lfs_04_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Is it possible to go from a 5 from a 7 in GCSEs?For my maths, I got a 5 in my yr10 February mocks, and I am now going into year 11 in three weeks. My target grade for yr11 is a 5, I was wondering, is it possible to go from a 5 to a 7? If any of you has done so, what methods did you use?Thanks
proudmonkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is very possible. My advice for you is to carry on doing past paper questions. If you get a question wrong see what the method was and remember it because very similar questions come every year.
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yep I went from a 6 to a 9, but it was a whole load of work. at least one past paper a week, reviewing exam and problem solving techniques and really getting to grips with each concept
khadija.khatun
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Obviously do as many past papers you can find but as well as past papers always ask teachers for help, cause i know it seems like you're being annoying by pestering them for extra work or help but that is their job so keep pestering!
epicnm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The first thing is make sure you understand the concept. Work through the specification of the topics for maths and follow a routine like this:
Choose a topic from the spec
Watch the hegarty maths video relating to said topic
Using a revision guide (I use the REVISE Edexcel Maths Revision guide) and hegarty maths (or any other maths video explanation), create an A4 poster on the topic(or any other revision resource, whether it be just a few notes on a piece of paper)
Practice questions on hegarty maths
Practice questions out of a workbook (I use the BBC Bitesize one)
Practice Corbett maths textbook questions
Go on to maths genie for exam question

By doing this for each topic, you can make sure that you understand the topic by watching the video, make a revision resource to revisit later, practice questions from workbook and Corbett maths textbook questions and then finish off with some exam style questions from maths genie. Obviously this is a lot of hardwork, but will definitely make you very prepared and maximise your chances of getting a 7 (or even more!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.13%
No (216)
76.87%

Watched Threads