Unversity grades Watch

bmthsleepwalking
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so i suffer from quite bad mental health (depression and anxiety) and basically i just need some peace of mind (as my head won't shut up with doubt) My modules are 20 Credits each. Now i have managed to get all 1sts and 2:1s about (65 as my lowest in an assignment and my highest being 84 in one assignment) However, for one module where i got a third and another where i got a 2:2. 30% of my second year counts towards my final grade. Now i know all subjects are different but please can someone help me. My mind is unable to rest as i am scared i won't be able to get a 2:1 as my final result because of the 3rd. Please can someone work my grades out? If you have nothing nice to say please don't say it. I feel low enough in my skin as it is. Thank you.

So i worked out my modules so 1) 69% 2) 68.25% 3) 76.8% 4) as long as i achieve at least 60 in my exam 64%. 5) Was unsure how to work it out (i got 55% and the module is weighted 100% ) and 6) Same again i got 46% which was weighted 100%.
Last edited by bmthsleepwalking; 1 month ago
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bmthsleepwalking)
Hi so i suffer from quite bad mental health (depression and anxiety) and basically i just need some peace of mind (as my head won't shut up with doubt) My modules are 20 Credits each. Now i have managed to get all 1sts and 2:1s about (65 as my lowest in an assignment and my highest being 84 in one assignment) However, for one module where i got a third and another where i got a 2:2. 30% of my second year counts towards my final grade. Now i know all subjects are different but please can someone help me. My mind is unable to rest as i am scared i won't be able to get a 2:1 as my final result because of the 3rd. Please can someone work my grades out? If you have nothing nice to say please don't say it. I feel low enough in my skin as it is. Thank you.
How can anyone work out your overall grade when you haven't stated all of your module results?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
watchingyouwatch
Badges: 13
Report 1 month ago
Try not to worry- as you got some very high marks - it will probably average out to at least a 2:1 and as this is only 30% of your final grade you have a good opertunity to make it even higher next year!

You need to post your results of the module so someone can work out your average.

Also look at your Universities' /courses' rules for working out final grade. Some universities allow discounting of the lowest grade or have other rules that don't just average your score
bmthsleepwalking
Rep:
?
Aye you're right i forgot. I have just worked this out.
(Original post by ageshallnot)
How can anyone work out your overall grade when you haven't stated all of your module results?
bmthsleepwalking
Rep:
?
Hi thanks for this. Just posted my module results now. I appreciate the support and advice.
(Original post by watchingyouwatch)
Try not to worry- as you got some very high marks - it will probably average out to at least a 2:1 and as this is only 30% of your final grade you have a good opertunity to make it even higher next year!

You need to post your results of the module so someone can work out your average.

Also look at your Universities' /courses' rules for working out final grade. Some universities allow discounting of the lowest grade or have other rules that don't just average your score
watchingyouwatch
Badges: 13
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure what you mean by the module being weighted 100% Also they may round up/or down the marks on individual modules so 68.25% would become 68% and 76.8 would become 77%

However, using the figures you have given if all these modules are equally weighted across the year then you average is 63.18 which is a solid 2:1

As this counts as 30% of your mark you have already achieved 18.95 out of 30 towards your degree
You therefore need to get 41.05 out of a possible 70 in third year to get 2:1 overall

this means you need to get an average average of 58.65% in third year to get 60 overall and a 2:1

Hope that helps

So i worked out my modules so 1) 69% 2) 68.25% 3) 76.8% 4) as long as i achieve at least 60 in my exam 64%. 5) Was unsure how to work it out (i got 55% and the module is weighted 100% ) and 6) Same again i got 46% which was weighted 100%.
bmthsleepwalking
Rep:
?
Thats great and really helps me out so thanks a lot i appreciate that.
(Original post by watchingyouwatch)
I am not sure what you mean by the module being weighted 100% Also they may round up/or down the marks on individual modules so 68.25% would become 68% and 76.8 would become 77%

However, using the figures you have given if all these modules are equally weighted across the year then you average is 63.18 which is a solid 2:1

As this counts as 30% of your mark you have already achieved 18.95 out of 30 towards your degree
You therefore need to get 41.05 out of a possible 70 in third year to get 2:1 overall

this means you need to get an average average of 58.65% in third year to get 60 overall and a 2:1

Hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.7%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.41%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.49%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (117)
40.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.48%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.85%