GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ariaa_01)
My friend wants to apply for medicine as a post grad at SGUL and wants to know if she can do the UCAT
Not this year, she can't, unless she has already registerd,
And are you talking standard entry or GEM? GEM at SGUL needs GAMSAT not UCAT
Has she thought of looking at their website?
student0299
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by wyann)
when are normally the sgul interviews?
They say they send out interviews from November until March
student0299
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Ariaa_01)
My friend wants to apply for medicine as a post grad at SGUL and wants to know if she can do the UCAT
Is for the graduate entry or undergrad programme? If she’s applying now she won’t be able to take the ucat but if sgul do go into clearing she can take it in July next year and apply for undergraduate clearing with her score
helooo45356
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
even during the interview....
Anna191817
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I’m interested in studying at sgul but worried that I won’t make the ucat cut off.
-12A* gcse
-A*A*A* predictions
-633 ucat (*breathing intensifies) band 1
Is this a possible ‘safe’ choice for me or a bit of a risk? I can’t decide- liverpool or sgul :/ Any advice would be much appreciated
MedApplicant02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anna191817)
Hi! I’m interested in studying at sgul but worried that I won’t make the ucat cut off.
-12A* gcse
-A*A*A* predictions
-633 ucat (*breathing intensifies) band 1
Is this a possible ‘safe’ choice for me or a bit of a risk? I can’t decide- liverpool or sgul :/ Any advice would be much appreciated
With those GCSEs definitely Liverpool. I think your UCAT is fine for them too since they said a competitive score was around 2460 or something
Lamerz30
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am starting the medicine course at St Georges in September 2020. (Deferred entry). I am looking for people who wish to live in non-university accommodation. I would only like to live with female, mature graduate students who are relatively quiet and do not party as I have already done an undergraduate degree and wish to study in a quiet, calm environment. If you're interested, send me a message directly.
THEallstar2111
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Im sorry but I don't understand how you guys are having interviews two months ago? This forum is about the normal medicine entry right?
for sgul?
student0299
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by THEallstar2111)
Im sorry but I don't understand how you guys are having interviews two months ago? This forum is about the normal medicine entry right?
for sgul?
Yeah it is and I think they were clearing applicants who have deferred entry places
darkmagician10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
for sgul?
sgul had interviews in clearing for med in July/August
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by margo.w)
hi I am an IB student planning to apply for medicine for 2020 entry. I have 3A*/7A IGCSE
42 IB predicted
UCAT 2510 (average 627.5) :/
I have seen conflicting statistics about the requirements for SGUL and wasn't sure if I had a chance or if it was too risky based on my academics/UCAT. I was also considering Plymouth as I heard it was slightly less competitive so may be more appropriate with my average UCAT. score.
Thx!
Have you checked the website? As minimum requirements and past cut offs are on there.
Not sure what you are classing as "less competitive" but SGUL had 7 applicants per place last year and Plymouth 9, but Plymouth have already published their UCAT score cut off, so you would at least know you will get an interview, even if they cut a higher percentage of people at this point
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by student0299)
Yeah it is and I think they were clearing applicants who have deferred entry places
Ohh alright, I was really confused . Thanks
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by darkmagician10)
sgul had interviews in clearing for med in July/August
oh alright, didn't know that lol.
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys, I achieved ABB, a ukcat of 630 and my school is on the list for widening participation list for sgul. Im thinking to apply to this course , as I don't have many other options left. My other options are Kings EDMP, Nottingham ( Medicine with foundation) and Nottingham(Lincolnshire medicine with foundation).
My GCSE's are 5 A*s, 1B and rest are As.
Do you guys think its worth applying here?, as so far i've only found Bristol as my other option (which has a very high ukcat cut off)

Also can you give me advice if you know any other courses that I might be able to apply to?

Thank you so much
student0299
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys, I achieved ABB, a ukcat of 630 and my school is on the list for widening participation list for sgul. Im thinking to apply to this course , as I don't have many other options left. My other options are Kings EDMP, Nottingham ( Medicine with foundation) and Nottingham(Lincolnshire medicine with foundation).
My GCSE's are 5 A*s, 1B and rest are As.
Do you guys think its worth applying here?, as so far i've only found Bristol as my other option (which has a very high ukcat cut off)

Also can you give me advice if you know any other courses that I might be able to apply to?

Thank you so much
I know they don’t accept resits if you’re not WP. Do they accept resits from widening participation applicants?
student0299
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Ohh alright, I was really confused . Thanks
Have you sent off your application yet? And if so did you receive a confirmation email from sgul yet saying they have received your application?
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I know they don’t accept resits if you’re not WP. Do they accept resits from widening participation applicants?
No no im not resitting. It says on their website if ur wp from one of the schools in their list, they can lower the offer to a ABB.
THEallstar2111
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you sent off your application yet? And if so did you receive a confirmation email from sgul yet saying they have received your application?
No i havent sent my application yet, im going to have to do it on monday as my teachers said they are doing my reference over the weekend.
D_P_R
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey,

So I applied for med at St Georges last year, and I got an offer but missed my grades. I am retaking this year, on St Georges website it states that they do not consider resits; however, they have done so in the past years. Should I take my chances and apply? I am also eligible for their lowered offer of ABB.
My predictions for this year are A*A*A and I got a UCAT score of 632.5 B3 which isnt exactly great.
Last edited by D_P_R; 4 months ago
MedApplicant02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by D_P_R)
Hey,

So I applied for med at St Georges last year, and I got an offer but missed my grades. I am retaking this year, on St Georges website it states that they do not consider resits; however, they have done so in the past years. Should I take my chances and apply? I am also eligible for their lowered offer of ABB.
My predictions for this year are A*A*A and I got a UCAT score of 632.5 B3 which isnt exactly great.
You can call them up and ask and if they say no then definitely don’t risk it.

Just out of curiosity how hard is the interview? You must’ve done well since you got an offer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads