MedicalMuffins
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by suf6799)
Hey @medicalmuffins do you have an email i could contact you on as i have a few questions and you seem to know what you're on about as i don't use tsr that often
Yeah sure just DM me and I’ll send you my email address
Advertisement
MedicalMuffins
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Wajidlatifi)
This course is so competitive. 500/600 applications for 32 places :eek:
Don’t worry too much about the numbers

I know they are intimidating but the flip side is, someone has to get an interview, why not you?

I wouldn’t regard myself as anything special but I’m here and medicine is a degree just like any other. There are really good points about it and I wouldn’t do anything else aside from it, but I’ve seen you’re not expected to be perfect just show you’d be a competent med student/ doctor.
gullyyt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
No worries! Just make it specific to you e.g. I liked the fact the Year zero required you to complete presentations because I really wanted to develop my confidence during that year in a small group setting completing the rest of the degree, in the future.

And it wasn’t a lie. The year definitely helped me in presentations in subsequent years, including my masters that I’m completing
What sort of presentations did you give?
Advertisement
nabiha.sm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any idea when they start giving out interviews?
cherry1011
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nabiha.sm)
Any idea when they start giving out interviews?
Probably towards the end of the month but due to christmas/ New Years realistically in January!
Advertisement
MEA Medic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by cherry1011)
Probably towards the end of the month but due to christmas/ New Years realistically in January!
The interviews will not be sent until mid-febuary. I am reapplying for BM6 and last year they sent two batches of the interview which were on 14th Feb 2019 and 21st Feb 2019.
Hanahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did anyone receive a confirmation email to say that that your eligibility forms were received. When I applied last year I remember getting one 2 weeks after the submission deadline but I still haven’t received anything.
just checked my spam and found an automated email saying that the file didn’t send because it was too big so slightly worried
Advertisement
cherry1011
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hanahh)
Did anyone receive a confirmation email to say that that your eligibility forms were received. When I applied last year I remember getting one 2 weeks after the submission deadline but I still haven’t received anything.
just checked my spam and found an automated email saying that the file didn’t send because it was too big so slightly worried
Just phone them up
MEA Medic
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hanahh)
I received 1 confirmation email when I sent my eligibility criteria form. I also received 1 email one day before the deadline as a reminder to send all documents etc. I didn’t receive any email after the deadline.

I think you should call BM6 ad confirm whether they received your eligibility criteria or not.
Advertisement
Waj-L
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got an email stating that they have received my forms. It also states they will not be chasing around people for forms. Best you call them.
HidayahAfzal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This stat of 19 candidates for 1 seat is that pre interview or post interview ?
Advertisement
Reversed Flash
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by HidayahAfzal)
This stat of 19 candidates for 1 seat is that pre interview or post interview ?
Pre interview
FutureMedic77
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What are the selection days like ?
Advertisement
MedicalMuffins
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FutureMedic77)
What are the selection days like ?
The selection days are composed of a panel interview (usually drs, academics and medical students) and a group interview (with other applicants)

There’s nothing jazzy so just prepare using free online resources and you’ll be absolutely fine. You just need to show you are able to tick the non academic criteria soton care about
HidayahAfzal
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MedicalMuffins)
The selection days are composed of a panel interview (usually drs, academics and medical students) and a group interview (with other applicants)

There’s nothing jazzy so just prepare using free online resources and you’ll be absolutely fine. You just need to show you are able to tick the non academic criteria soton care about
For the panel interview, is it two people or more than two people interviewing you?
AM2408
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone received any interviews yet?
MEA Medic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AM2408)
Anyone received any interviews yet?
they will be sent after mid February
Advertisement
MedicalMuffins
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the panel interview, is it two people or more than two people interviewing you?
Just two selectors
HidayahAfzal
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where else has everyone applied to?
Hanahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where else has everyone applied to?
I’ve applied to
Bristol -interview
Kings -interview
Hull York -interview
Southampton -waiting
Queen Mary - biomed -offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads