Turn on thread page Beta

Your Most Expensive Piece of Clothing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mine is an Armani shirt that I picked up from the Mail Box in Birmingham. Cost me £350. I have wore it once. I think I'm scared to wash it.

Next down the line is my D&G jumper and a few others. Most expensive pair of shoes I have is a pair of rare Timberland that cost me £200.

I bet some people on here have shoes exceeding the cost of mine.

ReputationRep:
    i have some £900 shoes. Nothing like that on clothes though.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go for expensive stuff to be honest. Don't have the money in the first place but would rather get something cheaper and then use the money for something more practical.

The most expensive piece is a leather jacket my Dad got me for my 16th birthday as he wanted me to get a motorbike. That was £200. I don't really wear it a lot - usually just if I am going out at christmas and new year when it is really cold at night.

Doubt I would spend that much on one thing again lol.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be a bespoke suit

One of my mates showed me a Galliano jacket in moleskin the other day ... he bought it before he had a job as well ... it cost nearly £3,000 apparently!!!!!!!!!!!! That is unbelievable ........ he's not of the silver-spoon variety, either, he has just worked hard to earn money for these kind of things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuglyduckling2)
    Mine would be a bespoke suit

One of my mates showed me a Galliano jacket in moleskin the other day ... he bought it before he had a job as well ... it cost nearly £3,000 apparently!!!!!!!!!!!! That is unbelievable ........ he's not of the silver-spoon variety, either, he has just worked hard to earn money for these kind of things.
    I was about to say, if it's real mole skin, watch those animal rights campaigner's. They will throw a bucket of paint over it.

I am guessing by moleskin you mean the texture. £3000 !! thats alot of money.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing over £100 really lol
    I did buy a reaaaaaaally nice cardigan for £80 from French Connection and it ended up in my washing pile and so into the washing machine by accident and it shrank.
    Now only a 7yr old would fit in it.
    I was so gutted and i'd only had it about a month aswell

ReputationRep:
    I have a few dresses around the £1000 mark but that's it really.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's my UGG boots, £140. Then my Ralph Lauren jumper, I think it was £90. Other than that I don't spent all that much on clothes or shoes!

My watch was £1000, most expensive clothing was a £400-£500 suit. Can't see myself ever spending that amount on other clothes though, but i think for watches, suits etc its different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All at once)
    My watch was £1000, most expensive clothing was a £400-£500 suit. Can't see myself ever spending that amount on other clothes though, but i think for watches, suits etc its different
    Suits especially. A nice Rowlex would be great.

There was a watch I seen, only a limited number made, if you press a button an arial flys out the side and alerts a helecopter team to come and collect you.

Very expensive watch aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, i'm sat here with my mouth wide open.
    The most i have spent on anything myself is er, 40 quid. I have a dress that costs 60 though? aha

ReputationRep:
    Dior Homme suit. Undisclosed price.

ReputationRep:
    My uggs, they were £170.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    Suits especially. A nice Rowlex would be great.

There was a watch I seen, only a limited number made, if you press a button an arial flys out the side and alerts a helecopter team to come and collect you.

Very expensive watch aswell.
    Rolex suck.
    Get a Breitling :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpearson)
    Quite so. Dresses for £1000? Bloody hell. The way I see it, these things are fine if you've literally got nothing else to spend your money on, but personally I'd rather spend my money on holidays and university, and have cheaper clothes. Not that I'm the Primark type - all my clothes are good quality and usually from boutique shops, but I do wait until the sales!

ReputationRep:
    ...i have some stuff things around £400/£500...dresses mostly....but they were bought by my mum for me and I'm not exactly loving the whole thing....out of MY clothes that I have chosen....nothing much over £100...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpearson)
    The most i have spent on anything myself is er, 40 quid. I have a dress that costs 60 though? aha
    I had the same thoughts...

£15 army boots lasted me like 5 years...
    £5 trainers lasted me like 7 years untill my mum stick them in the washer and wrecked them
    i still have tshirts in ma draw which i wear which are like 10yr old...

and im normally one whos like :O at people paying £50+ for trainers.
    Waste of money imo.. stick to primark, nothing wrong with it (ive had some clothes which cost more than the norm for me, which had kinda known designers, and their sewing came apart in areas... cant say the same for these 'cheapo' brands, and even if i did, ive only lost out on £1-5 not £100+)

^edit: sorry i do have a coat for over £100, and thats the one i was talking about which falling apart (and ive had to heavily sew things back on, such as buttons etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    I have a few dresses around the £1000 mark but that's it really.
    ...That's it?

Wow.

ReputationRep:
    I have a dress worth £95 but I really don't buy into designer things. I just don't see how people can be so obsessed with labels and money, I find it quite shallow personally xx

ReputationRep:
    My Karen Millen lbd - 160 quid. I normally shop at New Look/M&S/Oasis/Debenhams/Next (usually in the sales) so my normal stuff costs a fraction of that!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.