rabz31
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is studying the question 'Do animals have language?' a good idea as an EPQ? I wanted to link both languages and biology together (I do biology, chemistry and spanish A-level), so wanted to link both science and languages together. I feel like I should make it more specific but I don't know how! Please help!! Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rabz31)
Is studying the question 'Do animals have language?' a good idea as an EPQ? I wanted to link both languages and biology together (I do biology, chemistry and spanish A-level), so wanted to link both science and languages together. I feel like I should make it more specific but I don't know how! Please help!! Thanks
Sounds like a good area to me although you will need to do some research, become familiar with the area and then decide on an angle. Clearly animals have a way of communicating, but what does that consist of? is it auditory and visual or an actual language. I seem to vaguely recall a question on a similar subject which was whether animals have accents.

Try out several possible questions, make sure it can fit 5000 words and see which one you like the most. There must be lots of papers on this.

I normally suggest EPQs tend to be relevant to the course you are applying for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (67)
27.35%
No - I have already returned home (27)
11.02%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (51)
20.82%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (25)
10.2%
No - I live at home during term anyway (75)
30.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise