PC0810
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone else have this feeling of getting rejected by UCL after how their BMAT went???
Student+
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Niki110502)
Anyone else have this feeling of getting rejected by UCL after how their BMAT went???
Yeah but can’t really do anything about it now. Just have to wait and see. Focus on your Alevels and try to get Bmat and ucas off your mind which I know is easier said than done
s12er
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yep. It’s messing with my head, but it probably best if you don’t think about it as much.
thepsychoscorpio
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
my section 2 went HORRIBLY. im expecting the worst but what can we do now
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thepsychoscorpio)
my section 2 went HORRIBLY. im expecting the worst but what can we do now
Don’t worry too much about it. I’m pretty sure the whole cohort did bad in section 2. I certainly guessed like 5 questions
thepsychoscorpio
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
naaa your'e defo right, i think most people at my school ended up guessing a fair bit. im just hoping the thresholds are more forgiving this year!
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by thepsychoscorpio)
naaa your'e defo right, i think most people at my school ended up guessing a fair bit. im just hoping the thresholds are more forgiving this year!
They have to be otherwise no one’s getting in anywhere😂
medic.1621
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did the August BMAT and ended up getting 4.9 5.1 and 2.5A. In past papers, I always managed a scored of 5.7+ in both sections so getting this score was a bit of a bummer. However, you can see that the BMAT has gotten much much harder over the years and the averages have dropped by a large amount. UCL release the averages for the cohort soon after the BMAT results come out and you will be able to see that the average doesn't seem to be too high. I am hoping my poor section 3 score doesn't ruin my chances at UCL.
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by medic.1621)
I did the August BMAT and ended up getting 4.9 5.1 and 2.5A. In past papers, I always managed a scored of 5.7+ in both sections so getting this score was a bit of a bummer. However, you can see that the BMAT has gotten much much harder over the years and the averages have dropped by a large amount. UCL release the averages for the cohort soon after the BMAT results come out and you will be able to see that the average doesn't seem to be too high. I am hoping my poor section 3 score doesn't ruin my chances at UCL.
Do you know what the average is for 2019 or will it be released after November 22?
Also don’t worry too much about your score. It seems like the average for UCL offer holders. You should get an interview atleast
medic.1621
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Student+)
Do you know what the average is for 2019 or will it be released after November 22?
Also don’t worry too much about your score. It seems like the average for UCL offer holders. You should get an interview atleast
I think it should be released on November 22nd. And hopefully it's okay cus I really want an interview.
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does UCL post scores of previous successful candidates?
Fezza101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
Only the cohort average I think.
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
If you look at FOIs there is information on individual offer holders for particular cohorts
Ayatalkinabeet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, I sat the 2018 BMAT and was offered a place at UCL which I deferred so I will be starting in 2020, any questions please feel free to ask
s12er
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ayatalkinabeet)
Hey, I sat the 2018 BMAT and was offered a place at UCL which I deferred so I will be starting in 2020, any questions please feel free to ask
Do you mind sharing your BMAT score, A levels and GCSEs
Ayatalkinabeet
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by s12er)
Do you mind sharing your BMAT score, A levels and GCSEs
Yes of course, GCSE: 6A*s 5As, A-Level A*A*A, BMAT 5.2,5.1,3.5A so decent but nothing super spectacular (I had to actually sit my BMAT whilst abroad volunteering in Nairobi hahaha)
puravi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! How were your interviews like?
Ayatalkinabeet
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by puravi)
Hi! How were your interviews like?
Hi! My interview went well (I thought), panel of three interviewing, mainly questions about your personal statement, surrounding your interest in medicine and science, and your essay, so be prepared if you do go to interview to defend your position in your essay. The sort of questions asked were as if imagined and fairly typical from what I could gather from other candidates and the website
Student+
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! My interview went well (I thought), panel of three interviewing, mainly questions about your personal statement, surrounding your interest in medicine and science, and your essay, so be prepared if you do go to interview to defend your position in your essay. The sort of questions asked were as if imagined and fairly typical from what I could gather from other candidates and the website
Hi how long was the interview?
Ayatalkinabeet
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Student+)
Hi how long was the interview?
Lasted about 20-30 mins to the best of my recollection
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads