The Student Room Group

Ladies: Which is worse, if a guy is gaining weight, or going bald?

When it comes to dating a guy, which would you say is worse?
Original post by JJBOURNE89

Wouldnt it depend how much weight and how bald?
Difference is you can lose weight through a consistent calorie deficit, but unless you have a hair transplant then there doesnt seem to be a cure for baldness.
Both are fine.

When you date someone you expect their weight is going to change over time whether that's up or down. To think otherwise is unrealistic.

Bald is hot so hair loss isn't an issue to me.

You can control you weight but you can’t do much about baldness unfortunately. If I was bald I could wear a wig but if I was dating a woman, I wouldn’t want her to feel like she’s being lied to. So it’s only fair that weight is worse. That said, people let themselves go. It happens and they can always fix that. Every man deserves a shot.
(edited 4 years ago)
Gaining weight
Reply 5
Good to know, is hair on guys all that important to girls? I started losing mine pretty young which sucks but I've just been trying to get in better shape to counter it.
Original post by Yasmin1224
Gaining weight
Good to know, is hair on guys all that important to girls? I started losing mine pretty young which sucks but I've just been trying to get in better shape to counter it.

Muscle + beard is your friend. But in the end confidence is most important

Nothing sexier on a man than a nice beard - trimmed. Definitely no paunch though - totally avoidable!
Reply 8
Good to know I'm on the right track then haha
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Nothing sexier on a man than a nice beard - trimmed. Definitely no paunch though - totally avoidable!
Reply 9

Speaking as a guy who went from skinny and hairy to a bit chubby with less hair I can tell you that most women don’t give a rats about your hair but they do your body.

Your on the right track compensating with the body so long as your well dressed and actually put yourself out there (you can’t wait for your girl, you have to go get her).

Quick Reply

Latest