The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedicGHM
I got a rejection email from the University of Nottingham Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. I applied to both Nottingham and Lincoln. Does that mean ive also been rejected from Lincoln too? I haven't got an interview from lincoln yet.
Predicted ABB 617.5 Band 3

Not necessarily, what’s your stats?
Original post by wiktxriaxo
Hahaha you know what I meant 2650 whoops my bad, sorryyyyy (cant even get 3650 lollll)

Thanks for noticing :wink:

Was gonna say if you got a 900 average what’re you doing applying to FDN medicine 😂
Original post by Wagwan_my_g
Not necessarily, what’s your stats?

2 As, 5 Bs and 2Cs
I didnt write GCSEs. I took an different exam called WAEC. It's similar to the GCSEs.
A level predicted ABB
UCAT 1 in the 500s and 3 in the 600s an average of 617.5 Band 3
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Wagwan_my_g
Was gonna say if you got a 900 average what’re you doing applying to FDN medicine 😂

still don't have the grades for the normal medicine course no matter what score I have ahaha 😭😂
Original post by MedicGHM
I got a rejection email from the University of Nottingham Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. I applied to both Nottingham and Lincoln. Does that mean ive also been rejected from Lincoln too? I haven't got an interview from lincoln yet.
Predicted ABB 617.5 Band 3

Oh and mynottingham isn't even online rn. So I can't just check it there. It's under maintenance. Such bad timing.
How important is volunteering?

I’ve done 6months at a charity shop and put it on the nottingham portal for evidence. I’ve now left the shop as of a week ago due to personal reasons.

I’m hopefully going to volunteer at a care home soon, but will probably only have actual evidence to upload after the final deadline which is this Wed 11th December.

Would this affect my application in anyway? I’ve done plenty of work experience but it’s just the volunteering part :frown:
Original post by bathtimecheetah
How important is volunteering?

I’ve done 6months at a charity shop and put it on the nottingham portal for evidence. I’ve now left the shop as of a week ago due to personal reasons.

I’m hopefully going to volunteer at a care home soon, but will probably only have actual evidence to upload after the final deadline which is this Wed 11th December.

Would this affect my application in anyway? I’ve done plenty of work experience but it’s just the volunteering part :frown:

I don't know if this helps, but I haven't done any volunteering at all and I got an interview. I have had a part-time job tutoring people and I'm going to start my job as a HCA soon but no volunteering.
Original post by besthonestliar
I don't know if this helps, but I haven't done any volunteering at all and I got an interview. I have had a part-time job tutoring people and I'm going to start my job as a HCA soon but no volunteering.

okay thanks :smile: im probably just overthinking it all, but congrats on the interview!!!
So mynottingham is back online and both my applications have the status received and under consideration.
Update : all nottingham interviews are out now it’s just preparing for interviews if you have one
Original post by shum1614
Update : all nottingham interviews are out now it’s just preparing for interviews if you have one

Do you know around how many ppl got interview??
Original post by cherry1011

nope no idea
I

Original post by cherry1011

I believe it’ll be around 100 for 25 places
Hi
I have 42 points however i got rejected
Yet i know people with lower scores get an interview???
Original post by mk00123
Hi

Yes, it seems weird as people with the same points as me got an interview
Original post by Aspiring_doc786
Yes, it seems weird as people with the same points as me got an interview

Could this be a mistake? did u try calling them up
Original post by mk00123
Could this be a mistake? did u try calling them up

No, I haven’t but I might
Original post by mk00123
Hi

That’s unfortunate, I think I was one of those people. Perhaps personal statement had a big impact??
Original post by adzz.s1
That’s unfortunate, I think I was one of those people. Perhaps personal statement had a big impact??

They weren’t scoring personal statements, but they might have read them. I’m not sure what they did with PS this year
Original post by Aspiring_doc786
They weren’t scoring personal statements, but they might have read them. I’m not sure what they did with PS this year

Not formally scored but I’d imagine they read PS to decide on borderline groups

Latest