BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (HELP) Watch

spookyloona
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am currently studying a BTEC course in Applied Science which is the equivalent to 3 A Levels.
I am planning on going to university to get a science degree but i don't know what to study.
Can someone please tell me what courses i could go on to study with my BTEC qualification (I have completed my first year of the course with D*D*)
I literally have no idea with what i want to do with my life besides something involving science!
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is the equivalent of asking how long is a piece of string. It is so wide it is almost impossible to answer. Do you enjoy more the Physics, Biology or Chemistry side more. For some courses you might need A level Maths or Chemistry in addition to your BTEC. You could consider something on the engineering side or possibly something like Forensic Science, Pharmacy, Nursing, Psychology or various courses in the medical field like Cardiac Physiology or something more lab based. Without further details from you it is impossible to give you a more accurate response.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/humanandhealthsciences/
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/science/
Forensic science. Biochemistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc

It is very wide.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you could also look into biomedical science, pharmacology and immunology. Some universities accept you. Others will want an A level as well.
Student guest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m in the same situation as you. I’m currently studying BTEC Applied Science but I don’t even know if I want to go down the science route anymore as I’ve lost interest. At least you know that you want to do a science related degree!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (56)
56%
No (44)
44%

Watched Threads