MEA Medic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Wajidlatifi)
Do you guys think if you send in your form early you are able to get an invite to an interview before the 30th of November?
Nope, everyone will be given an equal consideration. The only dates BM6 will interview will be on 25th feb and 1/2th march. that's what I know so far
Waj-L
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Mohammad Eisa)
Nope, everyone will be given an equal consideration. The only dates BM6 will interview will be on 25th feb and 1/2th march. that's what I know so far
Ok, that's great. Thank you for replying.
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I am really struggling with the
‘Why is the bm6 programme right for you’
I have no idea what to right
Could anyone give me some advice please
felic22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by suf6799)
Hi I am really struggling with the
‘Why is the bm6 programme right for you’
I have no idea what to right
Could anyone give me some advice please
course structure, uni location and teaching style pretty much
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nu
(Original post by felic22)
course structure, uni location and teaching style pretty much
Ah right thank you
How are you getting on with the rest of the form
felic22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nu
Ah right thank you
How are you getting on with the rest of the form
havent touched the final question yet tbh, only bullet points for it
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by felic22)
havent touched the final question yet tbh, only bullet points for it
Is that the challenging situation one
I don’t know what to put for that either tbh
Idk why I’ve left it so late as some people from my school sent the form in weeks ago
felic22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is that the challenging situation one
I don’t know what to put for that either tbh
Idk why I’ve left it so late as some people from my school sent the form in weeks ago
I'm the only one in my school applying for it loool. makes no difference if it's in before the deadline. Just write about any situation that you struggled with at the time and how you got out of it. I think you can even use the opportunity to reflect on how the actions you took went well and how you could have improved. Why didn't your school friends help you out a little?
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Guyssss what is everyone putting for the difficult situation
Anon/0
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m stuck on q1, I’ve researched the course structure and learning style etc. , just don’t know how to phrase it or even start it at all😂
Goldiepop
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anon/0)
I’m stuck on q1, I’ve researched the course structure and learning style etc. , just don’t know how to phrase it or even start it at all😂
Omg same! And I can’t even get help from school because I’m on a gap year :/ I’ve been drafting for a while now and I’m just so unhappy with my writing... I hope it comes together and I get some real inspiration soon 😭
MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
All they want regarding this question is an understanding of the course structure and why it would suit you Have a look on Southampton’s website. They wouldn’t expect you to know more than that so don’t worry!
Goldiepop
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
All they want regarding this question is an understanding of the course structure and why it would suit you Have a look on Southampton’s website. They wouldn’t expect you to know more than that so don’t worry!
This helped kinda bring me down to earth. I don’t know why Im expecting them to expect something other than what they’ve asked...! Thanks for the reassurance bud
Seamuso’b
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey there, I was just wondering about the optional spanish module in year 3. Is their any requirements like having to study spanish A-level...
Waj-L
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Seamuso’b)
Hey there, I was just wondering about the optional spanish module in year 3. Is their any requirements like having to study spanish A-level...
They would have stated that on their website. So presumably I don't think you need A-level Spanish.
MedicalMuffins
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Seamuso’b)
For medics there are two major ways to learn a language at uni (At Southampton)

-The uni offers free language courses you can do in your own time (with other uni students from different courses)

-In year 3, you pick Student selected units (SSU). In languages, there are beginner courses (no prior requirements) and advancements (GCSE requirement). You can do other modules too.

Anything else let me know!
MedicalMuffins
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Goldiepop)
This helped kinda bring me down to earth. I don’t know why Im expecting them to expect something other than what they’ve asked...! Thanks for the reassurance bud
No worries! Just make it specific to you e.g. I liked the fact the Year zero required you to complete presentations because I really wanted to develop my confidence during that year in a small group setting completing the rest of the degree, in the future.

And it wasn’t a lie. The year definitely helped me in presentations in subsequent years, including my masters that I’m completing
Goldiepop
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No worries! Just make it specific to you e.g. I liked the fact the Year zero required you to complete presentations because I really wanted to develop my confidence during that year in a small group setting completing the rest of the degree, in the future.

And it wasn’t a lie. The year definitely helped me in presentations in subsequent years, including my masters that I’m completing
That’s awesome! What are you doing your masters in & how are you liking it ?
suf6799
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Hey @medicalmuffins do you have an email i could contact you on as i have a few questions and you seem to know what you're on about as i don't use tsr that often
Waj-L
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This course is so competitive. 500/600 applications for 32 places :eek:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads