looks give away one's personality?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i'm not saying pretty=nice and ugly=bad personality

this isn't about stereotypes

u can guess one's personality by looking at their appearance.
for e.g, a VERY tall skinny person is likely to be silly and clownish (think of the giraffe from madagascar movie) and insecure.... i am this category

a guy with soft jaw and soft features is likely to have a warm personality...lemme be honest a soft personality (pushover)

a guy with broad shoulders, sharp jawline, sharp eyes is likely to be just how he looks: sharp and brutally honest/matter of fact (no thanks tho)

yeah it's more difficult to guess girls' personalities despite me being a girl.

u can judge by their looks basically, and be correct.

also, u can guess sexual orientation by looking at peoples' faces from a picture. especially gay men. i think there's a gay look (nottttt because of makeup or anythin. literally facial features)
Anonymous #1
wat do u think?
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
stfu
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, you can't know for certain if an egg is rotten without cracking it open, it's the same with humans (although cracking isa little extreme) but everyone has a mind separate from their body, our behavior is far more environmental than genetic
Anonymous #1
thank you for replying! i appreciate ur input @fakenewseditor
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
stfu
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Kinda.
The Mogg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is this even a question you thought conceivable to ask?
Anonymous #1
it doesn't work with everyone, u can be wrong a lotta the time. i rly like it when im expecting a bad personality and they surprise me (why do i sound like a jerk wOW)
(Original post by Max1989)
No, you can't know for certain if an egg is rotten without cracking it open, it's the same with humans (although cracking isa little extreme) but everyone has a mind separate from their body, our behavior is far more environmental than genetic
Anonymous #1
questions cant be born; they only exist
(Original post by The Mogg)
How is this even a question you thought conceivable to ask?
The Mogg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's not what conceivable means :giggle:
Spoiler:
Show
Conceivable: capable of being imagined or grasped mentally.

(Original post by Anonymous)
questions cant be born; they only exist
username4626084
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Generalising is a perfect way to kill a crowd
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don’t think so
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it doesn't work with everyone, u can be wrong a lotta the time. i rly like it when im expecting a bad personality and they surprise me (why do i sound like a jerk wOW)
Indeedie, you can tell it from their body language and how they behave though, but that's not looks, I don't like using cliche stuff, but teh saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" is kinda true, but you can judge some books by looking at the blurb, the blurb is the body language the bridge between the looks and personality. It's what they do with the features they have is what tells you who they are.
Anonymous #1
yesh fr judging looks aint good but we all do it, it's natural.

why do u think ppl hear someone new speaking for the first time and think "oh i wasn't expecting that voice"??? because we associate looks with a certain image and personality. i think it's really interesting bc certain facial features yield certain personality traits..not always...but a lot of the time.
(Original post by Max1989)
Indeedie, you can tell it from their body language and how they behave though, but that's not looks, I don't like using cliche stuff, but teh saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" is kinda true, but you can judge some books by looking at the blurb, the blurb is the body language the bridge between the looks and personality. It's what they do with the features they have is what tells you who they are.
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nahhhhhhh
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yesh fr judging looks aint good but we all do it, it's natural.

why do u think ppl hear someone new speaking for the first time and think "oh i wasn't expecting that voice"??? because we associate looks with a certain image and personality. i think it's really interesting bc certain facial features yield certain personality traits..not always...but a lot of the time.
I don't really, I respect everyone no matter other view or look they have, as long as they do not harm others, but I won't rule it out completely as I probably do it a tad subconsciously. I don't generalise though and treat everyone as a new slate no matter who I associate them with or what they look like compared to someone else.

And it's because it's something new, it surprises us as our mind hasn't experienced it before, when you listen to a song for the first time you like it, hear it again and again eventually it'll lose it's sparkle as you've gotten used to it. It's the simple lack of knowledge. It isn't really looks related just experience related, what you expect to happen is based on your own opinion, everyone has a different opinion and will expect different things.

It's probably just down to how we work, we like to see patterns and anything outside of the pattern is a surprise.

But if you gathered everyone in the world with a certain facial feature there will not be a significant correlation between the personality trait, it's simply coincidence in the people you've met. Some personalities might be down to genetics linked with the facial feature, but our environment lays the rules for those genetics, so it's hard to generalize as we are all brought up differently.
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
it does in that the way you dress and groom yourself can showcase your personality. you can often tell when a person is shy or confident, their general interests. if they wish to fit in or trying to stick out. whether they respect the environment/profession they are in.

but you can't judge a person's personality based on their facial features and body parts, although we think we can. that's why girls get teenage crushes on boys with soft/feminine features like Justine Bieber, Shawn Mendes, One Direction and BTS. they look feminine so young girls trust them more. true story.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i'm not saying pretty=nice and ugly=bad personality

this isn't about stereotypes

u can guess one's personality by looking at their appearance.
for e.g, a VERY tall skinny person is likely to be silly and clownish (think of the giraffe from madagascar movie) and insecure.... i am this category

a guy with soft jaw and soft features is likely to have a warm personality...lemme be honest a soft personality (pushover)

a guy with broad shoulders, sharp jawline, sharp eyes is likely to be just how he looks: sharp and brutally honest/matter of fact (no thanks tho)

yeah it's more difficult to guess girls' personalities despite me being a girl.

u can judge by their looks basically, and be correct.

also, u can guess sexual orientation by looking at peoples' faces from a picture. especially gay men. i think there's a gay look (nottttt because of makeup or anythin. literally facial features)

yes and no

doesn't work everytime, but i'd say stereotypes etc probably have a better "yes I was right about them" rate than just blind guessing
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My corpse paint says that I love Satan
username4749782
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe some kind of correlation exists between the two but it's a stretch to say looks directly decide on a person's personality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.63%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (138)
28.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed