Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
https://twitter.com/KEEMSTAR/status/1145162661228941314

Yikes. As if Jake Paul could get any worse.

Why is he still allowed to operate on Youtube? He has millions of young and impressionable fans - what happens if they begin to emulate his bigotry?

Youtube is moulding the next generation, and it's rather scary.
This is foolish though. He should have kept his mouth shut and made up a random story to leave, if he felt uncomfortable.

Even though those were not biological females, he should have been careful with his comments. Else, he would get in trouble.
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
So, if you're invited to a party by a man, you should automatically assume that you've only been invited because he thinks that you're a woman that he'd be attracted to and wants to have sex with, and no other reason?

And if so, how exactly should you react if you're invited despite not being that? People don't generally spend time second-guessing invitations.
I was just responding to the 'secretly' comment. The thought should occur to you, yes, if it's someone like Jake Paul, although obviously it depends on the circumstances.

I think usually, and again depending on the circumstances, you just go ahead and accept the invitation, although in some cases you should not be taken aback if, when your particular situation becomes apparent, there's some awkwardness in the room, or some dismay on the part of your hosts.

I'm not saying he's a great guy, and I don't really know about the background to this. The whole transphobia thing just doesn't seem to hold water to me. Seems to me this was more likely based on his/ his pals' lack of sexual interest in them rather than any particular animus towards them as a class. The idea that Jake Paul was asserting a philosophical or political position as to what amounts to a 'real girl' is ridiculous. It's quite obvious what he was driving at.
Kazmondo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They need to be aware that they are trans. Can't blame a straight guy who be upset when they find those hot chicks have or had a penis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads