The Student Room Group

Do I need 5 GCSE's to do three A levels?

Hey guys im currently doing English and Maths GCSE this coming September. I am turning 21, i plan to do A levels afterwards. My goal is to take English Language and linguistics in university, so i needed to know can i do three A levels with only English and Maths GCSE.
If i take for example:
English literature A level
English Language A level
Psychology A level (since these 3 A levels only require english and maths gcse).

The reason why i havent done full gcse if because the last couple of years ive been abroad in africa and recently came back also i have hear 11 equivalent grades in Somalia.
Original post by Yaseenaui
Hey guys im currently doing English and Maths GCSE this coming September. I am turning 21, i plan to do A levels afterwards. My goal is to take English Language and linguistics in university, so i needed to know can i do three A levels with only English and Maths GCSE.
If i take for example:
English literature A level
English Language A level
Psychology A level (since these 3 A levels only require english and maths gcse).

The reason why i havent done full gcse if because the last couple of years ive been abroad in africa and recently came back also i have hear 11 equivalent grades in Somalia.

Permission to do A levels will depend on the college.
Not many colleges do A levels these days.
If yours does then you need to check entrance requirements.

For a school it would be standard to require grade 6 at GCSE to be allowed to do the A level.
That is in addition to English and Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest