ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Welcome to the University of Sheffield A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...ve_ug/applying

For entry requirements click: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine...g/entryrequire

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Dunsin23
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Would i be advised against applying here with a ucat of 680 band 2?
Dr. Doc Thor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Dunsin23)
Would i be advised against applying here with a ucat of 680 band 2?
Best to wait for mid-interim ucat scores in September and see if you are above 8th decile. Looking at the last few years you’re probably fine. Band 2 means you’ll lose a point at interview, but not too bad if you can smash the other stations
Dunsin23
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Dr. Doc Thor)
Best to wait for mid-interim ucat scores in September and see if you are above 8th decile. Looking at the last few years you’re probably fine. Band 2 means you’ll lose a point at interview, but not too bad if you can smash the other stations
thanks for the reply and hopefully i am because i wanted to apply to newcastle too
Hope2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello and sorry to bother you. On a completely different note, please can you direct me to the equivalent TSR link for A100 - 2020 entry for Sheffield? I am having difficulty finding one like this for 2020 entry.
divmoh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hope2020)
Hello and sorry to bother you. On a completely different note, please can you direct me to the equivalent TSR link for A100 - 2020 entry for Sheffield? I am having difficulty finding one like this for 2020 entry.
Hi Hope2020,

Found the following TSR link for Sheffield A100 2020 entry. Guess this is the one you are looking for.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022634
Hope2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by divmoh)
Hi Hope2020,

Found the following TSR link for Sheffield A100 2020 entry. Guess this is the one you are looking for.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6022634
Thank you!!
Uzair63
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey my stats r
AAA predictions
GCSES 2 A* 3 A 5 B
UCAT - 760 band 2
Would Sheffield be a good choice
Dunsin23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Uzair63)
Hey my stats r
AAA predictions
GCSES 2 A* 3 A 5 B
UCAT - 760 band 2
Would Sheffield be a good choice
duh
ZeeVee1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone with band 2 sjt got offer from Sheffield?
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZeeVee1)
Does anyone with band 2 sjt got offer from Sheffield?
I did :wavey:
ZeeVee1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L.D.S.)
I did :wavey:
Thanks.
I have got Avg.712 with band 2
Was thinking how much of a risk band 2 is post interview, obviously if I can get one.
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks.
Was thinking how much of a risk band 2 is post interview, obviously if I can get one.
Depends how they’re assessing applications in this cycle- last year they added the SJT as a virtual station in the MMI, with band 1 giving you full marks and the lower the band the lower the marks for that station.
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks.
Sheffield quite literally give you all the information you could ever ask for on their website (and last year sent out interview questions to those who were offered one) and how they use SJT is very clearly stated
Adithya2002
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi can I consider Sheffield a safe bet with 680 composite score and Band 1 in SJ? My academics is good enough
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Adithya2002)
Hi can I consider Sheffield a safe bet with 680 composite score and Band 1 in SJ? My academics is good enough
Look at where your score falls on the deciles when they come out. Sheffield say scores previously have been 70-75th centile, so if you are at or above this, you may well be OK. Nobody can say that anywhere is a safe bet" at this stage
Adithya2002
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Look at where your score falls on the deciles when they come out. Sheffield say scores previously have been 70-75th centile, so if you are at or above this, you may well be OK. Nobody can say that anywhere is a safe bet" at this stage
Thank you. Will wait for the stats - they said sept 16 it will be out
vrm99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got 2720 (avg 680) but sjt band 3. I have 8 GCSEs at 6 or above(88888876) is it worth applying? I really liked Sheffield. Predicted AAA.
Last edited by vrm99; 1 month ago
Laycity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vrm99)
I got 2720 (avg 680) but sjt band 3. I have 8 GCSEs at 6 or above(88888876) is it worth applying? I really liked Sheffield. Predicted AAA.
You should be above their cut off for interviews, wait until the deciles are out to be sure. Band 3 will lose you a few marks as the SJT is used as a virtual MMI station.
vrm99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks Laycity. Also considering Manchester. Liked Cardiff but not sure GCSEs good enough, and Bristol - not sure ucat high enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads