savagebeauty02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Got an interview place for Uclan, got the email on November 21st.
I am an international student studying in the US and I have booked a date on January 11th in Dubai (as I am an international student).
rose_11
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by savagebeauty02)
I am an international student studying in the US and I have booked a date on January 11th in Dubai (as I am an international student).
Hi
Congratulations for the offer.
I've applied at UCLAN too, didn't get an offer yet.
Would you mind me asking in which month you applied and you did that through UCAS or UCLAN online application?
Thanks
hunchoM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m sure there’s only 17 places for UK students according to the guy at UCLan
HarryPetes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm assuming it's the incoming applications, for most of the other non-medicine courses. but then again, why would they give less priority to medicine applications - especially since we applied earlier.
savagebeauty02
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rose_11)
Hi
Congratulations for the offer.
I've applied at UCLAN too, didn't get an offer yet.
Would you mind me asking in which month you applied and you did that through UCAS or UCLAN online application?
Thanks
Hi sure! I applied 4 hours before the deadline (so October 15 around like 8:00 am UK time), and I applied through UCAS. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask
rose_11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi sure! I applied 4 hours before the deadline (so October 15 around like 8:00 am UK time), and I applied through UCAS. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask
Hi
Thanks for the reply!
I applied through their online application
Still waiting for a reply from their end
hunchoM
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HarryPetes)
I'm assuming it's the incoming applications, for most of the other non-medicine courses. but then again, why would they give less priority to medicine applications - especially since we applied earlier.
I think they’re giving priority to International Students because there’s more places for International than local
Jivitesh 1234
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I called UCLan medicine admissions team this morning and they said they’ll be giving out invites to local applicants at the start of January
rose_11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jivitesh 1234)
I called UCLan medicine admissions team this morning and they said they’ll be giving out invites to local applicants at the start of January
Hey,

Is it ppssible if you could call them up n ask when they'll give invites to international students, like how long is the entire process if we have applued through their online application.

I request ypu to please please help me out. I'm really getting very desperate. I've applied on 5th November

Thanks
Usapp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congratulations, why did you choose Dubai
savagebeauty02
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Usapp)
Congratulations, why did you choose Dubai
It's just easier for me to travel and attend the interview there haha
HarryPetes
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
have a cheeky holiday while ur at it🤣
savagebeauty02
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
have a cheeky holiday while ur at it🤣
that's the plan 🤪
jmyerstpm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I did not apply for medicine at UCLan, i applied for astrophysics. But I can tell you that I have also been told more than once they are currently focusing on an "unprecedented number" of January 2020 applications. I'm a mature international applicant from the US, patiently waiting to hear from them and hoping i'll be accepted.

There are plenty of universities out there but I'm really hoping for UCLan since it's the right price, right size, right programme, and i've toured it twice.

Good luck everyone.
beuelle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone! I’m an international applicant from Ontario, Canada. I was invited for interview on Nov 19th but haven’t submitted my TSS yet. They also never emailed me to complete it. My interview is in January in Dubai. Do I still need to submit it?
Maxi101
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey guys got an interview in february as an international student
HarryPetes
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any home students heard anything?
hunchoM
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any home students heard anything?
Nope :/
n.266
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by beuelle)
Hi everyone! I’m an international applicant from Ontario, Canada. I was invited for interview on Nov 19th but haven’t submitted my TSS yet. They also never emailed me to complete it. My interview is in January in Dubai. Do I still need to submit it?
I'm going through the same thing. Any updates?
JW2019
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by beuelle)
The TSS is important to UCLan, I would finish it ASAP if I were you .... I know someone who was interviewed last year and the content of his TSS was brought up during interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (423)
67.46%
No (204)
32.54%

Watched Threads