Medikj
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JLeiden)
Interview December 5. Does anyone have info on Group interview/task?
Would you mind sharing your UCAT score?
not_XIX_forever
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Interview
UCAT 2890 Band 2
JLeiden
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Interview 2950
SOFRanger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have any international applicants received interviews?
Last edited by SOFRanger; 2 months ago
samvk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any interview updates?
LukeDcaccia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It sounds like they have sent the highest UCAT interviews first. Everyone's score is quite high. I'm hoping for an interview! UCAT 2670 Band 1. Can anyone clarify if I am right in saying they will send another batch of interviews in December and then another in January? Thanks!
Medikj
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LukeDcaccia)
It sounds like they have sent the highest UCAT interviews first. Everyone's score is quite high. I'm hoping for an interview! UCAT 2670 Band 1. Can anyone clarify if I am right in saying they will send another batch of interviews in December and then another in January? Thanks!
I can’t seem to find the selection day dates for 2019-2020 but if they are going to do the same as last year, they will send more invitations for February interviews (according to 2018 selection day dates: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medici...day_dates.page) in January and February.

Also, I read the 2019 Southampton BM5 thread and they did send interviews in descending order of UCAT score last year
LukeDcaccia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Medikj)
I can’t seem to find the selection day dates for 2019-2020 but if they are going to do the same as last year, they will send more invitations for February interviews (according to 2018 selection day dates: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medici...day_dates.page) in January and February.

Also, I read the 2019 Southampton BM5 thread and they did send interviews in descending order of UCAT score last year
Ahh okay great stuff. Thanks for that!
leah0208
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
after sending an email confirming ur availability for the interview did anyone get a confirmation/acknowledgment email?
aaronadams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by leah0208)
after sending an email confirming ur availability for the interview did anyone get a confirmation/acknowledgment email?
Yeah I did, but the day after I confirmed, they 'updated the system' so if you are waiting still then it might be worth calling them up unless you have just confirmed. There was no automatic reply if that is what you are referring to, just an email from an admissions manager informing me.
leah0208
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by aaronadams)
Yeah I did, but the day after I confirmed, they 'updated the system' so if you are waiting still then it might be worth calling them up unless you have just confirmed. There was no automatic reply if that is what you are referring to, just an email from an admissions manager informing me.
so the admissions manager sent u an email confirming your phone number and such had been received?
aaronadams
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by leah0208)
so the admissions manager sent u an email confirming your phone number and such had been received?
Quite simply, the email just implied that they updated my attendance (i.e marked me down as expected to arrive). Nothing else It was from the Admissions Coordinator. I'll pm you the email I got if you are worried.
Secondtry
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I didn’t get the interview invite from Southampton so far. My UCAT is 2930 SJT 3. Do they rank applicats only on the basis of UCAT or use SJT too ?
samvk
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Secondtry)
I didn’t get the interview invite from Southampton so far. My UCAT is 2930 SJT 3. Do they rank applicats only on the basis of UCAT or use SJT too ?
They don’t use SJT. They rank applicants on the basis of UCAT score.
Last edited by samvk; 2 months ago
aaronadams
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Secondtry)
I got just below you in your score and I got interview (I got 2920 so congrats ), I was told Southampton doesn't use SJT for selection whatsoever so it is worth giving the admissions office a ring when you can for clarification. You should be clear for UCAT rankings if your predicted grades were up to scratch.
Secondtry
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have achieved A*AA and UCAT 2930 and no news from Southampton.
rachel181001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does anybody know when the next batch of interview offers come out????
denaturedenzyme
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rachel181001)
Does anybody know when the next batch of interview offers come out????
I’m assuming early January! Afraid we’ve got a long wait now
srikanth.d
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have applied to Southampton, beginning to fear I might be rejected, UCAT 2740.
oliro
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Southampton still has a lot of dates, that is a good score, most probably you will get an invite in Jan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads