The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lozc3
No not in time for my interview, but I’m emailed UEA so it’s all good

Oh have you had your interview? And what did they say, I think I need to message them!!
Original post by Lozc3
Does anyone know when offers are usually given out after interviews?

Apparently before the offer holders day which is 21st March
Original post by Thatgirl44
Apparently before the offer holders day which is 21st March

Ok thanks
Oh have you had your interview? And what did they say, I think I need to message them!!

I haven’t had my interview yet and I can send them at a later date
I got an interview but my UCAT is my weakest point, Is UCAT used in assessing who gets an interview or who gets an offer?
Original post by Harris1703a
I got an interview but my UCAT is my weakest point, Is UCAT used in assessing who gets an interview or who gets an offer?

Yes.
What’s your UCAT and when’s your interview?
Post interview, they use 50% interview performance (which includes SJT) and then 50% UCAT to make an offer.
Hey guys, I’m a bit stuck...so I called my high school asking for my gcse transcripts and they said they don’t even know what they are...so what do I do now ????
Yes.
What’s your UCAT and when’s your interview?
Post interview, they use 50% interview performance (which includes SJT) and then 50% UCAT to make an offer.

2340 with band 2 SJT and 25th Feb, and does this mean UCAT is not considered before the interview?
Original post by mofradarshia15
Hey guys, I’m a bit stuck...so I called my high school asking for my gcse transcripts and they said they don’t even know what they are...so what do I do now ????

I was in the same situation, I contacted UEA and now it’s sorted
Original post by Harris1703a
2340 with band 2 SJT and 25th Feb, and does this mean UCAT is not considered before the interview?

That’s still good, why are you worrying?!
And no, it is not. As long as you meet their eligibility criteria ie you are from an underperforming school, then you will be invited to interview.
How have you been preparing for your interview?
Original post by Lozc3
I was in the same situation, I contacted UEA and now it’s sorted

I haven’t contacted the uni yet 😭 what did you say to them just for reference? I have no idea how to phrase it 😳
Hey guys!
I’m currently on the A104 course at UEA.
Feel free to message me about any questions you have!
Good luck!!
Original post by cerysw70
Hey guys!
Good luck!!

Aw hi! Do you do any clinical placements in the foundation year? Also does everyone automatically progress onto the 5 year UEA medicine? Thanks
Original post by Lozc3
Aw hi! Do you do any clinical placements in the foundation year? Also does everyone automatically progress onto the 5 year UEA medicine? Thanks

Yes you do!
You do 3 days training to do 3 days placement as a FULLY QUALIFIED HCA
You also do 3 days primary care and 3 days secondary care.

I know they are changing the structure of A104 for 2020 entry so you may even get more!

You need to get 75% overall and 75% in MED overall to pass onto the 5 years too!
Yes you do!
You do 3 days training to do 3 days placement as a FULLY QUALIFIED HCA
You also do 3 days primary care and 3 days secondary care.

I know they are changing the structure of A104 for 2020 entry so you may even get more!

You need to get 75% overall and 75% in MED overall to pass onto the 5 years too!

Oh cool! Do you take exams at the end of the year? And are they difficult to get 75% in? Thankyou!
Original post by Lozc3
Oh cool! Do you take exams at the end of the year? And are they difficult to get 75% in? Thankyou!

I can’t guarantee yours will be the same as the course is changing for 2020.

However

Before the Christmas break I sat maths chem and biology. I got well into 90% or more in these.

Before the summer break, I will be sitting another biology exam as well as the med exam.

You also have other things to do that count towards the med grade- portfolio and student selected study (SSS) which make up 40% of your grade.

I also had coursework like essays or labs for the science modules.

Like I said, there is a course change where I don’t think you are doing the same science modules and yours will be more med based!
I can’t guarantee yours will be the same as the course is changing for 2020.

However

Before the Christmas break I sat maths chem and biology. I got well into 90% or more in these.

Before the summer break, I will be sitting another biology exam as well as the med exam.

You also have other things to do that count towards the med grade- portfolio and student selected study (SSS) which make up 40% of your grade.

I also had coursework like essays or labs for the science modules.

Like I said, there is a course change where I don’t think you are doing the same science modules and yours will be more med based!

aw thankyou! How many people do you have on your course? Also do you have any tips for the interviews?
Original post by Lozc3
aw thankyou! How many people do you have on your course? Also do you have any tips for the interviews?

There’s 42 of us in my cohort! Up from 30 last year.
For interviews just be confident, know your nhs values, know why you’ve applied to UEA
Hey guys!
Good luck!!

Hi do you do a dissection in the first year and is it prodominantly lecture based or PBL in that year as well thanks
Original post by iman282
Hi do you do a dissection in the first year and is it prodominantly lecture based or PBL in that year as well thanks

Hey!
There is no dissection in the foundation year unfortunately :frown:

You have 3 hours PBL and 3 hours of MED lectures a week (subject to change in the new style starting 2020) this means the MED module is mostly PBL based learning as you’ll be learning 10-11 LOs from PBL each week.

Latest

Trending

Trending