The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Why would i look it up if my teacher told me? "/

Revision is doing my swede in. Officially.
Reply 41
it better fit in the GOD DAM PATTERN!
had me panicking then hahaha
Charlurr
Why would i look it up if my teacher told me? "/

Revision is doing my swede in. Officially.

Ah, you go to a good college then. Lol. I dont trust what any teacher says after we had a mishap at the start of the year...he fed us all the wrong info and missed things out and then got sacked for it! So wasted a few months. But thats going off topic so........

There is never a guarantee of whats going to come up. So you shouldnt really base everything on predictions but with the amount to revise and considering other subjects, im tempted to do that. That and people got the predictions for PYA4 pretty much spot on.
kokiri
A quote from Blackadder Goes Forth springs to mind: "Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it. It will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard. Doing exactly what we've done eighteen times before will be the last thing they expect us to do this time."

-when has that EVER happened before though!?! stop trying to panic people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 44
chaotik_mind
...That and people got the predictions for PYA4 pretty much spot on.

by this how right were they?? like did all questions come up that you guys thought??
were the patterns in PYA4 as clear as they are in PYA5? or still a bit risky?
Reply 45
katiemarie123
-when has that EVER happened before though!?! stop trying to panic people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, because a comedy show quote REALLY set the whole thread into a frenzy. In fact, it appears that the only person actually panicking is - drum roll - yourself.

Just REVISE if you're so worried, bloody hell. Can anyone safely say Anxiety certainly won't come up? It very well might :rolleyes:
*anon*
by this how right were they?? like did all questions come up that you guys thought??
were the patterns in PYA4 as clear as they are in PYA5? or still a bit risky?

Well what was predicted here was maintenance/dissolution, biological rhythms/disruption and personality. Thats exactly what came up. Was so relieved when i opened up the exam paper to see those questions.

People have predicted the topics for this and if you look at the past paper patterns, its logical that the topics people are predicting now will come up on monday.
Reply 47
chaotik_mind
Well what was predicted here was maintenance/dissolution, biological rhythms/disruption and personality. Thats exactly what came up. Was so relieved when i opened up the exam paper to see those questions.

People have predicted the topics for this and if you look at the past paper patterns, its logical that the topics people are predicting now will come up on monday.

wooo thanks ssooo much to everyone on these forums!!!!
x
wel... thats if they come up hehehe :biggrin:
Reply 48
is anyone else really confused about writing answers to the perspective questions? i just don't know how to do it, can't get my head round it, can anyone offer some simple advice/technique?
Reply 49
What is the chance that both animal ethics and culture will come up, my lovelies?
Reply 50
hi there has anyone any predictions for treating mental disorders question no3?
behavioural treatments came up in january so......i'm revising biological and cognitive-behavioural. You can do psychodynamic if you dont like the cognitive stuff. One or the other.
Reply 52
so am i right in saying...

for psychopathology - schiz is very likely and possibly depression, anxiety disorders quite low..

and then for issues

culture bias and SSR are both likely.

could someone just confirm this for me pleaaase? obvs it isnt a certainty but it would help me in whatto properly concentrate on! thaaaanks! xxxx
Mirain

for psychopathology - schiz is very likely and possibly depression, anxiety disorders quite low..

and then for issues

could someone just confirm this for me pleaaase? obvs it isnt a certainty but it would help me in whatto properly concentrate on! thaaaanks! xxxx

I agree with those predictions.. They are definetly the topics I'm concentrating on the most, but be safe and try and revise other areas too.

I don't know what I'm gunna do if a "compare and contrast" question comes up? I'll probably have to revise some of the treatments stuff.
Reply 54
Mirain

and then for issues

yes i think thats what the majority is going for :biggrin:
x
Reply 55
ah thank you both anon and godspeed... i just needed some reassurance. godspeed what do you mean by a compare and contrast question?! i dont even know what that meaans! please tell me its something to do with debates which i don't do and then i don't have to even think about it :smile:
Reply 56
GodspeedGehenna

I don't know what I'm gunna do if a "compare and contrast" question comes up? I'll probably have to revise some of the treatments stuff.

They took compare + contrast questions off the specification, so they definately wouldn't come up.
kokiri
They took compare + contrast questions off the specification, so they definately wouldn't come up.

OMG. Thank god..

It was like trying to compare a dog with a frying pan..

"Erm.. well, one is a dog, the other is a frying pan."
Reply 58
What are the main issues that are likely to appear?
My guess is Cultural Bias and Socially-Sensitive Research.

Latest

Trending

Trending