The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Huntervet, I wish you the very best in your interviews this week! Please, do let use know how you get on?
Reply 381
Original post by SHOWEY
Hello Will,
What course is the A2M?

I presume A2M = Access to Medicine... I thought it was a code for one of the other Foundation courses just as we have 789S...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 382
Congratulations once more to everyone that has had an Offer!
Reply 383
Little00 we are still waiting to hear from you; how did you get on?
Reply 384
Original post by SHOWEY
Hello Will,
What course is the A2M?

Morning SHOWEY,

Yes A2M = Access to Medicine.
Is everyone apart from Hannah moving to the Liverpool area for the course? Any plans on where you are going to live?
Reply 385
Original post by gwilem
Morning SHOWEY,

Yes A2M = Access to Medicine.
Is everyone apart from Hannah moving to the Liverpool area for the course? Any plans on where you are going to live?

Good afternoon Will!

I figured it out eventually and posted it in an earlier post.
UoL doesn't refer to the course as Access to Medicine, that was why I didn't figure it out sooner and thought it was a code for another Health Study course.

I have to move to Liverpool, i.e buy a house... I am looking at somewhere equidistant between St Helens and UoL... God help me with that...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 386
Original post by SHOWEY
Good afternoon Will!

I figured it out eventually and posted it in an earlier post.
UoL doesn't refer to the course as Access to Medicine, that was why I didn't figure it out sooner and thought it was a code for another Health Study course.

I have to move to Liverpool, i.e buy a house... I am looking at somewhere equidistant between St Helens and UoL... God help me with that...

Same position I'm in by the sounds of it. I don't know the area at all so my current plan is to rent in St Helens for Y0 and then look to buy a place in Liverpool in time for the start of Y1.
Original post by gwilem
Same position I'm in by the sounds of it. I don't know the area at all so my current plan is to rent in St Helens for Y0 and then look to buy a place in Liverpool in time for the start of Y1.

Ah good plan! I honestly couldn’t comment on any areas in St Helen’s and Liverpool, I don’t know them well enough. It depends what type of place you’re looking for too- like student lifestyle or erm more mature student lifestyle haha!
Original post by SHOWEY
Huntervet, I wish you the very best in your interviews this week! Please, do let use know how you get on?

Thanks so much for the well wishes showey!

The test yesterday was okay - I did my best!
My interviews today were quite hard!! But again... I did my best!

So happy to hear that you have a place! Well done to everyone has got on the medicine course so far. Hopefully the vets will hear back soon too!
I will let you know as soon as I know!
How old is everyone that’s got a place if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 390
Original post by hannahcoroner

I'm 26. How about you Hannah?
Original post by gwilem
I'm 26. How about you Hannah?

I’m 25 😊
Reply 392
Original post by gwilem

As a suggestion, why don't you buy now that you can easily get a mortgage based on your current income which may take a hit when you start studying, hence, lenders would look at you less favourably?
Reply 393
Original post by huntervet
Thanks so much for the well wishes showey!

The test yesterday was okay - I did my best!
My interviews today were quite hard!! But again... I did my best!

So happy to hear that you have a place! Well done to everyone has got on the medicine course so far. Hopefully the vets will hear back soon too!
I will let you know as soon as I know!

You are most welcome and cheers for getting back to me!

I am still rooting for you and soon, you will get the Good News!
Reply 394
Original post by hannahcoroner

Hannah, you certainly can't forget my age going by the 0.5 which I couldn't let go the other time... 🤣🤣🤣
Reply 395
I am prolly the oldest the 789S course has ever admitted...
Original post by SHOWEY
Hannah, you certainly can't forget my age going by the 0.5 which I couldn't let go the other time... 🤣🤣🤣

Hahah oh I remember the 0.5!
Reply 397
Original post by SHOWEY
As a suggestion, why don't you buy now that you can easily get a mortgage based on your current income which may take a hit when you start studying, hence, lenders would look at you less favourably?

Mainly anxiety around buying in a city I have visited once - for a cancelled interview. I have spent the last year working as a HCA in order to support my application/gain experience. I'm not sure lenders are going to look at me favourably currently!

How old are you showey if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 398
Has anyone started doing any preparatory studying for the course? If so what content have they been looking at? Has anyone spoken to anyone who is on the course this year? Any idea what the course specifically covers?
Original post by gwilem
Has anyone started doing any preparatory studying for the course? If so what content have they been looking at? Has anyone spoken to anyone who is on the course this year? Any idea what the course specifically covers?

DF5EC30B-765C-4838-9B06-ABE3A57DA5EB.jpg.jpeg

Latest

Trending

Trending