The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anand3761
Not a minimum of 3- I think it’s 2

Ah ok. I read in a post from TLC that one needs to score a minimum of satisfactory. Must have misread
Original post by msd1974
Ah ok. I read in a post from TLC that one needs to score a minimum of satisfactory. Must have misread

I’m just using logic. If u got all 5s and 1 2(Borderline), obviously you’ll still get the offer iygm
I’m just using logic. If u got all 5s and 1 2(Borderline), obviously you’ll still get the offer iygm

Best to check TLC’s post on this thread rather than going by logic. I understand his son sat this interview last year so must know how it works. Not sure if it was this thread or a different one
Original post by msd1974

On an FOI it was stated that for 2018 (or 2019 entry - I completely forgot) out of 45 (5 points max for 9 stations) a minimum of 29/45 was needed to score an offer.
Original post by alinoghli
On an FOI it was stated that for 2018 (or 2019 entry - I completely forgot) out of 45 (5 points max for 9 stations) a minimum of 29/45 was needed to score an offer.

Here it is - for 2018 it was 31/45 and average was 38

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/490370/response/1182770/attach/3/Mr%20Chester%2014%20June%202018.docx?cookie_passthrough=1
has anyone received anything yet .... by the looks of it ... i guess thats a no
Original post by shum1614
has anyone received anything yet .... by the looks of it ... i guess thats a no

I don't think so! All we can do is wait ... Least we're all in the same boat!
Yes
Not applying until next year but on their website it says RO students will get an offer of ABB but then it says RO students who are offering the EPQ can be predicted AAB with an A in EPQ. I’m wondering is this a mistake? It says
Where a SOAMS or RO applicant is taking an EPQ alongside A Levels but is predicted to attain less than an A grade in their EPQ, they will be required to have or be predicted ABB at A Level’
surely doing the EPQ shouldn’t mean you need a higher grade? It doesn’t make sense that the EPQ is essentially a disadvantage and if you miss your EPQ grade you will get a lower offer?
Reply 189
Original post by msd1974

Wasn't me, was @ben444 !
Original post by TCL
Wasn't me, was @ben444 !

Ah ok thanks! @ben444 could you clarify please
Reply 191
Original post by Unknown829919228
Not applying until next year but on their website it says RO students will get an offer of ABB but then it says RO students who are offering the EPQ can be predicted AAB with an A in EPQ. I’m wondering is this a mistake? It says
Where a SOAMS or RO applicant is taking an EPQ alongside A Levels but is predicted to attain less than an A grade in their EPQ, they will be required to have or be predicted ABB at A Level’
surely doing the EPQ shouldn’t mean you need a higher grade? It doesn’t make sense that the EPQ is essentially a disadvantage and if you miss your EPQ grade you will get a lower offer?

What you’ve quoted says that they want you to be predicted ABB not AAB, so it’s just saying that they want you to be predicted ABB either way for RO.
Original post by msd1974
Ah ok thanks! @ben444 could you clarify please

I got this information from an A101 email last year saying that each candidate must score at least satisfactory at each station for an offer. I just assumed it would be the same for A100.
Original post by RA:)
What you’ve quoted says that they want you to be predicted ABB not AAB, so it’s just saying that they want you to be predicted ABB either way for RO.

Ah ok it’s a little confusing because they say
Our standard offer for applicants from SOAMS and RO offering an EPQ taken alongside A Levels is AAB at A Level plus an A or A* grade EPQ‘.
Im not sure if I’m confusing myself or if that’s a mistake
Original post by ben444
I got this information from an A101 email last year saying that each candidate must score at least satisfactory at each station for an offer. I just assumed it would be the same for A100.

@TCL, did your son get this information in his Sheffield A100 email last year. If not, may just be for A101 which is more competitive
Reply 195
@TCL, did your son get this information in his Sheffield A100 email last year. If not, may just be for A101 which is more competitive

I don't remember anything like that, but he did not get an offer because of 1 station, so maybe it was.
Original post by TCL
I don't remember anything like that, but he did not get an offer because of 1 station, so maybe it was.

My son had an offer last year from Sheffield (he missed his grades :frown: and is reapplying here for 2020). There is nothing in the info he was sent last year to suggest that you had to score above a certain mark in each station, rather that it was your total score (including SJT - virtual 9th station). He was given the impression that Julian reviewed all the score sheets so maybe Julian had the discretion to remove any that he felt were not suitable. The invitation also implied that your conduct throughout the interview process would be assessed (eg your interaction with other candidates) too.
Here’s hoping something out from Sheffield tomorrow. Scanning last years thread, it seemed interviews were offered over several days as they were being processed. I wonder if this year Sheffield will notify everybody at same time this year as first interview date is 25th November which looming pretty close now. Does anybody know if you get a choice of dates or a specific one allocated?
Original post by Jaybeuk
My son had an offer last year from Sheffield (he missed his grades :frown: and is reapplying here for 2020). There is nothing in the info he was sent last year to suggest that you had to score above a certain mark in each station, rather that it was your total score (including SJT - virtual 9th station). He was given the impression that Julian reviewed all the score sheets so maybe Julian had the discretion to remove any that he felt were not suitable. The invitation also implied that your conduct throughout the interview process would be assessed (eg your interaction with other candidates) too.

I was rejected last year and my feedback email says that I was rejected because I did not score satisfactory in one station. I can't access the email anymore because it was in my University email which I have been locked out of because I graduated 😑
Original post by Polkadot2018
Here’s hoping something out from Sheffield tomorrow. Scanning last years thread, it seemed interviews were offered over several days as they were being processed. I wonder if this year Sheffield will notify everybody at same time this year as first interview date is 25th November which looming pretty close now. Does anybody know if you get a choice of dates or a specific one allocated?

Specific date and time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending