Jeremy Hunt sparks business anger with no-deal Brexit comment Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I can only hope someone hits him in the face with a rotten egg.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1561897962
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm not sure what his plan is here.. boris has already got the hard-brexiteers locked down to support him, so why bother pandering to them? They aren't going to vote for Hunt, no matter how much he tries to give them what they want, so why sacrifice your own base of moderate remain-tories?

If he keeps this up, the only votes he gets will be from the never-boris crowd.
Merridan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I can only hope someone hits him in the face with a rotten egg.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...box=1561897962
So you are advocating for violence against people you don't like....Whilst presumably claiming to be the tolerant party (Leavers being the intolerant ones)

Hypocrisy at its finest.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's also worth remembering what the demographic makeup of Tory party members looks like - an overwhelming majority of old, wealthy, middle-class property owners who will barely be affected and couldn't give a fig about anybody else bar themselves. Unfortunately the majority of those people are willing to see massive damage to the economy, a breakup of the UK and even the breakup of their own party:
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...party-destroye
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Merridan)
So you are advocating for violence against people you don't like....Whilst presumably claiming to be the tolerant party (Leavers being the intolerant ones)

Hypocrisy at its finest.
Oh its an egg, grow a pair. It's not like im saying he should be bashed with a 2x4.

Equally i never made any claim to be part of a err 'tolerant party' (whatever that is). You'd do well not to make queer assumptions in future.
Merridan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Oh its an egg, grow a pair. It's not like im saying he should be bashed with a 2x4.

Equally i never made any claim to be part of a err 'tolerant party' (whatever that is). You'd do well not to make queer assumptions in future.
Well the problem with advocating throwing an egg is that like it or not you are advocating violence and its an escalation

You seem not to care about the first - but think on the second and on the phase "what goes around comes around" Do you want egg throwing to become commonplace? or perhaps you want battery acid next

And as for the 'tolerant party' I believe that describes remainers who are of course not tolerant in the slightest.

Look if this continues to get worse people are gong to come to the not unreasonable conclusion that Democracy does not work.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Well the problem with advocating throwing an egg is that like it or not you are advocating violence and its an escalation
An escalation of what exactly?
You seem not to care about the first - but think on the second and on the phase "what goes around comes around" Do you want egg throwing to become commonplace? or perhaps you want battery acid next
What did I tell you about assuming?
Yeah, this isnt a philosophy class. I don't overly care for your views on karma.
Egg throwing is fairly traditional. On the other hand given your particular politics i can only assume you're some right wing fanboy in which case you're hardly in a position to be making political jabs like the above poor one. Gun>Egg Car>Egg. Pots and kettles.
And as for the 'tolerant party' I believe that describes remainers who are of course not tolerant in the slightest.
What a stupid thing to say. Aside from the fact 'remainers' can in no way be described as a party your ignorance of what Brexstremists want compared to remainers appears mind boggling. With one being an explicit nationalistic project for a start.
Look if this continues to get worse people are gong to come to the not unreasonable conclusion that Democracy does not work.
It doesnt, thats hardly a new revelation though. It's just 'the least bad' of the alternatives, as has been said.
Merridan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
An escalation of what exactly?

What did I tell you about assuming?
Yeah, this isnt a philosophy class. I don't overly care for your views on karma.
Egg throwing is fairly traditional. On the other hand given your particular politics i can only assume you're some right wing fanboy in which case you're hardly in a position to be making political jabs like the above poor one. Gun>Egg Car>Egg. Pots and kettles.

What a stupid thing to say. Aside from the fact 'remainers' can in no way be described as a party your ignorance of what Brexstremists want compared to remainers appears mind boggling. With one being an explicit nationalistic project for a start.

It doesnt, thats hardly a new revelation though. It's just 'the least bad' of the alternatives, as has been said.
Oh good grief man talk about proving me right! :rolleyes:
Napp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Oh good grief man talk about proving me right! :rolleyes:
Uhuh :lol:
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Moved to UK Politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (142)
61.47%
No (89)
38.53%

Watched Threads