Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tecwhizz)
Intriguing that there seems to be much lower engagement on this year's thread than on last year's for this course!
Preach, Warwick thread is fairly dead too in comparison.
Ellios
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Morning everyone, so begins another week of anxiety after the brief stress-free weekend.

How is everyone coping?
JakeyLank
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellios)
Morning everyone, so begins another week of anxiety after the brief stress-free weekend.

How is everyone coping?
I’m not 🙃😂 Based on last years statistics, January interviewees should hear this week right?
TheGraduateMedic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JakeyLank)
I’m not 🙃😂 Based on last years statistics, January interviewees should hear this week right?
*all. It’s not split into Dec/jan. the offers will come out in no particular order.

Also I think I heard this day last year but it was an exceptional offer... didn’t think the normal ones had come out at this stage?
Last edited by TheGraduateMedic; 3 weeks ago
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheGraduateMedic)
*all. It’s not split into Dec/jan. the offers will come out in no particular order.

Also I think I heard this day last year but it was an exceptional offer... didn’t think the normal ones had come out at this stage?
What's the distinction between regular offers and exceptional offers?

Most of the offers were in January last year I believe, and only a few came out at the end of Feb alongside the rejections - Hard to know what to expect really...
TheGraduateMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What's the distinction between regular offers and exceptional offers?

Most of the offers were in January last year I believe, and only a few came out at the end of Feb alongside the rejections - Hard to know what to expect really...
Yeah the ones in January were exceptional it was my interview cohort I think. As in they were a week after interviews. And a few people on the course that didn’t get exceptional got their offers at end of Feb they said because they were really worried and remembered the wait.

Distinction is just interview scores. They’re not doing it this year so I wouldn’t worry. I think it’ll be before end of feb but I think stick to whatever general timings they’ve given you
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheGraduateMedic)
Yeah the ones in January were exceptional it was my interview cohort I think. As in they were a week after interviews. And a few people on the course that didn’t get exceptional got their offers at end of Feb they said because they were really worried and remembered the wait.

Distinction is just interview scores. They’re not doing it this year so I wouldn’t worry. I think it’ll be before end of feb but I think stick to whatever general timings they’ve given you
Alright that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

Sadly they haven't given us any timings, do you know if anyone had any success calling up to inquire about timings last year?
TheGraduateMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Alright that makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.

Sadly they haven't given us any timings, do you know if anyone had any success calling up to inquire about timings last year?
I mean for us they put it on that piece of paper you sign at interview, no harm in calling. Just urge people to not keep calling or once one person calls for no one else to call. Sounds like you’d be doing people a favour by perhaps calling!
piptaz!
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by tecwhizz)
Intriguing that there seems to be much lower engagement on this year's thread than on last year's for this course!
I think everyone is totally stressed with the wait to hear back from their interviews - hopefully it will be worth the wait.
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just called - they said we will definitely hear back by the end of march so "we should expect to hear around that time".

I assume it'll most likely be earlier but damn that's a long way away
Marni_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just called - they said we will definitely hear back by the end of march so "we should expect to hear around that time".

End of March?! That seems so excessive considering some of us interviewed in December I'm suuuuure it'll be before then (wishful thinking?)
Thanks for calling though!
TheGraduateMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Yeah sorry this is why I warned because I knew it’d be probably about a month longer. Hold tight also enjoy some time off! A101 here is hell on Earth (a loveable one) so try and chill as much as you can . Easier said than done I know!
Satinade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Offer from Newcastle! (Only track, nothing through on email yet)
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Satinade)
Offer from Newcastle! (Only track, nothing through on email yet)
That's amazing, congrats!
I'm hoping that not hearing anything yet isn't necessarily a bad thing ...
Marni_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
offer from Newcastle too! total shock
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's amazing, congrats!
I'm hoping that not hearing anything yet isn't necessarily a bad thing ...
ngl, not looking good
Ellios
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 548)
ngl, not looking good
Do you reckon? They went out in a few batches last year is all
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you reckon? They went out in a few batches last year is all
Hard to grasp since they've changed how they send out offers, and there being about half of offers from last year given what Antibiotics/TheGraduateMedic has said about too many candidates being offered a place.
TheGraduateMedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’d imagine a few batches - no news is good news!

People with offers feel free to message with questions
JakeyLank
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m super scared now, can you guys who have offers tell me when your interview date was?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (427)
67.67%
No (204)
32.33%

Watched Threads