The.One.And.Only
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Alex-d19)
Hey I’m considering it, do grads have to do the GAMSAT or can we apply with UCAT? Websites abit unclear.
They said gamsat at the open day
wyann
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
^^^^^

thank you
Chez231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Alex-d19)
Hey I’m considering it, do grads have to do the GAMSAT or can we apply with UCAT? Websites abit unclear.
I’m confused too ! I think it’s Gamsat for grads
wyann
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
when are the Plymouth interviews
Gregor99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wyann)
when are the Plymouth interviews
I think they were in jan and Feb last year. They’ll probably be released under the entry requirements part sometime soon after ucas deadline I think.
username4951576
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
does anyone know if Plymouth only uses interview scores when selecting those getting offers at the end?
MedApplicant02
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by username4951576)
does anyone know if Plymouth only uses interview scores when selecting those getting offers at the end?
I rang them up with that question couple of days ago and they said offers are made based off only interview score.
Lozc3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
does anyone know how Plymouth select for interviews? Also does anyone know how many places they have for 2020 entry?
Gregor99
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
For anyone who was asking about interview dates which you could potentially have here’s what was been posted on the website
Interviews for the 2019 application cycle are expected to take place in the weeks commencing the 25th November 2019, the 16th December 2019 and the 13th January 2020. Equal consideration will be given to all applicants invited for interview.
wyann
Yashchou
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Gregor99)
For anyone who was asking about interview dates which you could potentially have here’s what was been posted on the website
Interviews for the 2019 application cycle are expected to take place in the weeks commencing the 25th November 2019, the 16th December 2019 and the 13th January 2020. Equal consideration will be given to all applicants invited for interview.
wyann
does Plymouth goes for clearing in medicine at all?
Gregor99
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Yashchou)
does Plymouth goes for clearing in medicine at all?
Doesn’t normally.
Last 3 years it hasn’t anyway, 2 years ago they apparently nearly did but they go down their reserve list first and they filled all the places that way.
Each application cycle is different though. There has been a couple the last years for other Med schools but the places are very competitive.
Yashchou
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Gregor99)
Doesn’t normally.
Last 3 years it hasn’t anyway, 2 years ago they apparently nearly did but they go down their reserve list first and they filled all the places that way.
Each application cycle is different though. There has been a couple the last years for other Med schools but the places are very competitive.
Thanks. Do u know which medical schools have placed for clearing?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Yashchou)
Thanks. Do u know which medical schools have placed for clearing?
There was a Clearing thread that I spent loads of time updating virtually hourly. All the med schools who entered clearing I have listed on the first post.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5638684
Elissamoor123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is Plymouth a diverse place to study or is it all just white people.. any Indians doing medicine or Asian people doing medicine.
Abzy2002
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
Is Plymouth a diverse place to study or is it all just white people.. any Indians doing medicine or Asian people doing medicine.
Hey, I'm south asian and I get what ur going through, I've applied to plymouth knowing that the social life might not be as great as other unis but at the end of the day you'll most likely find a group which you fit in with, and since I'm asian and applying there's probably at least a few others too
Ianrlawrence
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Does anyone know how many medical students will be accepted onto the A100 course in 2020? I’ve read only 20 but this seems very low ? Ie those who have just completed A levels rather than graduates. Thanks
Ianrlawrence
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Should we have received a receipt of our application yet? Is anyone else waiting ? Have had receipts for all the others.
2500_2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ianrlawrence)
Does anyone know how many medical students will be accepted onto the A100 course in 2020? I’ve read only 20 but this seems very low ? Ie those who have just completed A levels rather than graduates. Thanks
150 places according to this https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/news/gove...future-doctors
(I would assume this includes grads though)
Jegani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! For the 2020 entry, if you had received your A-level qualifications during 2014 or after and you meet their minimum A-level requirement, you can apply as a direct school leaver, and therefore just do the UCAT and they would not consider your degree. If your A-levels do not meet the requirements, or your A-level qualifications are over 5 years old, that's when you would have to do the GAMSAT, but they still will not consider your degree. I went to their open day and asked them about this as I am a graduate too.Hope that helped!
Mayomikun123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ianrlawrence)
Should we have received a receipt of our application yet? Is anyone else waiting ? Have had receipts for all the others
I haven't received an acknowledgement email yet either, even though I have for all my other ones. I called them up last Friday and they said that they received a lot of applications this year and are still trying to go through them all but that was like 5 days ago, so I'm not sure what's going on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads