Thatgirl44
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
My interview is on the 24th Feb, I have already had 2 interviews and used fc and the MMI book
Hey what do you mean by fc? And when you used the book how did you use it?
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry flash cards and the ISC interview book I used the practice questions
Thatgirl44
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Sorry flash cards and the ISC interview book I used the practice questions
Ohh did you already have your interview at Uea? Did you find that the interviewers were scary or kind? And how much prep would you say is necessary?
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I have had two other interviews but my UEA interview is at the end of Feb
bigfish11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in a dilemma.

I applied to UEA A100 as a graduate. With exception of the situational judgement test, my UKCAT went badly so I was not expecting much success. I was promptly rejected from Newcastle for their funded GEM.

Well I've been offered an interview with UEA. Now that I'm looking into it more, the financial implications are quite large as it looks like I will have to self-fund tuition fees (except for the final year). So I am looking at £36k. Has anyone been in this situation before? Are there places which are willing to loan such amounts? I can self-fund about half of the total amount.

What is the latest date that UEA interviews? I am tempted to see if I can put my interview back whilst I think about this.
Last edited by bigfish11; 1 month ago
bigfish11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can I also ask about the interview format, if appropriate.

I have read that we rotate around different interview stations. Are these one on one interviews or is it some kind of group role play?

Thanks
Thatgirl44
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bigfish11)
I'm in a dilemma.

I applied to UEA A100 as a graduate. With exception of the situational judgement test, my UKCAT went badly so I was not expecting much success. I was promptly rejected from Newcastle for their funded GEM.

Well I've been offered an interview with UEA. Now that I'm looking into it more, the financial implications are quite large as it looks like I will have to self-fund tuition fees (except for the final year). So I am looking at £36k. Has anyone been in this situation before? Are there places which are willing to loan such amounts? I can self-fund about half of the total amount.

What is the latest date that UEA interviews? I am tempted to see if I can put my interview back whilst I think about this.
I’m not sure about the loans, but I was under the presumption that you have to self-fund yoir first year, and then the NHS will find the next 4 years.
Also, they are interviewing until the end of February. When is your interview date?
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thatgirl44)
I’m not sure about the loans, but I was under the presumption that you have to self-fund yoir first year, and then the NHS will find the next 4 years.
Also, they are interviewing until the end of February. When is your interview date?
No, for standard undergraduate medicine as a second degree, you have to fund your own tuition fees. For all med students, the final year is paid via an NHS bursary.
For graduate entry medicine, which is a totally different thing, you fund £3500 of the first year and the NHS funds the next 3 years
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know when offers are given out?
atomsyed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bigfish11)
I'm in a dilemma.

I'd recommend to just do it, if you change your mind later no bodge, but at least you had the choice.
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are GCSE transcripts the breakdown of marks for each subject?
Anonymoooo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
Are GCSE transcripts the breakdown of marks for each subject?
Yes
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I didn’t receive them on results day. I’m not sure why UEA want them as the other unis I applied to didn’t
Last edited by Lozc3; 2 weeks ago
Thatgirl44
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How is everyone coming along with their preparation?
Anonymoooo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
I didn’t receive them on results day. I’m not sure why UEA want them as the other unis I applied to didn’t
Neither did I, I had to contact my school’s exams office for them
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymoooo)
Neither did I, I had to contact my school’s exams office for them
I have too but I don’t think they will be able to access them now
Anonymoooo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lozc3)
I have too but I don’t think they will be able to access them now
They logged onto the exam board’s websites where they have access to exam results going quite a few years back I believe, all stored online
Robyn2002
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What are GCSE transcripts?
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Robyn2002)
What are GCSE transcripts?
Breakdowns of your gcse marks
Lozc3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know if everyone progresses onto the 5 year medicine course after the gateway year? Also does anyone know how long after interview offers are given out?
Last edited by Lozc3; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads