The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krups2001
Got rejected

Good luck to your other applications.
Just got rejected
My son received an offer too! It's his first choice out of the ones he has offers for so he is very happy. Much luck to those still waiting and for those who didn't get an offer, I truly hope that your dreams come true and you get to study medicine elsewhere. x
Just got an offer! International student. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Does anyone know what we wear to the offer days?
Original post by DanielStudnas
Does anyone know what we wear to the offer days?

It’s casual, people were just in jeans and stuff
Has anyone contacted SGUL to find out if there’s plans for any more offer holder days? I really wanted to go to one but they haven’t mentioned it :frown:
Original post by Sansaaa
Has anyone contacted SGUL to find out if there’s plans for any more offer holder days? I really wanted to go to one but they haven’t mentioned it :frown:

I called them a few weeks ago and they said they don’t have anymore planned offer holder days as of now.
I got a rejection on Friday 30

For the last few days I was in shock ( of rejections) but things happen for a reason. I believe this will be good for me in the long run and ALMIGHTY will do what ever is better for me.

St George's University was my first choice, unfortunately I cant apply this year in clearing

I will try to focus more on the achieved grades and will see what happens at the result day.

Heartiest Congratulations to all who have received offers.

I know how daunting is the wait.

Best of luck to the all who are waiting to hear on Friday 07, 2020
Got rejected a few weeks ago but just got a med offer from Plymouth so cant complain :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by helpintransfer
I got a rejection on Friday 30

For the last few days I was in shock ( of rejections) but things happen for a reason. I believe this will be good for me in the long run and ALMIGHTY will do what ever is better for me.

St George's University was my first choice, unfortunately I cant apply this year in clearing

I will try to focus more on the achieved grades and will see what happens at the result day.

Heartiest Congratulations to all who have received offers.

I know how daunting is the wait.

Best of luck to the all who are waiting to hear on Friday 07, 2020

I'm so sorry to hear this - you have been soooo supportive of other students on this thread, thank you for that. Have you had any offers elsewhere? Good for you for taking this positively and focusing on your grades - I am praying that you will achieve your dreams and you'll get your place in Med School.
Original post by Mintcar
I'm so sorry to hear this - you have been soooo supportive of other students on this thread, thank you for that. Have you had any offers elsewhere? Good for you for taking this positively and focusing on your grades - I am praying that you will achieve your dreams and you'll get your place in Med School.

Unfortunately No.

I have got three options now.

1) I will try my luck in clearing now.
2) SGUL Biomedicine
3) GAP Year
Unfortunately No.

2) SGUL Biomedicine
3) GAP Year

It’s absolutely great to see that you move started think it about the next steps! You know I was rejected by sgul last year but decided to reapply again this year after taking a gap year. Everything happens for a reason and I honestly wish you the best of luck in whichever option you decide to go with
Unfortunately No.

2) SGUL Biomedicine
3) GAP Year

All the best to you. I was mentally prepared to take a gap year in the situation that I didn't get any place. Thought i will look for some work experience that will require plenty of dealings with people; it will be a great way to brush up my people skill which would definitely help with my interview. Take care.
Unfortunately No.

2) SGUL Biomedicine
3) GAP Year

Ok, so - a lot of people don't achieve their grades, so you could be in a very strong position for that. Biomedicine - is that something that interests you? GAP year - again another valid option that a lot of people gain strength from. Crossing fingers for you all round.
hey guys, I am having a bit of a tough decision to make. I have got an offer from st georges which is AAA and one from lincoln which is AAB if i firm them. if i dont firm st georges then the requirements will be A*AA which would be impossible for me to get and i am currently struggling with getting 3 As in my a level subjects. i really want to go to st georges but i don't know if i should play it safe and firm lincoln instead. personally i really don't like lincoln as it is not lively at all and was my least favorite anyway as i dont wanna study at a uni for 5 years which i don't like but yet again i am struggling to get the grades. I am really stuck as of what to do so any advice will be helpful
Any news?
Reply 1797
Original post by blopit12345
hey guys, I am having a bit of a tough decision to make. I have got an offer from st georges which is AAA and one from lincoln which is AAB if i firm them. if i dont firm st georges then the requirements will be A*AA which would be impossible for me to get and i am currently struggling with getting 3 As in my a level subjects. i really want to go to st georges but i don't know if i should play it safe and firm lincoln instead. personally i really don't like lincoln as it is not lively at all and was my least favorite anyway as i dont wanna study at a uni for 5 years which i don't like but yet again i am struggling to get the grades. I am really stuck as of what to do so any advice will be helpful

well if you do end up with AAB and firmed St George, you cannot get into medical school. Plus, it would be really difficult to reapply unless you take a gap year and resit. I mean its completely your choice whether studying medicine is a bigger deal for you rather than the uni. Plus you might end up liking Lincoln. With AAB you have less pressure going into the exams. Good luck :smile:
Original post by blopit12345

I know doing A levels is really scary but I think you need to believe in yourself. Seeing as you really do like St George’s, personally if I were you I would firm them as my first choice. Because if say you firmed Lincoln and got AAA you may regret not firming Sgul in the first place which is your favourite anyway
Also your motivation to get those grades is that you want to study medicine at St George’s so it would really encourage you to do well. Which is why I know it’s a challenging time but at the end of the day your teachers also predicted you with high grades and if they also think you can do it and achieve those grades, you probably can
Hey guys,
I received my offer two Fridays ago but my UCAS track was only updated last Friday. So if anyone is wondering why there is no news on UCAS i guess St George is just taking its time!

Latest

Trending

Trending