Tharunya1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there,
I am planning to apply to newcastle this year, do they allow languages as one of their a levels, as i was quite confused with what subjects they allow
Advertisement
MedicPls
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is 2870 on the UCAT good enough for an interview?
David Chan88
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Is the UCAT cut off higher for international student. I got 2,800. Is it too risky to apply ?
Advertisement
Piggieeez
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MaxMed)
Would imagine so however, the threshold varies slightly from year to year dependent upon how well people score. You can find the cut off scores for interview from previous years on the medical school admissions site.
MedicPls
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Piggieeez)
Would imagine so however, the threshold varies slightly from year to year dependent upon how well people score. You can find the cut off scores for interview from previous years on the medical school admissions site.
Ok thanks a lot
Advertisement
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by earl2334)
Does Newcastle want applicants to get AAA predicted or AAA achieved in AS?
Newcastle do not score or rank AS levels. They need AAA predicted and then rank in UCAT score
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tharunya1234)
Hi there,
I am planning to apply to newcastle this year, do they allow languages as one of their a levels, as i was quite confused with what subjects they allow
They allow ANY THREE subjects at A level (just need an A predicted and if it has a practical element, this must be passed)
Advertisement
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MaxMed)
Has been every other year
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by David Chan88)
Is the UCAT cut off higher for international student. I got 2,800. Is it too risky to apply ?
International cut off has been really variable, I guess because of the small cohort size. 700 should be OK unless deciles change a lot
Here are the cut off scores for international students in previous years: 

2017 – 2100 (only 3 parts to UKCAT this year); 2016 – 2700; 2015 - 2300 (the year after UKCAT deciles went crazy when people were put off applying due to the high cut off the year before).
I do not have 2018 and 2019 figures but I am sure they will tell you if you ask (and do post on here to assist others)
Advertisement
David Chan88
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Dear Ganfyd, That's good news to know. Yup I will write to the university for the latest statistics. I saw in thier website that there were applicants from their PATHWAY routes (including some overseas applicants) who may require lower UCAT - a bit worry if the min. given was referring to this group and the actual UCAT cut off for other international applicants are much higher. I got UCAT 2800, SJ Band 3, with 9 ICGSE A* and equilvant A*A*A* predicted grades, any recommendations ? Quuen Mary, Exter, Cardiff are out of questions as for Cambridge PreU applicants like me, they require the full Diploma.Thanks
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by David Chan88)
Dear Ganfyd, That's good news to know. Yup I will write to the university for the latest statistics. I saw in thier website that there were applicants from their PATHWAY routes (including some overseas applicants) who may require lower UCAT - a bit worry if the min. given was referring to this group and the actual UCAT cut off for other international applicants are much higher. I got UCAT 2800, SJ Band 3, with 9 ICGSE A* and equilvant A*A*A* predicted grades, any recommendations ? Quuen Mary, Exter, Cardiff are out of questions as for Cambridge PreU applicants like me, they require the full Diploma.Thanks
Post on the megathread and people will try to advise
Advertisement
MedicPls
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Overall stats aren't fantastic but I think I'll be ok since they don't score GCSEs.

GCSEs:
3 A*s equivalent, 5 As equivalent, 3 Bs equivalent

UCAT:
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Their website doesn’t specify any subjects outside subjects they don’t want. It seems kinda strange to me I mean does this mean someone with 3 A*’s in IT, RS and Spanish could get in???
I’m confused i understand some foundation courses only care about grades but this is the first time I’ve seen the ordinary course like this.
Advertisement
5hyl33n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If they do, I’m in
2500_2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
Their website doesn’t specify any subjects outside subjects they don’t want. It seems kinda strange to me I mean does this mean someone with 3 A*’s in IT, RS and Spanish could get in???
I’m confused i understand some foundation courses only care about grades but this is the first time I’ve seen the ordinary course like this.
yes, but you do also have to score very highly in the UCAT.
Studentboy783
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
yes, but you do also have to score very highly in the UCAT.
So basically if I was a genius who could score full marks on the UCAT and Gain 3 A*s in social sciences they’d accept me
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Studentboy783)
So basically if I was a genius who could score full marks on the UCAT and Gain 3 A*s in social sciences they’d accept me
There’s the small part of the interview. They don’t require any specific subjects for A levels this year which is quite unique. They also don’t look at GCSEs either.

As mentioned their UCAT cut off is at the higher end, it was about 680 last year.
Advertisement
The.One.And.Only
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Any ideas for cutoff for A100 home/eu this year?
DGeorge13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
They won’t know as it’s based on who applies. I’m planning on applying to Newcastle via PARTNERS as I went to look at Newcastle and fell in love with the place and the course seems absolutely stunning and is highly regarded with a lot of emphasis on student choice and the visit booklet by the GMC suggests student voice is quite important there.
Stats 10 grade 9s at gcse 3a*s predicted at a level and 715 band 3 UCAT
I also have your average in terms of volunteering and extracurricular
George Hogarth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
2650 worth applying with?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads