The Student Room Group

What is your favourite anime

Scroll to see replies

whilst I'm the furthest thing from a one punch fan, I'm pretty sure the anime goes beyond just an op character. I only watched the first couple of episodes but I could see that there was potential character development with Saitama's character and I think his interactions with other characters is what makes the show wholesome and pretty hilarious as well as good old comic relief with Saitama's unbelievable strength. The show has other plots too but I wouldn't know much about that but it's definitely more than the premise you described. It's actually hella unique for a shonen anime.
Original post by Paolo3100
I dont know why people like one punch man, if the character is op to the max there is little to no need for character development in terms of fighting abilities. The anime stretches out episodes by allowing the protagonist to be beaten to a pulp before the guy actually decides to fight.

The fights are just full of fancy animations until the guy decides to fight. What is the point in being beaten for about 95% of the time so u can come back with a punch?

Even in 7 deadly sins where the protagonist is too op the manga writer actually creates a sensible reason to why he is always on the defence, so he can counter attack.
- Kill la kill
- Watamote
- Gundam Unicorn
- One Punch man
- Jojos bizarre adventure
- And maybe darling in the franxx if the last 9 episodes wasn't trash

Although gundam unicorn probably takes the cake for me for the coolest scenes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 22
1.full metal alchemist
2.mob phsyco
3.bleach
4.hunter x hunter
5.jojo bizare golden wind
Original post by ml55
1. family guy
2. young sheldon
3. blue planet
4. breaking bad
5. the news

That is a thread for animes, not TV or cartoon series, that is a differrnce. Don't confuse them next time, okay?
Original post by ml55
my bad
revised list:

cory in the house
the jeremy kyle show
Chernobyl
Friends
babestation

Never mind! just forget what I told you. They have not still a reference to Japan.
Original post by ml55
oh i get it now
3rd list:

love island
the uber eats advert before love island
american beauty
cool cat stops a school shooting
othello

Erm... no?! do you know any cartoons come from Japan? why I have the feeling this is a never-ending running-gag? look above you. Another people listed a lot.
Guys I've got something really amazing you would wanna see (I do not agree with a lot of it but I do hope it helps) :

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/recommendations#wiki_2018 ~Anime list

http://i.imgur.com/q9Xjv4p.jpg ~Flowchart To Find Anime After Completion

Your welcome! A like will go a long way :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Volg Paterson
Guys I've got something really amazing you would wanna see (I do not agree with a lot of it but I do hope it helps) :

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/recommendations#wiki_2018 ~Anime list

http://i.imgur.com/q9Xjv4p.jpg ~Flowchart To Find Anime After Completion

Your welcome! A like will go a long way :biggrin:

Nice links you added here, big thanks to you! will maybe come back to look for good animes.
hunter x hunter. i also watched mob psycho 100, my hero academia and one punch man so far this summer
Reply 29
One flew over the cuckoos nest
Some new anime I highly recommend are Vinland Saga and Dr Stone.
Both only have 3 episodes so far and are paced well even though they have just started.
Reply 31
Fairy taillllllll
I was gonna watch fairy tail, especially after hearing the first 2 seasons were free on funimation.
How is it?
I was recommended not to watch it but I am considering watching it later unless its worth watching atm.
I heard its mostly flying bums and boobs from a friend.
I don't exactly love any anime in particular as after a while they turn meh but if I had to name a few I really liked:

1) Beelzebub (imo the comedy in this is gold, I've rewatched it 5-6 times)
2) Daily Lives of High School Boys (the comedy in this is also gold, I've rewatched 3-4 times)
3) No Game No Life (loved the amount of work madhouse put into picture quality, I've rewatched 2-3 times)
4) Great Teacher Onizuka (it's very good, every one I recommended it to rewatched it atleast twice)
5) Black Lagoon (watched it twice back in 2014, it left a very memorable mark as I loved the action and subtle love between Levi and the MC)

Honorable mentions:

6) Naruto series (saw all the series before the anime became popular enough for normies to even like it)
7) One Piece (per the urging and binge-ing competition between a friend I started watching it and came to love it by the great war arc)
8) Fairy Tail (loved the first run but man did it turn into a f*ckery in the 2014 run imo)
9) Hitman Reborn (I liked the concept and it was probably due to that reason that I loved Sun Ken Rock even more)
10) Maid-sama (one of the first few anime I watched and imo it's quite girly but it's good sh*t)

Manga wise my all time favourite is: Sun Ken Rock (the illustrator Boichi of Dr. Stone created this and I think the only reasons it wasn't animated was because it was based around Korea (whom the japs hate a lot) and the extreme activities within (rape, blackmail, gambling, brothels & blood) ironic since they still animated Akame Ga Kill which is similar).

This is closely followed by: Darwin's game, Dorei Yuugi, Hive, Lookism, Murenase & Gal Gohan.
(edited 4 years ago)
1) My Hero Academia
2) Haikyuu Kuroko no Basket
4) Mob Psycho 100 (Season 2 especially)
5) One Punch Man (Season 1 especially)

Tbh I don’t have a favourite anime but these 5 were the ones I really enjoyed watching.

Honorable Mentions:

- Classroom of the Elite (I think the MC is badass and the twist at the end was cool)

- Demon Slayer (when Zenitsu, aka sleepy (and scaredy) boi did that move it was sick)

- Attack on Titan (probs the best out of the honorable mentions)

- The Promised Neverland, aka ‘when your food demands the right to live’ (OP was fire (pun intended) and did not expect the storyline to be so intriguing)

Right now I’m enjoying Fire Force and Dr. Stone is good as well.
(edited 4 years ago)
Some new names il check em out
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
I don't exactly love any anime in particular as after a while they turn meh but if I had to name a few I really liked:

1) Beelzebub (imo the comedy in this is gold, I've rewatched it 5-6 times)
2) Daily Lives of High School Boys (the comedy in this is also gold, I've rewatched 3-4 times)
3) No Game No Life (loved the amount of work madhouse put into picture quality, I've rewatched 2-3 times)
4) Great Teacher Onizuka (it's very good, every one I recommended it to rewatched it atleast twice)
5) Black Lagoon (watched it twice back in 2014, it left a very memorable mark as I loved the action and subtle love between Levi and the MC)

Honorable mentions:

6) Naruto series (saw all the series before the anime became popular enough for normies to even like it)
7) One Piece (per the urging and binge-ing competition between a friend I started watching it and came to love it by the great war arc)
8) Fairy Tail (loved the first run but man did it turn into a f*ckery in the 2014 run imo)
9) Hitman Reborn (I liked the concept and it was probably due to that reason that I loved Sun Ken Rock even more)
10) Maid-sama (one of the first few anime I watched and imo it's quite girly but it's good sh*t)

Manga wise my all time favourite is: Sun Ken Rock (the illustrator Boichi of Dr. Stone created this and I think the only reasons it wasn't animated was because it was based around Korea (whom the japs hate a lot) and the extreme activities within (rape, blackmail, gambling, brothels & blood) ironic since they still animated Akame Ga Kill which is similar).

This is closely followed by: Darwin's game, Dorei Yuugi, Hive, Lookism, Murenase & Gal Gohan.
I'd have to agree with One Piece. Other than that there's AoT, Death Note, One Punch Man, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter (2011, although some of the older fight scenes like with Uvo are better imo).
Pretty rhythm aurora dream
Pretty rhythm dear my future
What anime do you think I should start watching? just finished re:zero and found it meh
Steins gate
Akame ga kill
Log horizon
No game no life
Fate/zero
Code Geass
+Anything Better ?
Bungou stray dogs
K project
Full metal alchemist
Psycho pass
Pandora hearts