The Student Room Group

EPQ - Extended Project Qualification

I'm just wondering, out of curiosity, is it possible to get some sort of work experience from an EPQ.
It is research based etc, but still a but practical surely? So for example, research on acting etc, could that mean I can get work experience at some sort of studio??
Sounds stupid I know lol, but I just though it would be cool to visit a set or something and tie it in with an EPQ.
I understand, half the point of an EPQ is to pursue an interest you have in something, even though you don't study it at A-Level or something (that's what my teacher said anyway lol - she used journalism as an example)
Theoretically you could get some work experience to help you with an EPQ, but its positive effects would be limited. I don't know what exam board you're on but Edexcel emphasises data only - whether that be primary or secondary. Therefore, you would have to collect some form of data whilst on your work experience to be able to incorporate that into your EPQ.
makes sense. thanks very much

Original post by jessblackburn
Theoretically you could get some work experience to help you with an EPQ, but its positive effects would be limited. I don't know what exam board you're on but Edexcel emphasises data only - whether that be primary or secondary. Therefore, you would have to collect some form of data whilst on your work experience to be able to incorporate that into your EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending