medic.1621
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
no, they look at everything holistically even if ur BMAT is not that strong your GCSE's are excellent! I have a friend who got the same bmat as you and has a lower GCSE profile and still got in.
Thank you so much that has made me feel a bit better!!
Olang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello,
I’ve applied for UCL and i’m desperate to go
My profile:
Predicted A Levels - A* A A
GCSEs - 6 A*s 3A, 1B and one 7
PS - decent I think
EPQ - yes
Volunteering - one to twice a week at a care home (nursing, residential and dementia departments), guide dog centre once a week, tutoring/helping children from ages 7-12 once a week.
Work Exp - week at a hospital, week at a pharmacy
Extra co - up to grade 8 piano, doing grade 8 harp, used to play for wales in badminton, toured france with a harp ensemble, etc.
BMAT - yet to sit

do i have a chance at interviews??
Elissamoor123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Olang)
Hello,
I’ve applied for UCL and i’m desperate to go
My profile:
Predicted A Levels - A* A A
GCSEs - 6 A*s 3A, 1B and one 7
PS - decent I think
EPQ - yes
Volunteering - one to twice a week at a care home (nursing, residential and dementia departments), guide dog centre once a week, tutoring/helping children from ages 7-12 once a week.
Work Exp - week at a hospital, week at a pharmacy
Extra co - up to grade 8 piano, doing grade 8 harp, used to play for wales in badminton, toured france with a harp ensemble, etc.
BMAT - yet to sit

do i have a chance at interviews??
all depends on your bmat
Student+
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey guys will UCL use the essay in interview this year. Because I’m their website it says they won’t for the 2020 cycle but I don’t know if that’s this year or next year
slimthicc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Student+)
Hey guys will UCL use the essay in interview this year. Because I’m their website it says they won’t for the 2020 cycle but I don’t know if that’s this year or next year
they won’t use it, i asked at an open day
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by slimthicc)
Ahh ok thanks. Can’t tell if that’s a good thing or not tbh😂
SxTagal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by slimthicc)
why aren't they using it anymore?
PC0810
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Completed bombed the BMAT last Wednesday. I literally will have no chance at getting into UCL.
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Niki110502)
Completed bombed the BMAT last Wednesday. I literally will have no chance at getting into UCL.
Don’t worry mate. You aren’t the only one
Olang
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has anyone got an interview yet??
SxTagal
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Olang)
Has anyone got an interview yet??
BMAT results go out on 22 November so no interviews will be given out until then
SenorToucan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What the hell? I did not know this! If not the BMAT essay, what are they going to ask for the bulk of the interview!! Personal statement??
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by SenorToucan)
What the hell? I did not know this! If not the BMAT essay, what are they going to ask for the bulk of the interview!! Personal statement??
Well I mean most unis don’t use the BMAT essay. I guess it’ll just be role playing personal statement etc
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey guys is UCL a panel interview or MMI?
ASOC01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Panel interview I am fairly certain
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anthony Siu)
I thought so too. But so many unis have changed this year that’s I’m quite uncertain and can’t find anything online. Imperial used to be panel but now do MMIs apparently. I wondered if something like that happened to UCL.
Jtohunt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
UCL (Traditional Interview) The interview season begins in December and runs through March. Invitations to interview are issued on a rolling basis throughout the season, with candidates normally being given two weeks notice. UK school-leavers are normally interviewed in February and March.

Invites to attend an interview are issued on a rolling basis throughout the season (with at least two weeks notice).
Jtohunt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anthony Siu)
Here's a link to all the Medical schools in the UK and the type of Interviews they undertake.

https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...fers-come-out/

And yes ICL have changed their Interview style to MMI. See link for more deails.

https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/i...questions.html

Not sure if UCL have forgone the BMAT Essay inclusion in the interview. Cannot find any literature in relation to that, but a similar link below does not show this. Not sure when link was updated, but the ICL link has been updated, so believe UCL link must have been also.

https://www.blackstonetutors.co.uk/u...questions.html

Hope this helps, good luck. Hope your BMAT went well.
s12er
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I was wondering if the medic portal is good for preparing for medical interviews, if not what would you recommend.
Jtohunt
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
I was wondering if the medic portal is good for preparing for medical interviews, if not what would you recommend.
I would definately recommend doing a medical interview course, as they are an invaluable source. Which one to undertake I could not say as I never did a course, except in school, where our Med Soc ran a couple of Mock interviews for practice. Both Traditional and MMI interviews. Medic Portal has a good reputation, so I imagine their medical interview prep courses would be good. Interview preps I would say is a must, going into an interview not having done any practice interviews will put you at a disadvantage. Medical interviews are unique, espeially MMI interviews. Familiarising yourself with them, can only be a good thing.
Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (420)
67.42%
No (203)
32.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed