GLP TC Application Watch

Law_hopeful2016
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a GLP (previously known as the GLS) TC app?

I have previously applied twice, but have never gotten to an AC. Each year, however, I seem to get one stage further. I didn't apply last year due to job commitments, but how did people prepare for the tests and how much were you scoring to get to the next stage? The last time I didn't score high enough to pass the WGCA. I think I was averaging at maybe 70% in my practice test, so I'm wondering do you need to be comfortably scoring 80%? Part of me thinks there isn't any point pursuing this TC if I can't even get to the AC...

I've managed to pass the WGCA for private law firms, but for some reason the GLP catches me out.

Any help would be much appreciated!
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Law_hopeful2016)
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a GLP (previously known as the GLS) TC app?

I have previously applied twice, but have never gotten to an AC. Each year, however, I seem to get one stage further. I didn't apply last year due to job commitments, but how did people prepare for the tests and how much were you scoring to get to the next stage? The last time I didn't score high enough to pass the WGCA. I think I was averaging at maybe 70% in my practice test, so I'm wondering do you need to be comfortably scoring 80%? Part of me thinks there isn't any point pursuing this TC if I can't even get to the AC...

I've managed to pass the WGCA for private law firms, but for some reason the GLP catches me out.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon!

Legal isn't my area of expertise, but in general I think if you're not scoring high enough in the test for something, then aiming for a solid and consistent increase on the practice test sounds like a good idea; 80% sounds like a decent aim imo :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads