know this too
Original post by Langsett
I would like to know this too

I chose crown place cos it’s the closest one to the hospital and med school, but I’m so worried about making friends who I can chill with outside of lectures etc
Does anyone have any idea on which hall is usually the most social ???
Hi - on the accomodation front I also like the look of Greenbank but a bit worried about being a distance from the med school given how often we will be in etc. Be good to hear from anyone who has chosen Greenbank or any current med school students who stayed there in year 1
if you get a studio room does that mean that you don't get to use a communal kitchen and don't have a common room essentially????
Because if so that's kind of boring to be all alone
a friend of mine at liverpool says crown place and vine court tend to have the most 1st years - specifically medics but you kind of find the medics everywhere
I haven’t received an email about accommodation. Does everyone get one?
Original post by Medtrier
Hi - on the accomodation front I also like the look of Greenbank but a bit worried about being a distance from the med school given how often we will be in etc. Be good to hear from anyone who has chosen Greenbank or any current med school students who stayed there in year 1

i've chosen greenbank, crown and philharmonic.
Original post by holahola123
if you get a studio room does that mean that you don't get to use a communal kitchen and don't have a common room essentially????
Because if so that's kind of boring to be all alone

You still have the common room in the accommodation and the social places, just have your own kitchen too
Original post by holahola123
Does anyone have any idea on which hall is usually the most social ???

greenbank student village is the most social and luxurios with several facilities, e.g gym however its more expensive and its a 20min bus journey away from the med school, so you will need a yearly bus pass which is about £380 but you can get a discount if you but the bus pass directly from the liverpool student shop.
otherwise crown place is not as sociable but it is the closest to the uni and med school 5 min walk and the price is more reasonable
I emailed admissions and they said they should get ALL the offers out by the end of March!!
Original post by car1039
I emailed admissions and they said they should get ALL the offers out by the end of March!!

Did they say when they would start coming out ?
Original post by Victoria4121

no sorry
Have bare people started booking accommodation? I haven’t because I feel like it’s kinda pointless unless you know you’re getting an offer.
Original post by Superboy256
Have bare people started booking accommodation? I haven’t because I feel like it’s kinda pointless unless you know you’re getting an offer.

yeah because if you do get an offer if you have already booked ur accommodation you are more likely to get the place u want
Original post by Superboy256

Accommodation is first come first serve for choices so I would if I were you - there’s no disadvantage to applying now but there might be if you didn’t apply and then don’t get the one you want if you do get an offer :smile:
Original post by Victoria4121

At the end of my interview, two med students told everyone that Liverpool won't send ANY decisions out until the 31st of March. Idk if other interview batches have been told this as well but they did say we shouldn't expect anything before then...
I thought that Universities weren't allowed to prioritize accomodation choices for early requests
Might be wrong tho
Original post by qweasdzxc098
At the end of my interview, two med students told everyone that Liverpool won't send ANY decisions out until the 31st of March. Idk if other interview batches have been told this as well but they did say we shouldn't expect anything before then...

Last year offers came out on 26th and 27th of March. Year before that was around the same. So they just say that to make sure they don’t give false info, I assume.

Latest

Trending

Trending