The Student Room Group

Southampton A101 (BM4) 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 548
I can't remember where the number was pulled from, so I'd be hesitant to believe it. That said, maybe they're a lot of individuals second choice? I heard a rumour that during a previous cycle, previously denied interview applicants were offered a spot at Southampton during the summer period.

Yes, perhaps they take their previous acceptance rates into account. I know a few people who did have them as their second choice.

Really? One can only hope!
Has anyone received confirmation emails and is there any additional documents or information to be sent in?
Reply 22
Original post by Puzzled11
Has anyone received confirmation emails and is there any additional documents or information to be sent in?

Not yet and not that I'm aware of.
Original post by 548
Not yet and not that I'm aware of.

Thanks! Was wondering! :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Puzzled11
Thanks! Was wondering! :smile:

As an update, I have received a postcard this morning to confirm my application to Southampton.
Original post by 548
As an update, I have received a postcard this morning to confirm my application to Southampton.

That's great, thanks for the update! I'll have to go and check my post (I never do!).
I got a postcard as well
Reply 27
Hello Southampton applicants.

I hope that last years spreadsheet helped some of you grasp an idea of what entry requirement some universities wanted from the TSR sample.
Once you have your interview invite, feel free to add in your details that you're comfortable with to help those applying this year and those in the future.
If you make any mistakes, ctrl+z to remove them. If you need help, feel free to message me or try your best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=1939331786

Hope to see you guys some time between December and March. I wish that were more specific.
I don't have a particularly high UCAT score or exceptional stats... kind of regretting applying here and not A100 lol.
Reply 29
Has anyone been in contact with the uni to find out when they might start sending out interview invites?
Reply 30
I applied last year and wasn't offered an interview until 10th January :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by Ellios
I applied last year and wasn't offered an interview until 10th January :frown:

Oh wow - there may still be a while to wait then...!
Does anyone know when the interviews are held roughly?
Reply 33
Original post by gradmed98
Does anyone know when the interviews are held roughly?

Original post by blackagnes
Last year they were on 30th and 31st January.

2018 it was 7th and 8th Feb
2017 it was between 9th and 11th of Jan.
Documents from these years all have a blanket "Jan - March" date, which is a tad inconvenient. It's anyone's guess for those three months.

Keep an eye for the update to this to know when the dates are, unless the invites come first: https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page
Reply 34
Last year they were on 30th and 31st January.

When I rang up they said that some school leaver bm5 interviews had been sent out for early December but no graduate invites would be sent out until the new year. So long! But its helpful to know so we aren't just waiting anxiously next to our emails all December!
Reply 35
Just called up to ask when the interviews are this year for A101: 4th and 5th of February. Website will be updated soon.
Reply 36
Awesome, thank you so much for sharing!

My pleasure.
Hi, has anyone received the eligibility questionnaire yet?

I received an email stating ‘Our Admissions team is in the process of screening all applications and eligibility questionnaires have been sent to all those who have applied for the BM6 (A102) programme.’

Does this mean everyone has been sent their eligibility questionnaires by now?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Allycatter

I received an email stating ‘Our Admissions team is in the process of screening all applications and eligibility questionnaires have been sent to all those who have applied for the BM6 (A102) programme.’

Hello,

This is the A101 thread and this survey seems to be directed at just those who apply to the A102 program, thread found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022670

There is an active discussion in regards to the questionnaire there. I would assume that anyone who has applied to the A102 should have received the form.
Reply 39
Original post by Allycatter

BM6 is the wider participation course i.e. for students in some way disadvantaged or receiving extra help. I believe this questionnaire is to determine eligibility for the BM6 course specifically regarding these criteria, so if you've applied for BM4 I'm pretty sure we don't get a questionnaire :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending