The Student Room Group

Did you get 'hit' with some damage deposit loss in halls?

Am suspicious.

Very cursory inspection of a clean room (my mum helped!), just walking out and inspection woman spots a divot and 2 marks on the wall. Says they'll take £30 off me.

Mum has found a moving in picture of the divot, so she's challenging it.

But the sum, £30, makes me think it's 'Ave a Go. Too small to challenge, big enough to make the Halls owner/s cash.

Also, did you get a copy of your signed inventory back? I didn't. They could alter anything.
Original post by Miljee
Am suspicious.

Very cursory inspection of a clean room (my mum helped!), just walking out and inspection woman spots a divot and 2 marks on the wall. Says they'll take £30 off me.

But the sum, £30, makes me think it's 'Ave a Go. Too small to challenge, big enough to make the Halls owner/s cash.

Also, did you get a copy of your signed inventory back? I didn't. They could alter anything.

always best to keep your own photos and copy of an inventory then you can contest it with your personal evidence. challenge it if you have the picture to prove it :smile:
Original post by Miljee
Am suspicious.

No copy of the signed inventory and the moving in picture - no chance - don't let them take you to the cleaners there - you have paid enough for the room already. ( And I am a landlord)
£5 last year because the kitchen floor needed cleaning or something, they'll use anything to suck even more money out of you
Original post by Miljee
Am suspicious.

Did you live in a Unite property by any chance?

If you have proof (even better if the photos are date/time stamped), then you should be able to make a case. Shame that you didn't get a copy of the inventory though...
I recall about 20 quid for communal cleaning.

Which wasn't down to me cos I left about a month before all the dweebs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending