The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hope for the best
Think I should call up ??
i tried calling but no answer, if you can try that'll be awesome.
Original post by anna1298347655
Think I should call up

if you want, but was told either by late afternoon today or early morning tomorrow.
I called and she legit said ‘we will get back to people before the deadline’ and I said so tomorrow ? And she said ‘oh yeah tomorrow’s the 20th, yeah we’ll get back to you before then’
Reply 785
Guys, are we allowed to choose firm and insurance tmrw? Or is today the actual deadline
Original post by Hanaf
Guys, are we allowed to choose firm and insurance tmrw? Or is today the actual deadline

i think as soon as it reaches 21st of May it will be automatically be cancelled. This is what I gather, is this correct?
We need a proper answer it's either today or tomorrow
I don’t think any firms can be made until UCAS has all your university decisions, Maybe speak to UCAS?
This is nerve racking..
This is what I have had back from ucas

Thanks for your message.

If the last university you are waiting for does not get back to her by 20 May then the choice will be 'Rejected by default' because the university won't have made their deadline.

Once the choice has been 'Rejected by default' then a 'reply by deadline' will appear on Track and you will be able to reply to your offers.

Aled🙂

Sounds like that is what is going to happen?
Original post by Hanaf

I was under the impression that tomorrow is just the deadline for universities to reply, then we have another deadline, I think June 18th, to firm and insure (I think)
My UCAS says that the universities have until 13th of July to reply ...
Hi everyone, :hello:

I have been seeing a lot of worries and waiting to know if you have got places or not at UCLan. Although I can not hurry the process along for you, I would like to reassure you all that our admissions team are very busy at the moment and are getting through emails and quickly as possible so thank you so much for your patients.
Thank you for your understanding during what are unprecedented times for us all.

Updated Info:
As per the UCAS deadline dates, if applications were submitted by 15 January for Sept 2020 intakes, you will hear back from UCLan before or by 20 May. If you still have concerns or have not received a decision by 21 May, please contact us through social media or by using the admissions email address details which can be found here: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/contact_us/

I hope this helps.

Catherine
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by claraalmeidab1
My UCAS says that the universities have until 13th of July to reply ...

Your UCAS only says that because you applied after 15 January. For all on time applications, universities must either offer a place or reject the applicant by tomorrow, 20 May, otherwise UCAS will mark the application rejected by default.

Applicants who have received all their responses by 4 June have until 18 June to make their Firm and Insurance choices.

Exceptionally, those who hear from all their universities after 4 June but by 13 July have until 20 July to make their Firm and Insurance choices.
Just got rejected
Original post by Jivitesh 1234
Just got rejected

are you a home student?
Original post by 学生の父
Your UCAS only says that because you applied after 15 January. For all on time applications, universities must either offer a place or reject the applicant by tomorrow, 20 May, otherwise UCAS will mark the application rejected by default.

Applicants who have received all their responses by 4 June have until 18 June to make their Firm and Insurance choices.

Exceptionally, those who hear from all their universities after 4 June but by 13 July have until 20 July to make their Firm and Insurance choices.

Ahh... i did apply for medicine before October 14th but i did add two options after January. that makes sense. thanks.
Original post by claraalmeidab1
are you a home student?

sorry to hear that, make use out of this year and strengthen your skills and apply again.
Original post by Jivitesh 1234
Just got rejected

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you get in next year! Are you international?

Latest

Trending

Trending